Betfair CITY A.M. Trading Aces Challenge freerolls

stonecoldnuts

Here 5 days of freerolls next week for your diaries! http://www2.betfairpoker.com/cityam/index.html?rfr=627 The CITY A.M. Trading Aces Challenge is a series of five free poker tournaments where you can take on CITY A.M. celebrity columnists including Sam Torrance and Trevor Steven. With £2,000 to win over the series, it could also prove an extremely profitable financial move for you. It's completely free to download the software and enter the tournaments, then if you can prove your poker prowess, you could also walk off with the £300 top prize in any of the freerolls (or even all of them!). Second place will win £100 and there will be poker merchandise to win if you don't quite make it to those dizzy heights (3-15 receive the highly acclaimed Poker book, Super System 2). On top of that, at least one celebrity columnist will be playing in each freeroll - knock them out and win £50! It's a great opportunity to get involved in the online game that everybody is talking about without risking any money. Betfair Poker is also offering a great sign up incentive where you can earn both £50 cash back.

Dates for your diaries

Monday 21

st November at 8:45pm Tuesday 22nd November at 8:45pm Wednesday 23rd November at 8:45pm Thursday 24th November at 8:45pm Friday 25th November at 8:45pm

You can register for the tournaments in the Betfair Poker Lobby from 7am onwards on the day of each tournament. Go to MTT section of the lobby and then to the freeroll area. You will need to go to the “Get Involved†section to find out the passwords for the tournaments as they are private to readers of CityAM only. Passwords: Monday: travel Tuesday: health Wednesday: motoring Thursday: property Friday: gadgets

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair CITY A.M. Trading Aces Challenge freerolls Nice one StoneCold :ok :ok Although the passwords are in this thread, I strongly urge anyone interested goes and registers - just to make sure you are eligible. There are only 2 fields to fill in (Name and Betfair Alias) - it couldnt be easier. Do it here - http://www2.betfairpoker.com/cityam/getinvolved.html

Guest gazza271

Re: Betfair CITY A.M. Trading Aces Challenge freerolls

Don't forget to register for this one pronto folks! :ok There's only 400 places available... only 15 registered at the mo but that could change quickly! :cheers :cheers

Guest gazza271

And I went out in 8th I think so we've both got one! :nana Two final freeroll tables in one night for me. I've gone dizzy! :puke
Did'nt say anything at end tho, just said you have finnished in 9th.......:unsure

Re: Betfair CITY A.M. Trading Aces Challenge freerolls Played like a pro 2damm - just think theres 4 more of these to go ... must send a thankyou note to the Editor :ok for arranging such a super tourney. I'm gonna give my (extra) copy of SuperSystem II to my brother for his birthday. If I do as well in the rest of them then most of my brothers will get a copy. Suspect there will be more entrants as the touney progresses. Can they only get rid of Super System II by giving it away :rollin

Can they only get rid of Super System II by giving it away :rollin
Have you read it? I'm not impressed. It's philossify is something like "If you have the chance of runner runner cards to win the hand then raise aggressively (and even all-in)" - I could never aspire to play like that........I'll see if I can dig out some quotes later ........ completely different to the philossifies advocated in "Harrington on Hold'em" which seems a far better approach. Anyway - that's off topic - the real business in this thread - 2damn - your PB is just going up - you're straight into 13th......... :clap :clap

Re: Betfair CITY A.M. Trading Aces Challenge freerolls Hi GAF, yep I skimmed through Super System II it and whilst there was some entertainment value in the reminiscences (must use a spell checker someday) of big pots in big games, I thought it wasn't of much relevence to the sort of poker most of us play. In face to face games for thousands upon thousands of dollars per hand then sure an aggressive, watch the body language, ignore the odds. and bluff/bully like crazy style of play has its merits (a few) - but in games where all you are risking is a few dollars (or nothing if its a freeroll) then it at best only starts to apply when you get down to the final few (or when you are getting low stacked and need a miracle). We've all been in tournaments where theres a crazy guy going all-in with rubbish on the first few hands (which can actually be a valid tactic in freerolls provided once you get a decent stack you start to play normally ) - generally they never prosper - maybe they've been paying too much attention to SS II. :D IMHO theres much better advice available on the net and in other books than in SS II for the average to above average online player - most of the people on PL are above average, partly I'm sure because they take the time to participate in PL and discuss their game. p.s. I'm a big fan of muppets :clap and never disparage their occasional piece of luck (it keeps their belief system going :rollin ) - over the long term they are money in the bank. :cow