** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Welsh Open Snooker Qualifying

Re: Welsh Open Snooker Qualifying What you think of wallace at evens Kev or anyone else?:unsure Wallace is a much more solid player than Jogia who is wha't more commonly known as a "potter", but I'm surprised to see it priced up like this despite Wallace not being in the best of form. I would be 8/11 Wallace myself.

Re: Welsh Open Snooker Qualifying paul/kevshat do you know anything on dave gilbert v cope at 5/4 any value in this?. i dont know anything about him but as i was watching the livescores yesterday he (gilbert) knocked in a couple of decent breaks one around 120+. If he wins frames in one visit regularly i may have a small stake on him. His he known for breakbuilding or was it just a one off? any advice appreciated. thanks

Re: Welsh Open Snooker Qualifying Gonna leave this. As for Gilbert, I've actually played the cocky twat in Leicester about 6 years ago. :rollin He beat me 3-2. :sad Cope has had a good season so far and I couldn't go against him. Gilbert is a touch of value at that price, but I'd be surprised if he beats Cope. ;)

Re: Welsh Open Snooker Qualifying

What you think of wallace at evens Kev or anyone else?:unsure Wallace is a much more solid player than Jogia who is wha't more commonly known as a "potter", but I'm surprised to see it priced up like this despite Wallace not being in the best of form. I would be 8/11 Wallace myself.
Sorry mate, just got in from work and not been on a PC all day. Gutted I missed this, I agree with pretty much everything you said. After all it's only what 2-3 years ago that Wallace was a World quarter-finalist wasn't it? Just looked at the scoring and Wallace is about to go 2-1 up and is currently 1/2 in running. Can't be having that but if Jogia levels it then I might have a bet on Wallace because you'd have to fancy him if it went close.

Re: Welsh Open Snooker Qualifying Ok, I've done my homework and have come up with 2 bets! 10pts A.Norman to beat D.Harold 5/6 10pts L.Wen Bo to beat R.McLeod 6/4 I've had a look back through the seasons of Harold and Norman and Norman has qualified for 2 events and lost to Bingham in the final qualifier for the UK. Given that in order for him to qualify for events he must win 4 matches I don't think that's a bad effort. One of the events he qualified for was the Grand Prix where he made the last 16 before losing 5-4 to Michael Holt. He beat Michael Judge in that run who had just beaten Stephen Maguire. Harold on the other hand has qualified for 1 more event but he only has to win 2 matches to qualify for events due to his ranking. That doesn't say a great deal so perhaps the telling thing could be that Harold has only played 2 competitive matches in 2 months whereas Norman played yesterday. I fancy Norman in this one. As for Mr Wen Bo, well normally I wouldn't go anywhere near him against someone of Rory's ability but the match fitness issue could come into play here as well. Rory wouldn't have played many recently whereas Wen Bo has played 2 matches this week, and he hasn't lost a frame yet, beating Storey (who did actually turn up Paul) and Jamie Burnett (both tricky opponents on their day) 5-0. That's no mean feat and he is obviously in good form further emphasised by him missing on the 12th red of a maximum break attempt during his match with Sean Storey. The odds on him are very attractive. Good luck to all.

Re: Welsh Open Snooker Qualifying Just seen your bit about Matthew Couch. Would have to agree, I think it's dangerous offering odds of 2/1 about anyone in this format. It's like the equivalent of the 1st round in that Grand Prix in darts isn't it where anyone can turn anyone over! Just been looking at the draw for the Malta Cup. With no O'Sullivan that is wide open. There could well be some money to be made next week! :ok

Re: Welsh Open Snooker Qualifying Wen Bo wins 5-3 but Harold does a job on Norman :( Still, a 5pt profit is better than nothing! 2 that I like from the 4pm starts are: 10pts Stuart Pettman to beat David Roe 4/7 10pts Stuart Bingham to beat Jamie Cope 4/6 Pettman is having a good season by his standards having qualified for 2 events and lost in the final qualifier to Neil Robertson in 2 others and I think he'll be too strong for David Roe who has scraped through to this stage. Bingham is yet to lose a qualifier this season and has been in superb form recently. Jamie Cope is a very dangerous player but with the form Bingham's in he'll have his work cut out in this one.