** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls

GaF

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls in January Beauty!!!!!!! :nana :nana :nana :nana :cow :cow :cow :cow :nana :nana :nana :nana :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls in January Thanks everyone. I'm absolutely delighted with that result - january's been a fantastic month of poker for me. Strange thing is I didnt get dealt AA, KK or QQ once in the whole 5 hours I was playing! I felt like I had a good read on my opponents though in the later stages and was confident of making the right moves at the right times. While most people were limping into the money I didn't worry about that and was as aggressive as hell. Just need to decide the best way of re-investing the winnings now, speculate to accumulate n all that ;)

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls in January

Anyone else in this today then?
Yup - I'm in ...... You sure you want to give it a go again? ;) Just been looking at my overall stats - considering the excedingly poor start I had (about $110 down at the end of the first week? :loon) I'm relieved to have finished my spell at laddies (I was only playing for the freeroll) UP!! Showing a profit of $52.99 - could have been so much worse. My profit is 2.08 Big Blinds per 100 hands - not particularly good I know, but better than a loss - and I feel I have learnt from this and improved my cash game...... Over the month, I played 6374 hands, voluntarily putting $ into the pot on 13.26% of occasions....... I was dealt AA 29 times, and they held up 89.66% of the time, for a profit of $119.37. KK was more profitable ($122.24) despite "only" holding up 78.26% of the time (was I more prepared to let them go than AA?) QQ, JJ and TT were amongst my most expensive hands..... need to look at how I play them. QQ and JJ held up 48% of the time, TT held up 37% of the time ...... I feel they should be doing better than that? I play them aggrssively (typically 5 x BB raise pre flop) - so maybe I let them go too easily when I see an overcard flop....... What else of interest? Postion stats ...... Button - $39.94 - VP$IP=15.81% 1 - $44.79 - VP$IP=12.58% 2 - $43.62 - VP$IP=12.87% 3 - $28.56 - VP$IP=11.76% 4 - $16.39 - VP$IP=14.16% 5 - ($12.08) - VP$IP=11.28% 6 - $23.81 - VP$IP=10.52% 7 - ($9.74) - VP$IP=11.90% BB - ($35.40) - VP$IP=7.08% SB - ($86.90) - VP$IP=22.40% I look at this as being quite poor - it doesn't look like I exploited position as much as I could/should have ....... maybe I should loosen up a bit more in late position......or are these stats "normal"? In late position I see more raises in front of me so have to fold, whereas in early position, I'd be more likely to feel my way through?

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls in January Re: TT, JJ & QQ. Maybe you are showing your opponents too much respect GaF? Some people at those levels are capable of playing any two cards and will call bets on the flop with trash. TT, JJ and QQ are very difficult to play. Not sure of the exact percentages but I believe with TT you will see an overcard on the flop something like 75% of the time and with JJ its around 60%. (Anyone know the exact figures?). One option is to limp in pre flop, it disguises your hand and if you hit a set you're laughing. It also allows you to get away from the hand cheaply if overcards hit. I wouldn't recommend this as a rule (especially with QQ) but it can sometimes be a good move depending on the style of the opponents you are facing. I personally prefer to raise pre flop (most of the time ;) ) but if you are going to raise pre flop then in my opinion you have to be prepared to bet on the flop even when scary overcards hit.

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls in January Cheers Norfolk - sounds good advice - I need to look at the hands a bit more in PT to see what exactly is happening/going wrong.... Sat with LBB at the moment - not sure if I've played a hand yet :unsure......

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls in January

Cheers Norfolk - sounds good advice - I need to look at the hands a bit more in PT to see what exactly is happening/going wrong.... Sat with LBB at the moment - not sure if I've played a hand yet :unsure......
i've played 3 hands so far, and i made an arse of one of them :\

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls in January Ladbrokes are rerunning this promotion in February - seems I have choices to make between laddies and Poker4ever - or lots of games to play!!! Think I'll prioritise poker4ever for the huge potential for ridiculously low entry......... however try and achieve the laddies raked hands as well......

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls in January Just a word of warning - laddies appear to have changed the qualifying period AGAIN!! Now it seems raked hands to 23:59 Friday will count (instead of right up to the start!!) I suspect that entry will be quite a bit lower this week - with the late notice and shorter qualifying session ........ maybe less than 1000? (remember top 200 paid!!) - think I'll have a "mega multi table" session tonight and try and break the back of it ..... on 55 raked hands so far - just 445 to go by midnight tomorrow :loon

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls Hmmm ... I'm really struggling to get the raked hands this week - when you spread it out over a week - you don't appreciate just how many hours it takes!!! I'm playing 4 tables at $0.20/$0.10 - and am getting raked hands at the rate of about 1 every minute ....... currently on 134 - that means about 366 hands (or minutes to go) - that's 6 hours!!!! :loon :loon before midnight tomorrow!!!! It aint going to happen!!! Do I try playing different limits? (how much faster would that be?) Do I try playing looser? Do I spread it over 2 nights - tonight and tomorrow - then plead ignorance to live help about the midnight cut off (I can see from January that they'll help.....) Or do I just miss one week? (but this could be the week I win the $15,000 :loon)

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls well, I'm about thirty hands ahead of you and don't know if I'm going to do it either. A friend of mine plays Omaha when he wants to see a lot of flops but thats the only helpful suggestion I can make. However, I was under the impression you had until about 17.00 saturday to do it. Worth checking out Good luck with it, hope I see you there:unsure# Actually no, you're right. Midnight it is

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls That's the third different set of conditions they've had for this!!!! So I think you'd get away with going beyond midnight tomorrow ....... How many tables do you play rosie? I get the impression you only play one at a time - that's a looooong time on 1 table!!!!!!! Other option I didn't consider was playing short handed or heads up ..... but I don't really consider them my strong point!! And as for Omaha - I haven't a clue how to play it!!! (so think it would be a bad move!!)

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls

Hmmm ... I'm really struggling to get the raked hands this week - when you spread it out over a week - you don't appreciate just how many hours it takes!!! I'm playing 4 tables at $0.20/$0.10 - and am getting raked hands at the rate of about 1 every minute ....... currently on 134 - that means about 366 hands (or minutes to go) - that's 6 hours!!!! :loon :loon before midnight tomorrow!!!! It aint going to happen!!! Do I try playing different limits? (how much faster would that be?) Do I try playing looser? Do I spread it over 2 nights - tonight and tomorrow - then plead ignorance to live help about the midnight cut off (I can see from January that they'll help.....) Or do I just miss one week? (but this could be the week I win the $15,000 :loon)
I played about 3 hours at $0.25/$0.50 tonight ( 3 tables) and raked 176 hands ...................... at $0.20/$0.10 its going to take a long time, as its not just raked hands .......... its contributed raked hands, so only hands you have contributed to the pot count. to boost the number of raked hands loosen your calling requirements ............... but be prepared to fold to a raise .................... as long as someone else calls and the pot reaches $5 it will count as a raked hand...............but obviously don't just throw your money away with any old pish cards :tongue2 personally i think you should give $0.25/$0.50 a go as you are certainly good enough to play a higher level ................. just remember people will generally have a higher starting hand requirement than on $0.20/$0.10 ( though there are still exceptions:lol )

Of course - short handed - I couldn't (wouldn't want to) play 4 tables at a time - so that probably doesn't help......
If you don't play short handed its not a good idea to start when you are trying to make up the raked hands ................. it could affect your decisions .......................... if you lose a lot of money getting there then its not really a Freeroll ;)

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls ok, I am actually playing 3 tables now. I hate that though, does my head in. But I guess that the advantage with playing 6 max, or whatever, is that you are supposed to play a lot more hands. I don't know. I just hope I get in the money in the freeroll, becvause I won't be happy if I make it and some muppet knocks me out. And no, if you don't know how to play it, I wouldn't suggest Omaha, takes more time to learn than you have right now

Re: Ladbrokes $100,000 weekly freerolls Hmmm - interesting LBB - :ok. It seems you are going at about the same rate as me on 3 tables ($0.25/$0.50) as I am on 4 tables ($0.10/$0.20) - i.e. 1 raked hand a minute .... not sure I'd want to step up under these conditions AND play 4 tables - and if I go down to 3, there's no advantage......... Are you playing for the freeroll? Where you at? I could manage to play a little during the day tomorrow - but I don't like playing during the day - I find the standard quite a bit higher......

ok' date=' I am actually playing 3 tables now. [/quote'] Ah - just spotted you on one of my tables - hope you haven't been there long :unsure Forgive me for not chatting - but I'm on 4 tables - you're on 3 - doesn't make for great conversation ;)