Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006)

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006)

She is totally classless. She was just being outplayed so she quit. OR she must have thought she would quit so her fans who bet on her can save money and get refunds on their bet.
The most worrying thing is you probably believe the things like this that you say:unsure

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 38.5 games in mens final. 5/6 Boylesports. Covers 3-0 Fed and possibly 3-1 Fed as well. 3-0 is just 4/7 so maybe some value here.
Bet365 have the same:ok Have to say it does look good, much better than Fed 3-0. Only way a Fed 3-0 would lose is 7-6 7-6 7-6 which isn't exactly likely. Also got a few chances if it's 4 sets, even a 6-3 3-6 7-5 6-2 would come in. But I'm going to leave it and stick with the outright action on Fed:hope .

:lol :lol :lol I think you just proved my point;)
Fret not, mate - he probably thought Agassi was an overhyped and overrated twat when he limped off meekly against Nieminen at last year's Roland Garros too... :lol

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) In all honesty, looking at Fed's Grand Slam Final records, I don't think it bodes too well for Baghdatis truth be told. In his 6 Slam finals, he's won 4 of them 3-0 and just 2 of those 3-1(against Roddick at Wimbledon '04 and Agassi at US Open '05) - don't get me wrong, Baghdatis is a very decent player, but I don't think too many will disagree if I said this was ultimately an outcome up to Federer to control. Considering Federer has dropped at least a set in each of his last 3 matches(and he has a knack of stepping up a gear or two in finals themselves having 'struggled' en route) and Baghdatis having played 5-setters in his last two matches(and Federer only having ever dropped 1 set to Baghdatis in 3 previous encounters), I just feel Federer could overwhelm the Cypriot and shade this 3-0. ;)

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Is Cyprus the smallest nation to have a player in the final of a Grand Slam? Whats the money prize for 2nd position in AO? Cyprus Tennis Federation announced a 250k Euros bonus for Baghdatis and Cyprus Army announced his exemption from obligatory Military Service of 26 months. Pretty good for someone aged 20 i suppose.

Certainly can't think of anywhere smaller:unsure
By nationality it looks a sure thing, by citizenship I'm not that sure as at least residency and maybe in some cases citizenship as well would be San Marino (Peter Korda of the Czech Republic - still Czech nationality and citizenship - but no longer lived in the CR during his last AO final appearance, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if any of those players actually accepted the citizenship of San Marino during the active career.;)
Cyprus Tennis Federation announced a 250k Euros bonus for Baghdatis and Cyprus Army announced his exemption from obligatory Military Service of 26 months. Pretty good for someone aged 20 i suppose.
I guess especially the exemption from obligatory Military Service is a much appreciated gift:ok

Certainly can't think of anywhere smaller:unsure
By nationality it looks a sure thing, by citizenship I'm not that sure as at least residency and maybe in some cases citizenship as well would be San Marino (Peter Korda of the Czech Republic - still Czech nationality and citizenship - but no longer lived in the CR during his last AO final appearance, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if any of those players actually accepted the citizenship of San Marino during the active career.;)
Cyprus Tennis Federation announced a 250k Euros bonus for Baghdatis and Cyprus Army announced his exemption from obligatory Military Service of 26 months. Pretty good for someone aged 20 i suppose.
I guess especially the exemption from obligatory Military Service is a much appreciated gift;)

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Can't say there have been too many 'ups' as there really is hardly anything predictable about the whole tourny bar the fact Federer won it... :tongue2 Nevertheless, it has certainly been an enjoyable one from the fans'/neutral observer's perspective. Until Roland Garros then... ;)

Totally agree' date=' I don't hate Henin but I've never liked her much before. She is totally classless. She was just being outplayed so she quit. OR she must have thought she would quit so her fans who bet on her can save money and get refunds on their bet.[/quote'] http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17977638-5002324,00.html

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Federer is just one of the best sportsman in modern times. Almost unstoppable, and a true gent. He's already pretty much done it all, but his emotion today just shows his winning mentality, and the way he praised all of Bagdhatis' camp as well was good too see. I've just got so much respect and time for the bloke!