Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Championship Point, Bodfari Signet, Until When and Always Best were placed, and the other two lost, for a 9 point profit. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 3815.93 Total Staked: 8200 W/P/L: 57/135/28 Profit/Loss: +2815.93 (Win +887.66, Place +1928.27) Yield: +34.34%

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Slapdash you are without doubt an absolute master at this value game:notworthy , and I think it's fair to say that you must now rival Pricewise for the effect that your selections have on bookie prices. They are definately running scared as a very high proportion of your bets tumble in price minutes after your e-mail gets though, sadly in most cases now before I can actually get my bet on. Still nicely in profit though, and big thanks for that.:ok Big difference between your effect on the bookie and that of Pricewise is that you cost the bookies, whereas my guess is only the very early birds do so following PW.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 The last time I got asked this I got referred back to page 1 of the thread but I'm not sure the answer is there so here goes again ..... (if anyone has the patience to answer!) am I right in saying we are backing e/w on the basis that Betfairs prices are more "accurate" early on than the bookies and it is this "edge" that we are essentially backing to come in enough times to keep us in profit overall ??? ie. in some ways backing price takers with possible "inside" info on betfair (or catching early gambles) and backing them at the higher "non-adjusted" bookie market??? Thanks! Rafa.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 To answer a few questions: Randall: There's not really any idea involved that lots of other people haven't had as well. I'm generally looking at races (with odds-on favourites, or handicaps with four places paid) where the rigid formula the bookies use to calculate place odds from win odds tends to work against them. That much is very well known. The way I personally came up with the rest of the idea was that a couple of years ago I had a free bet from a bookie and decided to put it on an each way double on horses in two races with long odds-on favourites, but I couldn't decide which horses to choose (there were two or three likely choices in each race, I think), and had the idea of looking at the Betfair place prices to see which were most fancied for a place there, and was quite surprised to see how much the Betfair place prices varied for horses in the same race with quite similar win odds. Rafa: Yes, that's roughly the idea. I can't say I know exactly how it works, but certainly the idea is that the Betfair place odds should be more accurate, because they're not restricted by the rigid "1/4 the odds" or "1/5 the odds" rules the bookies have to follow. How much "inside information" is involved, and how much shrewd judgement by Betfair punters who know a lot more about horse racing than I do, I'm not sure. I suspect it varies from race to race.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Hi ya mate. followed the e.w double system today. 19 bets.:ok then i got on here and to cover all it was 26 bets. so i decided to do just the 2 from each race were you picked the 2 choices.. So it was 4 bets @ quid e.w double.:nana :nana :clap :clap :clap very lucky i picked the right ones.:ok

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Thanks, guys. Looks like everybody else managed to make better use of my selections than I did! Namir won, but I think there was a 15p rule 4 deduction on the price I took. Eljay's Boy won at 4/1. The other six lost. I make that a 76.75 point profit. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 3892.68 Total Staked: 8360 W/P/L: 59/135/224 Profit/Loss: +2892.68 (Win +986.66, Place +1906.02) Yield: +34.60%