GaF? On The Telly!

brael

After a technical hitch uploading, I've finally got the first 11 minutes (whoopee...) of GaF?'s appearance at the 888.com UK Poker Open done. It can be downloaded (hopefully!) by clicking this link... http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=8f7f394045dfc323bb32a53d The file is 112Mb in size. I think I've kept the quality too high but I'd be interested in opinions. It's encoded to MPEG1 (VCD) format. I'll get cracking on the rest. The upload time is going to be the killer on this rather than the encoding!! :loon

Re: GaF? On The Telly! Click on the link... it starts a countdown then says 'click here to continue to download'. An ad appears and at the top it says 'click here...'... do so and it starts another page and another countdown. This time though there's a link to right click on and start the download. Complicated... only worked this out 2 minutes ago myself! :loon

Re: GaF? On The Telly! OK... it was commentary from part 1 muxed with video for part 2... dunno how many times I've made the same mistake in the past... probably gives a lot away about my poker play too! :tongue2 I've deleted part 2 from Filefactory. I'll post here when the amended file is available. Amazingly, there's been a total of 12 downloads in the space of a couple of hours! :)

Re: GaF? On The Telly!

How long is it in total?... Or how many parts are there? I'm gonna wait until they're all done and then watch them in one go. Thanks for doing this brael
I'm not sure how many parts there are as yet but I think, once the ads are removed, the whole thing runs for about 80 mins. Encoding it isn't the biggest time waster... it's getting it uploaded that's the pain in the :moon . It took 4 attempts at the 2nd part before it finally went... each one taking over 90 mins... only to find I'd put the wrong sound track in!! :wall

Re: GaF? On The Telly! Who's that impersonating GAF???? Only kidding - if I went on telly I would only allow a camera to film me from the front so my beer belly wasn't in view!!! Well done mate - what a good looking bugga you are! :loon Bit boozy - does it show? :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :beer :beer :beer

Re: GaF? On The Telly! Brael, if its not to your fancy, no prob, the way you're doing it is still great, and good of you to take the time. Just a suggestion tho, if you uploaded it as a torrent would save u a load of work, and with a few people jumped on the upload would be shared so it'd go much quicker, is dead easy to do, and would also save u having to break the whole thing up which must be pretty time consuming. Is just a case of getting a torrent client (tiny invisible prog), then find a public tracker of which there are loads. Can also resume if it breaks dead easy. I'd be happy to post links to torrent clients and public trackers for u. With a torrent client installed, u just have to post the url and anyone click on it will start uploading the info back and forth to share the burden.

Re: GaF? On The Telly!

Brael' date=' if its not to your fancy, no prob, the way you're doing it is still great, and good of you to take the time. Just a suggestion tho, if you uploaded it as a torrent would save u a load of work, and with a few people jumped on the upload would be shared so it'd go much quicker, is dead easy to do, and would also save u having to break the whole thing up which must be pretty time consuming. Is just a case of getting a torrent client (tiny invisible prog), then find a public tracker of which there are loads. Can also resume if it breaks dead easy. I'd be happy to post links to torrent clients and public trackers for u. With a torrent client installed, u just have to post the url and anyone click on it will start uploading the info back and forth to share the burden.[/quote'] go for it guesswest... this is gonna drive me nuts! :loon

Re: GaF? On The Telly! Ok dead easy. First of all get a torrent client, Azureus is the best, but if it's a one off Bittornado is the simplest and has everything you need. Go here and download it: www.bittornado.com. It'll install, but you won't see anything installed, it's a hidden program that only does anything when you click on a .torrent file. Ok now download a small prog called maketorrent, here: http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent/maketorrent/ Ok, put the video file in it's own folder, you shouldn't need to, but is just a weird bug with maketorrent that it misses some files when you browse, but always see's folders. So open maketorrent, click 'cla' to switch to classic view. Then click 'dir' to browse through and find the folder with the video in and select it. Then underneath it'll show a list of public trackers, choose any one, it doesn't matter. The hit 'make a torrent' and put it somewhere you can find it, will say here that you choose your desktop Now on your desktop you have a .torrent file, double click on it and it should start up bittornado, when bittornado asks you where you want to put the folder you're uploading/downloading, choose where it already is, and the upload will start. Of course it will show a 0kbps upload, because nobody else is on the torrent yet. Now to share it, other people have to have that .torrent file. It's a tiny file, just a few lines of code. So I don't know if you could post it here as an attachment or something. If not just stick it any public file posting type site, as soon as anyone who has a bit torrent client installed clicks on it, they'll start downloading the folder, as well as uploading to everyone else in a much faster swarming type way. Lastly, would recommend turning firewalls off for speed. You're an absolute star for trying to share this about Brael :)