Virgin Poker

legendkiller

Just installed my new improved Virgin Poker client and it looks remarkably similiar to your friend and mine Sporting Odds (Bossmedia salesmen must be good). It does seem quicker to load, but the thing that really did catch my eye was the 5 $1000 freerolls each night starting tomorrow just for Virgin Poker players (they start at 2030hrs, so they are not the SO raked hands freerolls) As there are only about 2500 logged onto the network - not sure how many via Virgin, but it does seem like possible value.

Re: Virgin Poker thejackclub uses the same software and I like it (deposited £20 and lifted £80 playing £1 and £2 STT's). I registered for Virgin Poker last night after I seen their advert on Poker player magazine : email [email protected] and ask for a freeroll token. 3 feeders to the final table. Prizes for the feeders are mainly Flying club miles - 40,000 - enough to fly you around the world. Top 30 places in the final all recieve something from 100,000 miles for the winner to £10 in your poker account. Decent prizes and hopefully a low turn out for the tournies.

Guest gazza271

Re: Virgin Poker to be honest mate i limped into 10th, for the last 30 mins i was gonna keep it tight anyway but did not have a single playable hand and limped it onto the final table........still as you say better than nothing and there's always tomorrow. I did think the standard of play was much better, I think i was expecting the same sort of sporting odds muppets as its same software but was pleasantly surprised. Also no disconnects or freezeouts so thats a good start.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Virgin Poker Had my confirmation through this evening for the Virgin Poker 3 match league - everyone else? If you haven't entered yet, see post 2 by ovalman for instructions. No password though :unsure header.gif

The Poker Player Freeroll is coming.

Are you ready to play?

whiteline.gif

Thanks for getting in touch about the Poker Player Freeroll. The first of the 4 tournaments kicks off on Thursday 15th December at 8.30pm If you haven't downloaded our new software can you please sign up for a Virgin Poker account now. You will be able to enter the tournament 24 hours before the tournament begins on Wednesday 14th from 8.30pm onward. To enter simply open Virgin Poker when you have downloaded the software, login and from the Lobby click on the Multi Tourney button. Finally click on the Freeroll menu option and you will see the Poker Player tournament listed from Wednesday 14th December. Make sure you enter quickly after 8.30pm on Wednesday to guarantee your seat as the tournament will be limited to 400 players. Dates for your diary - Poker Player Freeroll 1: Thursday 15th December, 8.30pm - Poker Player Freeroll 2: Tuesday 20th December, 8.30pm - Poker Player Freeroll 3: Wednesday 21th December, 8.30pm - Poker Player, The Final: Thursday 22th December, 8.30pm For a full list of the prizes check page 14 in Poker Player magazine. We'll be in touch again before Thursday 15th December with a full breakdown of what's up for grabs.

footer.gif

Re: Virgin Poker Oh my word. I don't think that Sporting odds hate me any more. I realise now that Boss Media exist to make my life hell!:wall In an attempt to persuade Virginpoker that I had sent my e-mail like a good boy I telephoned the 0800 number on their website. I then spent the next 20 or so minutes having a ridiculous conversation with an employee of Boss Media, that went like this (obviously not verbatim); Me: Hello, a while ago I sent an e-mail to you regarding a series of freerolls. BM(who at that point were answering to Virgin): I'm sorry (pauses) checking our tourney schedule there is nothing extra ordinary showing. Me: It's advertised in Poker Player magazine. BM: Ah, well. Virgin have recently changed poker clients. Me: Yes I was aware that they now run Boss Media. It's because I'm lacking confidence in BM that I'm ringing to chase this up. BM(irritated): Well in my time with the company....(then it dawns on me that I'm not talking to Virgin, but Boss)...very good etc. Me: Well....I'm sorry (as the truth dawns) the issues I have had is to do with the inability of Sporting odds to restrict a recent MTT. BM(composed): Well thats the problem. I can assure you that BM can restrict entry. So at this point we get down to business, this freeroll. BM:When did you send this e-mail, because as you know Virgin have just changed clients....and they order advertising months in advance (like they decide to change poker clients on a whim, I thought!). Me: I sent it to [email protected], as requested. BM:Ah well you should have sent it to the magazine. WHAT THE F....er, I mean blazes.:$ Spent the 10 minutes or so explaining that Virgin were initiating the promotion, that Virgin were giving the prizes and that Virgin had done this after deciding to move to BM as the screenshot shows a BM table. Her answer: E-mail the magazine. She has no knowledge of this promotion so I must be mistaken. It makes me :puke