VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

out in 38th, blinded down. means i've not qualified for tomorrow first time EVER, in the 2 years its been going that ive not qualified for a weekly :/
Me and you can have our own party then Master as I too have failed to qualify and may I add, was robbed! For those who saw it, sorry for repeating... Im short stacked, 2.4k or something and get pocket K's...go all in after being told not to. 3 of us playing but the person who told me not to go in then folds after a raise on the flop, leaving me and one other. He currently has a pair of 6's...turn comes...nothing, im looking good... River comes....anyone guess what it was? Answers on a postcard to: lombardo VC robbed me of a weekly Poker Close(d) Lonelyville Best of luck to one and all tomorrow and see you on Tuesday.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and you can have our own party then Master as I too have failed to qualify and may I add, was robbed! For those who saw it, sorry for repeating... Im short stacked, 2.4k or something and get pocket K's...go all in after being told not to. 3 of us playing but the person who told me not to go in then folds after a raise on the flop, leaving me and one other. He currently has a pair of 6's...turn comes...nothing, im looking good... River comes....anyone guess what it was? Answers on a postcard to: lombardo VC robbed me of a weekly Poker Close(d) Lonelyville Best of luck to one and all tomorrow and see you on Tuesday.
been there got the t-shirt, i feel for you m8 temted to get some vc river tshirts made for the final lol

Geez...is there somthing in the water??? 2 big players not in the final...unthinkable :cry

I hope you make it Ronay but it is not pretty and if it was me I would be keeping quiet and not trying to justify it at the tables when not surprisingly it upsets people. :ok
Runa - not sure that's really fair just singling me out, I'm not the only one who slows it down when short stacked and tonight to be honest I just wanted off the table I was on. To play with someone who did just call every hand which basically as he had position on the discons meant he topped up regardless of hands I just didn't feel I could play unless some good cards came which they didn't seem to do. Yeah this weekend I don't feel I've played any good games and it's not fun but to be honest the cards ain't been there and when I've had the cards to play I've tried won nothing got short-stacked and lost confidence then to keep playing.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Well, after the biggest entry ever to a daily qualifier, and some shocking river cards (Lomb I got VC'd with trip 6's too. Must be something about them), we see two of the big guns haven't qualified. Won't be a WF without em. Come back fighting guys. So without further ado, here is the table:

Rank SUN 2pm Sun 8pm TOTAL Ahead of 11 Behind 10 Qualified?
1 nufc40 31144 250 323 31717 2911 Q
2 theDotster 30872 5 303 31180 2374 Q
3 babyshamble 30223 280 305 30808 2002 Q
4 daveo580814 29860 285 300 30445 1639 Q
5 SpurMan 29888 248 292 30428 1622 Q
6 hulagirl 29602 262 293 30157 1351 Q
7 lombardo 29706 23 298 30027 1221
8 PokerBarney 29343 289 245 29877 1071 Q
9 chess 29169 70 140 29379 573 Q
10 ronay 28803 232 242 29277 471 Q
11 Runadrum 28594 41 171 28806 -471 Q
12 morlspin1 28116 222 321 28659 -618 Q
13 repoman7166 28299 236 75 28610 -667 Q
14 Mivi 27904 298 304 28506 -771 Q
15 soulmaster 27280 261 147 27688 -1589 Q
16 moFace 26683 10 288 26981 -2296 Q
17 Galronix 26562 265 2 26829 -2448 Q
18 Pigsmire 25981 238 316 26535 -2742 Q
19 The Teaser 25513 82 332 25927 -3350 Q
20 sly snake 25185 293 32 25510 -3767 Q
21 richygriff 24892 68 161 25121 -4156 Q
22 All-in Jim 24769 172 246 25187 -4090 Q
23 stimo 24635 205 295 25135 -4142 Q
24 arthurgee 24485 272 152 24909 -4368 Q
25 robsilver 24274 247 308 24829 -4555 Q
26 crazee H 24401 185 136 24722 -4448 Q
27 1bikerbabe 24263 200 7 24470 -4807 Q
28 Sparky_01 23525 204 252 23981 -5296
29 CovDemon 23639 76 233 23948 -5329
30 Robbiemorl 23698 4 113 23815 -5462

Runa - not sure that's really fair just singling me out, I'm not the only one who slows it down when short stacked and tonight to be honest I just wanted off the table I was on. To play with someone who did just call every hand which basically as he had position on the discons meant he topped up regardless of hands I just didn't feel I could play unless some good cards came which they didn't seem to do. Yeah this weekend I don't feel I've played any good games and it's not fun but to be honest the cards ain't been there and when I've had the cards to play I've tried won nothing got short-stacked and lost confidence then to keep playing.
I know you are right ron, but due to our respective league positions it is your table I keep an eye on ! You may not have had at the very start, I forget, but in a while you had the best seat at the table with all the discons to your immediate left. The problem then is that people will flat call to discon blinds having already established you are playing ultra cautious and are unlikely to join in. Everyone has to play it their own way and at the moment the slow players (and I don't mean everybody, although either way I'm digging a bigger hole !) are either ahead of me and getting away or about to overtake me if I don't watch it :notworthy

I know you are right ron, but due to our respective league positions it is your table I keep an eye on ! You may not have had at the very start, I forget, but in a while you had the best seat at the table with all the discons to your immediate left. The problem then is that people will flat call to discon blinds having already established you are playing ultra cautious and are unlikely to join in. Everyone has to play it their own way and at the moment the slow players (and I don't mean everybody, although either way I'm digging a bigger hole !) are either ahead of me and getting away or about to overtake me if I don't watch it :notworthy
I understand what your saying run, but this isnt the fault of any player, its the stupid way VC have organised this tournament, Poker dosent come into it now, its how long u can last

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Agreed. Those who can play more and slowplay because they have lots of free time can gain more points, it's nothing to do with poker. At least VC have almost agreed that their scoring system is bad and that next year it will be different. I've had a few good games this week where I feel I played well. Daveo is storming up the charts though! Well done him :) They should invite the top 20 as a "goodwill gesture". Then buy us all a beer. And give us free hotels.. and strippers.. and so on :)

I know what you mean Runa - but I guess it's a fault of the way I play that allows that to happen. I tend to like to observe the table when I first start and get a read on how people play. Unless I get a nice PP although lately that has been tripping me up. And like you say they then think I'm too cautious and know they can probably push me off a pot. But tonight because I didn't know what he was playing with from one point to the next I just did not know what to do. If I'd had anything worth playing I would have tried and been confident enough to bet to the river but there was not one hand I folded tonight that I regretted. (which I have to admit this afternoon I did but not because I was being cautious just one of those hands that always seems to get me in trouble) I have to admit at the moment I am struggling with how to get started in these games, think it's just gone on too long.

I understand what your saying run, but this isnt the fault of any player, its the stupid way VC have organised this tournament, Poker dosent come into it now, its how long u can last
Which I also understand and if I had any sense I'd have been doing the same - or a bit more effectively anyway :rollin My objection if any, as per my post several pages ago, was the glorification of it or to not understand when people not concerned by the leaderboard who are trying to play poker get upset. As I need to make up ground not just maintain my position I shall be the guy calling / raising more hands than I have been. Which will probably be good news for the current top 10 ! :lol

I know what you mean Runa - but I guess it's a fault of the way I play that allows that to happen. I tend to like to observe the table when I first start and get a read on how people play. Unless I get a nice PP although lately that has been tripping me up. And like you say they then think I'm too cautious and know they can probably push me off a pot. But tonight because I didn't know what he was playing with from one point to the next I just did not know what to do. If I'd had anything worth playing I would have tried and been confident enough to bet to the river but there was not one hand I folded tonight that I regretted. (which I have to admit this afternoon I did but not because I was being cautious just one of those hands that always seems to get me in trouble) I have to admit at the moment I am struggling with how to get started in these games, think it's just gone on too long.
Nothing personal, ronay, honest. You clearly did not get into the position where you could get into the top 10, and now defend it, by slow playing for 3 months. You got there by right, by playing poker and playing well and your reward will be for that, not just for the last couple of weeks. :ok

Nothing personal, ronay, honest. You clearly did not get into the position where you could get into the top 10, and now defend it, by slow playing for 3 months. You got there by right, by playing poker and playing well and your reward will be for that, not just for the last couple of weeks. :ok
Cheers, Let's hope we all get a reward for it. I'd like to think that I won't have too many more games like this weekend to be honest. It does nothing for me slow-playing and just waiting for a table to close. 8pm I was wanting to play poker 'cos the afternoon game had been frustrating not by people but lack of cards, 8.10pm I just wanted the table to close 'cos I was frustrated again. Blimey, I need to get myself out of the doldrums.

Blimey, I need to get myself out of the doldrums.
Just be glad myself when the last 27 games have been played. Anyone up for a trip to the Gutshot the Saturday or Sunday after this thing finishes? (those that are near London that is)

I've had a few good games this week where I feel I played well. Daveo is storming up the charts though! Well done him :) They should invite the top 20 as a "goodwill gesture". Then buy us all a beer. And give us free hotels.. and strippers.. and so on :)
Thanks for that Barney, after missing friday and saturday nights games I managed a whopping 585 points yesterday:nana :nana and to top off a good day I went to my local pub, bought a ticket for open-the-box, and pocketed the sum of £1010 for my trouble! Woohoo:cow :rollin :cow ps forget the poker, just bring on the stippers :D :tongue2 ;)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Nice one Daveo. There was some huge scores all round yesterday ....

Points Sunday

nufc40

theDotster

babyshamble

daveo580814

SpurMan

hulagirl

lombardo

PokerBarney

chess

ronay

Runadrum

morlspin1

repoman7166

Mivi

soulmaster

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Very nice Mivi, topped the 600 mark! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy By the end of the comp we'll be topping the 1800 mark at the rate its still increasing! I thought people would start dropping out about now, but its still going up! Come on vc, end it now?!?!:hope

Very nice Mivi, topped the 600 mark! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy By the end of the comp we'll be topping the 1800 mark at the rate its still increasing! I thought people would start dropping out about now, but its still going up! Come on vc, end it now?!?!:hope
Fat chance of it ending now. Only two weeks to go though:D Can then get back to playing some proper poker:nana :nana which I think we are all agreed this is not. Still, I'll settle for 540 points in a day. Nice one Mivi. No mean feat that:clap :clap

maydo spur what date is it?
There is a £5 rebuy on the 25th at 2 (I ain't going anywhere near the £100 tourney in the evening!), or a couple of freezeouts on the 26th (one £20 at 2, one £30 at 8, though I think the 2pm sounds better on a Sunday)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi Spurman I've played in the £100 Saturday evening thing at the Gutshot (entry fee was a birthday present) and I've gotta say it wasn't all that tough. Lot's of good players there admittedly (with stories of big online wins and qualifications for events etc.) but not so frightening as I thought it would be. I usually play

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Howdy Daveo It has indeed arrived (though it's still in the box as I am moving house soon). It's not bad actually. The folks at VC were surprisingly helpful - I got to pick my own TV up to £1000. So I spent about 3 days researching Plasma / LCD forums (those guys are strangely obsessed - not at all like us Poker forum types!) and TV reviews. Finally went for a 37" Sharp LCD number. Not 42" unfortunately, but still far too big for my front room! It was on sale with Amazon at 999.99 so I got as close as I could to the grand! Looks pretty nice in its box I must say! HBWonderful