Help please - Each Way treble

Hi there, I had a bet today, a £12.50 each way treble =£25. I selected 3 horses - their odds and finishing positions are here;

• 5/2 (1st)
  • 7/4 (1st)
  • 5/6 (2nd)

The thing is, the bookies have paid out £29.53, I'm guessing they're right but could u tell me how they've worked it out - i've been thinking that i'd get a lot more and am v disspaointed!!!. Thanks very much.

Re: Help please - Each Way treble Hi Lee, Yes the bookies right £29.53. You have staked two bets. 1. £12.50 on them all to win, one didn't so the bet lost. 2. £12.50 on them all to place ( the bookie pays a quarter or a fifth of the odds depending the type of race & the number of runners decides how many places he pays ) you have a place treble up. All your odds are at a fifth the place therefore to work it out do the following. 5/2, divide the 5 by 2 to change to decimal odds = 2.5 divide by 5 to find the odds to a fifth = 0.5 Now you must add 1 = 1.5 7/4, divide 7 by 4 = 1.75 divide by 5 = 0.35 add 1 = 1.35 5/6 divide 5 by 6 = 0.83333 divide by 5 = 0.16666 add 1 = 1.16666 Multiply £12.50 by 1.5, then multiply this by 1.35 & then again by 1.16666, this comes to £29.531081 which rounds off to £29.53. Hope this is clear, Rio.

Re: Help please - Each Way treble you get the place treble up only not the win bit due to the 2nd not coming in. when you do e/w its 1 side for the win 1 side for the place and thats what youve won just the place side which is usually 1/4 odds sometimes1/5 odds. you would have been better putting them 3 selections in a round robin. 3 selections 10bets. if you get all 3 in its wheelbarrow job :lol