VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

out 49th after playing 7 hands in 80 mins! me sly and spur shamed the bullies
Reckon I beat you on least hands played there Morl - probably only 5 hands played if that! Only person bullying me for the first 1 and 1/4 hours was dealer.. hehe thank goodness I put some music on & just switched off my brain and remained patient. Actually won(well split 3 ways) my first hand on my blind when was down to 800 odd. AJ actually gave me a straight for once. Then all-in with 88, JJ & A8 actually worked no flushes or straights killing my sets. Luck ran out with KQ but what the heck was worth being there to Mivi's amazing comeback. Good one Mivi :ok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Re: Sorting out the leaderboard for next year: OK had a chance to do some analysis, (Thanks to Run for the info), and my Idea seems to bear some further scrutiny, so here it is. Rather than trying to get all the points you can, meaning you have to play all the games, and creating loads of dcons, I think it might be better done on taking the best 100 games anyone plays, and the lowest score therefore winning. Winner would get a zero, 100th would get 99, everyone above 100th would score 100. Everyone would start from 10000 (100 x 100), and 100s would be replaced every game where the finish was better than a 100, until 100 finishes were better, when the next highest would then go. This would mean no damage if you finish 101st or 301st, which is so soul destroying at the moment. It would also mean a drastic lessening of dcons. No one would bother if they knew the likelihood of them bettering a spot was so negligible. It rewards the players with punishing them unduly when they get beaten by a numpty calling with rags. Also, it means people coming in late still have a chance to qualify through the board, whereas after a few weeks, the chances a almost zero, when the leaders have a head start of 2 or 3k. Below is the top 20 (with their low points tally from Runs database. I know he'll like it as he is 1st!! Tallies are best 70 from 85: 1 Runadrum 2559 2 theDotster 2928 3 Chess 3055 4 SpurMan 3238 5 Ronay 3262 6 Daveo580814 3330 7 Mivi 3435 8 Morlspin1 3555 9 moFace 3667 10 lombardo 3668 11 hulagirl 3707 12 Galronix 3709 13 Repoman7166 3727 14 PokerBarney 3753 15 babyshamble 3814 16 nufc40 3958 17 soulmaster 4053 18 The Teaser 4091 19 Pigsmire 4200 20 stimo 4373 If the best 100 were taken, and you were restricted to playing on say 175 or so, I think this could be a lot fairer. As you may note, still rewards the good players, plus gives them their lives back to a greater degree!!! Any Thoughts?

Ronay think we beat you' date=' We had only 32 hands dealt in 55 mins!!![/quote'] Probably did, just checked we had played about 56 by then, I didn't slow the game down too much just had naff all and barely played till my last 10 mins.. was worth the wait tho' never had a short spell quite like it. Like the leaderboard idea - (though VC need to start head hunting Run to keep track of it me reckons) Definately like where it puts me :clap :clap :clap

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi Spur. First thought is that it is perhaps too complicated (almost no chance of me keeping tabs on it if brought in !) and perhaps don't like the idea of someone joining in at half way and beating me if I have been in from the start. I still end up playing them all unless 100 top 10 finishes early doors 'cos I'm scared the johnny-come-latelys could catch me if I walk away ! Only give points to the top 27 qualifiers and the discon problem goes away - or disconnect them for real if still absent after 10 minutes. And have the top 5 in each weekly final qualify for the live final so the whole thing can then be finished with several weeks sooner ! Today's top 40 in the absence of the real thing from Maxim ...... (leaderboard deleted)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Re my leaderboard ......... Does anyone see it with the numbers all running together rather than nice straight columns as it should be ? It doesn't read properly on Pocket Lady's PC and I just wondered if anyone else has the same problem ? (on the previous 2 or 3 the numbers will actually overlay each other if you are seeing the same error). This thread is long enough already so comment only required if you are seeing the faulty version. Thanks :ok

Re my leaderboard ......... Does anyone see it with the numbers all running together rather than nice straight columns as it should be ? It doesn't read properly on Pocket Lady's PC and I just wondered if anyone else has the same problem ? (on the previous 2 or 3 the numbers will actually overlay each other if you are seeing the same error). This thread is long enough already so comment only required if you are seeing the faulty version. Thanks :ok
Spur goes into techy mode: Depends on the browser. Fine in IE, but doesn't work in Firefox (my own browser of choice). Sommat to do with the way the formatting is handled. It's a swine to get any web page to look fine on all browsers without writing a detection routine and then do specific versions of pages for each. IE is not my choice, but it does port the formatting from Excel OK, and to excel if you need to. Pocket Lady, though it pains me to say it, try looking at it in IE if you are not. Should read fine then.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 AAAAARRRRRRGGGHhhhhh. Steer well clear of Precious1. Me: QQ, raise 4x Flop: 865 I bet 320. He calls, instantly. Turn: 3, makes 3 spades. I check, he bets 320, I call. River: K I check, he bets 1200, I call. He's got 42 for a straight. The next two hands he proceeds to river a flukey four card flush with junk on the river, and a rivered full house with junk to take out another player. I'm stranded with

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 It's a good job I have a healty point lead at the top of the leaderboard, as during a break at work I just checked the game result, hoping I did OK as a disconnect. But I was 190th out of 227, giving me 38 points. :cry If that wasn't bad enough on it's own, it now looks like more and more of the top 20 are playing the 2pm weekday games, and getting high results too. S'not fair... :sad Ban the 2pm games!!! :lol

It's a good job I have a healty point lead at the top of the leaderboard, as during a break at work I just checked the game result, hoping I did OK as a disconnect. But I was 190th out of 227, giving me 38 points. :cry If that wasn't bad enough on it's own, it now looks like more and more of the top 20 are playing the 2pm weekday games, and getting high results too. S'not fair... :sad Ban the 2pm games!!! :lol
I'm with nufc on this one! The 2pm games make no sense whatsoever to me. The majority of people will be working and for those who are lucky enough to either be able to play at work (for which I am one occassionally) or for what ever reason don't actually work, the game is already in their favour. They get to chip steal from a large amount of discos which then puts them in a healthy position and they can then slow play it to their hearts content. I'm not having a go at those people that do it as that is exactly what I would do, and indeed have done. I just feel the 2pm game is a total waste of time! The majority of people will be able to play the 8pm game, reducing the number of discos and in turn the chip stealing. This would give a far better reflection of the tournament over it's life than what is going on now. I do however feel that a 2pm game at the weekends is fine. Any feedback most welcome, not that I can do anything with it mind! All we need now is some devious plan to get rid of all the idiots who call with absolutely nothing in their hand yet defy all poker laws/odds and go on to win! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Okay, rant over and I look forward to seeing you all tonight! P.S. Yes, that IS me in the pic! woo hoo!

It's a good job I have a healty point lead at the top of the leaderboard, as during a break at work I just checked the game result, hoping I did OK as a disconnect. But I was 190th out of 227, giving me 38 points. :cry If that wasn't bad enough on it's own, it now looks like more and more of the top 20 are playing the 2pm weekday games, and getting high results too. S'not fair... :sad Ban the 2pm games!!! :lol
i agree the 2pm ones suck, but sitting in 1st place and still moaning is punishable by disqualification in my book lol:ok

i agree the 2pm ones suck' date=' but sitting in 1st place and still moaning is punishable by disqualification in my book lol:ok[/quote'] Totally agree about the 2pms. If I wanna play on a weekday at 2, costs me half a days leave!! nu, moaning while in first is an offence punishable by a 25000 point fine, putting you on minus 688 before todays game. Enjoy playing catchup!!:tongue2 BTW, Lomb, Sloooooowwwww pllllaaaaaay isss thhhheeee annsssweerrrr tooooo thhheee bullllliiiieesss. Hopefully me, you sly and morl will end up on the same table tonight and we can show you how it's done. Morl and sly are the masters!. Gave me a masterclass in it last night!!

Totally agree about the 2pms. If I wanna play on a weekday at 2, costs me half a days leave!! nu, moaning while in first is an offence punishable by a 25000 point fine, putting you on minus 688 before todays game. Enjoy playing catchup!!:tongue2 BTW, Lomb, Sloooooowwwww pllllaaaaaay isss thhhheeee annsssweerrrr tooooo thhheee bullllliiiieesss. Hopefully me, you sly and morl will end up on the same table tonight and we can show you how it's done. Morl and sly are the masters!. Gave me a masterclass in it last night!!
I have to say, i agree, me and sly mastered the slow play technique a few weeks ago when needing to qualify during the last game on the sunday night, played just 10 hands on my blinds all night and finished 19th!:nana Nothing will pee you off more when you have 20k vs players with 2k is only being able to play 1 hand every 3 mins! if i do badly tonight, dont blame me for slow play, its VC fault for addicting me to the league!

Completely agree can't do everlasting damage on a Tuesday afternoon, although of the current top 50 only 8 were missing today. Of those in places 51-100 on my book, 28 were missing today - says a lot about dedication and points chasing ! We all have bad games on here and all still will before the end. All still to play for and part of me must be enjoying the chase and the mutual support or I'd have been out of here a long time ago. Hope that goes for most of us. :ok
dont worry runadrum im here till the end,may not play every game but i bet i'll play a fair few and i'll be supporting you all till the last.if i dont ,i'll just get morlspin nagging me, and trust me i dont want that.