** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Boxing Day 12.35 Sandown

Aykay1

MAMBO - each way Mambo makes his first appearance after a break but coming from the Henderson stable, this isnt too much of a concern for me. He returns to hurdling here after a spell over fences and its interesting to note he is rated 19lb's lower over these obstacles. His form over the fences has been respectable enough. Beaten by DEMPSEY is no disgrace - the winner has gone on to run well in a better grade race since. Mambo has also beaten the likes of LACDOUDAL over fences, who has developed into a top class performer. His hurdles form is good. He has done very little wrong except for last time out when he finished last of 10. It was later reported though that he finished in a distressed state so i think we can discount that run. The likely favourite Motorway is a worthy one but he is rising in the handicap and im hoping a further 9lb rise for his last win can let in Mambo to grab the spoils of his seemingly favourable mark.

Re: Boxing Day 12.35 Sandown Defo agree Henderson is the king of getting horses ready after a layoff , Mambo has a real live chance. Howver my money is going the way of Nanga Parbat who's Chepstow form behind Admiral looks rock solid , and despite flopping last time out can bounce back here.