Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

Wensleydale Star a non-runner. AGAIN!!!!!
Any bookies take bets on which horses will be non-runners? :lol In the 2.15 Newton Abbot, I notice that Massini Sunset, that I posted at 18/1, started at 33/1 and came nowhere, but Massimo, which was 25/1 this morning (and longer on Betfair), started at 9/1 and came second. Similar names; I wonder if all the bookies, and Betfair punters, got them mixed up? :tongue2

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Slapdash can you give me your opinion on Conservative in the 5.20 at Yarmouth, surely worth a small flutter or even on the 3rd or 4th favourite? If you get time tell me what you think. thanks! P.S. went for all the horses in the other race except Orion express lol well done again!

Slapdash can you give me your opinion on Conservative in the 5.20 at Yarmouth, surely worth a small flutter or even on the 3rd or 4th favourite? If you get time tell me what you think. thanks!
I had a look at that earlier. There seems to be a lot of value in the place, even though there are only two places paid, but the Betfair win price is 15/1 compared to a best early price of 12/1. I was going to see what happened to the price just before the race. I'd certainly take 14/1, and I'd take 20/1 on the third and fourth favourites. And even taking 12/1 on Conservative doesn't look silly: I wouldn't try to put you off.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Whoops! Forgot that there was a non-runner in the 5.20, bringing it down from 8 to 7 runners and only 2 places paid. Whereas the Betfair place prices were for 3 places. Sorry about that! Conservative was second anyway. Many apologies if anybody backed the 3rd/4th favourites because of what I wrote!

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 5.10 York Connect (22/1 BetDirect) 10 points EW. Large handicap system. We're getting 6.5 for the place, compared to a lay price of 4.5 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price is also a lot lower at 16/1. I usually leave the ones above 20/1, but this would be a selection even if the price were as low as 18/1, so I'll include it.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 A couple of races this evening that might produce something, but that's all for now. There are a few longer priced ones in my "EW Doubles" thread. The price on Prince Rossi hasn't been cut yet. The Sporting Odds Phantom Price Slasher must be on holiday this week.

A couple of races this evening that might produce something, but that's all for now. There are a few longer priced ones in my "EW Doubles" thread. The price on Prince Rossi hasn't been cut yet. The Sporting Odds Phantom Price Slasher must be on holiday this week.
Gone to 14's now. He must have been on the loo!

How strict are they on having to do the starting bank and current bank etc cuz im so lazy......
Well, you ought to keep records, just for your own benefit, so you know how things are going. You don't have to update it every day, though. You don't have to do anything elaborate: just profit and yield, basically, so people can get some idea of how well the system's doing without having to go through the whole thread and do the sums themselves. If you stick to level stakes and just keep track of the total profit and number of bets, then it doesn't take long. I keep track of a few other things, because I'm interested in seeing how the win and place parts of the bets are doing separately, but that's not really necessary.

How strict are they on having to do the starting bank and current bank etc cuz im so lazy......
Datapunter has a spreadsheet download somewhere early on in his thread that works it all out for you - just cut & paste to your thread.