netteller exchange rates

laidbackbloke

I was checking my Netteller account and saw that having made a $200 deposit at mermaid poker it converted to £115.37 then when i withdrew $200 it converted to £111.28. ................................ so where did the other 4 quid go? .......................... I'd imagine at most 50p can be normal exchange rate fluctuation ...................so it looks to me that either web dollar (who administer payment at mermaid poker and quite a few other sites) or Netteller are skimming off the top by giving significantly different exchange rates........................ anyone else noticed this?:unsure Thinking about it I think it must be Netteller as they must be the ones converting the cash from £ to $ back to £:@

Re: netteller exchange rates The neteller exchange rate is terrible. I noticed this when i deposited $600 to pokerstars to get the bonus (stackable...ie doesn't expire) ready for when i start playing cash games. Then I pulled it out 3 days later and i lost ablout £20! :rollinAnd some bookies charge you on top of that for making a withdrawal (5Dimes, Skybook + some other US bookies):puke

Re: netteller exchange rates I asked for a price list.

NETELLER Withdrawal Options

Transfer Type

Fee

Time

Min

Maximum

Peer to Peer (Member to Member) *1, *2

1.9% from recipient

Until accepted by Receiver

$20 USD

$5,000 USD / Transaction

Bank Transfer *5

1 Unit

5-10 business days

Please refer to Purse Limit Chart

Please refer to Purse Limit Chart

Online Check (EFT) *2

FREE

USD Clients 1-2 Business Days, CND Clients 1-4 Business Days

$20 USD

U.S. Customers $5,000 USD/Transaction, Canadian Customers $3750 USD or $5000 CAD/Transaction

Check *3

FedEx - U.S. $11 USD, CND $14 CAD, International $21 USD. Regular Mail - U.S. $2 USD, CND. $3 CAD, International 1U plus mailing fees

Depends on delivery method selected.

$5 USD

$100,000 USD / Day

Member Wire

UK: 2.00 GBP, N.A.& International: $12.75 USD £7.00 GBP $17.00 CA €10.50 EURO

2 - 7 business days

None

North American: Non-certified: unlimited Certified: unlimited Daily International: Non-certified: 5,000 Euro Certified: 10,000 Euro Weekly International: Non-Certified: 10,000 Euro Certified: 20,000 Euro

Debit Card *4

2U Withdrawal Fee

15 minutes to 1 hour

$20 USD

$1,000 U / Day

***U refers to Units of currency of client’s NETELLER account (USD, CDN, GBP, or EUR).

Please note that if you have any instaCASH deposits pending that have not yet cleared on our site, those funds will not be available to withdraw.

*1: There is a fee of 1.9% deducted from the total amount being transferred.

*2: The Maximum amount is $5,000USD per transaction but you may do as many as you wish in a day up to $100,000 USD per day. Online Check’s are currently only available in the US and Canada.

*3: NETELLER will charge a 1U processing fee on all checks that are issued. There will also be a mailing fee of either 1U for Regular Mail or a FedEx Mailing fee of either 10U for US/Canada or 20U for International. These fees will be deducted from the amount that is being withdrawn.

*4: There is a 2U fee deducted from the amount being transferred to the Debit Card at the time of withdrawal. There are other fees associated with this Debit Card when you use it at an ABM.

*5: Only available to European members (including Turkey & Israel)

NETELLER Deposit Options

Deposit Type

Fee

Time

Min

Maximum

InstaCASH

8.9%

Instant

$10.00 USD ($13.00 CAD)

Level One: $750.00 USD/lifetime ($900 CAD) Level Two: $750.00 USD/7 day rolling period ($900 CAD) Level Three: $1,500 USD/7 day rolling period ($1900 CAD) Level Four: $3,000 USD/7 day rolling period ($3900 CAD)

Online Check (EFT)

Free

4-5 business days

$15.00 USD

$5,000 USD/Transaction

Credit Card

3.9%

Instant

$15.00 USD

Non-Certified

€200.00 EUR

£100.00 GBP

$500.00 USD (N.A.), $250 USD (International)

$600.00 CAD

Certified

$4,000.00 USD/30 day period

Bank Wire

Free

1-2 Business Days

N/A

N/A

NETELLER ATM Card

Free

Instant

N/A

$1,000.00 USD/day

Internet Banking

Free

2-4 Business Days

$10.00 USD

Maximum Depends on Purse Limit (refer to FSA Limit Chart)

Turkish Cash Deposit

Free

2-5 Business Days

$10 USD

$5,000 USD /Transaction

~

Turkey Internet Banking- if the funds are coming in Turkish YTL then the customer will receive credit in 4 hours. Turkey Cash Deposits- if the funds are coming in Turkish YTL then the customer will receive credit in 4 hours. Turkey Internet Banking- if the funds are coming in USD or Euro ( 2-4 business days ) they can take a couple of days to come through as they have to go through their central bank. Turkey Cash Deposits -if the funds are coming in USD or Euro ( 2-4 business days ) they can take a couple of days to come through as they have to go through their central bank. All other countries ( U.K, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark ) should state 2-4 business days.

Re: netteller exchange rates Thats a direct copy from my e-mail. I haven't studied it to be honest. :$ I can't remember if its possible to open an account in dollars. I'm still happy to use them. actually it looks right to me, going by the bank transfer fees. I've said it before, £1 fee is all I've paid and that was on a £100 withdrawal to my bank a/c. I think thats better than cr. card.:unsure

Re: netteller exchange rates My Neteller account is in dollars - is fnded from my sterling bank account. Have only made one deposit via my bank account, and haven't used it a great deal for payments in and out of poker sites, but haven't seemed to pay a commission on any of the transfers so far. I was under the impression that you only got charged when you paid money 'back to source'? Not been in a position to find out yet - lol

• 3 months later...

Re: netteller exchange rates Hmmm I have been taking a look at some of my poker accounts, and it appears that there is a similar issue with the webdollar transactions (used by virgin and other boss media software). The difference between their deposit and withdrawal exchange rates is around $0.10 ($1.81 compared with $1.91). This effectively equates to a handling 'charge' of around 5% ! Compare this with something like Ladbrokes 'floating excahange rate' which offers the same 'floating' rate for deposits and withdrawals. Does anybody know what the deal with the transactions for Sporting Odds is ? I did have a 'live chat' with one of their help team, but I got the impression that their deposit and withdrawal rates varied based on the day to day exhange rates. Anybody got this $ to £ transaction charge sussed for the boss media network? Thanks