VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

Do you think it will be legit to sell a maxim poker GF ticket if we were to qualify via the monthly draw? Or if we qualify for the GF twice? Would like to hear everyones views.
I don't think you're able to win 2 weekly finals are you? Even if you are and did, I think it's wrong for that spare ticket to be sold. As morl says, a lot of people have commited a lot of time and effort to be where they are on the leaderboard. Hopefully our efforts will be rewarded by getting the opportunity to attend and compete at the final in London. If I were to somehow win 2 tickets, I would be offering the spare ticket to the person in 16th place on the leaderboard as I feel that would be the fair thing to do and would hope, if I were in 16th place (which I may well be) others would do the same. This further emphasises morl's point that for someone to just buy their way in to the final when all those around have worked their asses off is wrong and completely off-side. Like many people, these are only my views though.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you're able to win 2 weekly finals are you? Even if you are and did, I think it's wrong for that spare ticket to be sold. As morl says, a lot of people have commited a lot of time and effort to be where they are on the leaderboard. Hopefully our efforts will be rewarded by getting the opportunity to attend and compete at the final in London. If I were to somehow win 2 tickets, I would be offering the spare ticket to the person in 16th place on the leaderboard as I feel that would be the fair thing to do and would hope, if I were in 16th place (which I may well be) others would do the same. This further emphasises morl's point that for someone to just buy their way in to the final when all those around have worked their asses off is wrong and completely off-side. Like many people, these are only my views though.
Think it's a moot subject anyway. I am certain someone qualified twice last year, and they only sent them one set of tickets. Completely agree though. It would not be cricket to buy your way in.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Am out already! Shocking performance. Finished 144th so only a pathetic 11 points for me. Hit the straight 9,10,J,Q,K on the flop. Some guy went all in so called him only to see he had an Ace high flop! Bugger. Oh well, least it's only low numbers on a Tuesday Afternoon!

harsh but fairly VC typical eh :/
Yeah, damn VC...won't know what to do when and if I get to London. Will be scared of the river the whole time! Haha. Oh well, like I said, at least it's a fairly low points loss I've suffered. Should have been more patient though!

This afternoons tourny was unfair, 4 tables left, all trying to get into the last 27 and 2 disconnected players kept winning their big blinds. Players who had worked hard missed mondays final to disconnected players.
m8 welcome to vc maxim king of poker, unlucky at least u didnt come 29th out with AA

Yeah, damn VC...won't know what to do when and if I get to London. Will be scared of the river the whole time! Haha. Oh well, like I said, at least it's a fairly low points loss I've suffered. Should have been more patient though!
The Thames is quite safe from flooding these days Lombardo. :ok

YOU WANT PRIZES? WELL' date= THERE ARE WEEKLY PRIZES! Oh yes! The runners-up each week will win fantastic prizes like: 2nd place - PSP & game 3rd place - iPod nano 4th place - Poker Set 5th place - DVD set 6th place - Maxim & Poker Player (1 Year Subscription) 7th place - Free VC Poker Bet 8th place - Maxim (1 Year Subscription) 9th place - Complete Guide to Poker & VC Poker Polo Shirt
I was just checking to see what the prizes were for the weekly final ..............anyone any idea what the dvd set i won last night actually is ..................... its a bit of a vague discription :unsure

I was just checking to see what the prizes were for the weekly final ..............anyone any idea what the dvd set i won last night actually is ..................... its a bit of a vague discription :unsure
You get a choice between "Murder she wrote.." season 3 or "Miss Marple Investigates" The definitive Collection :nana Maybe...............................................................;)

Guest gazza271

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Sod it Had to do school run and take my lad to his cross country run this afternoon so played till 2.40 and left it with about 3k in chips, just seen i finnished in 28th:cry

You get a choice between "Murder she wrote.." season 3 or "Miss Marple Investigates" The definitive Collection :nana Maybe...............................................................;)
:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :lol

i have to say i agree wholeheartedly with lom`s suggestion to donate spare tickets to whomever might finish in 16th!

i have to say i agree wholeheartedly with lom`s suggestion to donate spare tickets to whomever might finish in 16th!
you cant win 2 seats, i did by accident last year and didnt get 2 seats i seem to remember some1 else won 2 as well .such was their bad organisation, people who won monthly prizes didnt know till the end.i recieved tickets 4 the final the day after i won a seat after winning a weekly.if id have known i would have gone out earlier to get a prize instead.morls may mean the plus 1 ticket ,cant play but can party.