** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

** Poker Monday 7th November **

GaF

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Logged in at 7:20 and it was full with 48 min to go. Not sure many uk got in on this. Noticed that you get a nice bonus if you get a royal within 10 hands of the "magic" hand. GAF, can you arrange a punterslounge freeroll for this amount sometime? Please? I think the 3 Billionth will be tonight about 11ish. Will be watching with interest.

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Guesswest, Ok - how does the MTT league work? You have your finishing position from each dollar up. The average (mean) finishing position is calculated on your best 4 results - the winner is the person with the lowest average finishing position. Quite simple really? For any events you don't play in, then you are "awarded" last place - hopefully not significant for the "Wooden Spoon" given that 5 worst results can be dropped. Any registered PL members who play at least one of the Dollar Up game in November are included in the league table. Any questions?

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Cheers for answering :) Don't mean to be picky, but just one issue I see with that system. Which is that averages can be majorly skewed by the amount of entrants. So say you came 90 of 90 or 130 of 130, still the same performance really but the latter puts a huge dent in average. Can I suggest maybe taking the lowest turnout field as a cap? So say the lowest turnout over all 9 events was 85, if someone came 130th then for that 130th they'd get an 85th for ranking? Just an idea, your show ;)

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Cheers for the input Guesswest :ok I would argue that someone who finishes 85th out of 130 players does better than someone who finishes 125th out of 130 and deserves that "reward" for outperforming the person who finishes lower? TBH, numbers have been constant enough that it hasn't been an issue previously ..... and another danger with a cap is that you could have half a dozen "winners" of the wooden spoon .... we need to make sure there is something to differentiate everyone ....... What I'll do, is leave it as it is for the tourney that is underway - but we'll watch it and see if it is an issue, with a view to changing the next MTT tourney if it is (my gut feel, and from the experience of previous months is that it won't be an issue)

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Fair enough :) Certainly agree the guy who finishes 85/130 doing better than the 85/85 guy, kinda the same thing the other way around in that he'd be scored as having done the same. I'm also thinking of the ridiculous hypothetical example of the guy who finishes 1st in 3 of them and can't make the 4th and gets an average of like 32nd :D In any event, will defer to your experience in trusting that the system works out nicely in real life. Hope I manage to avoid the wooden spoon....

Guest gazza271

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** hey guys, been off line for a few days due to work commitments,Hopefully the break may have done me some good:hope See you tonight for the dollar up:nana

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** I've just qualified for the next round of 'Envy' by finishing 2nd in todays Dose of Envy. Thanks to fenners (and of course P.Lady) for your support. The final heads up was a quiet affair, as "SO Poker Boss" made an appearance - and initially asked for English only at the table. When this was ignored a chat ban was imposed. Shame it came to this, but well done SO for being pro-active. :clap:ok

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November **

The final heads up was a quiet affair, as "SO Poker Boss" made an appearance - and initially asked for English only at the table. When this was ignored a chat ban was imposed. Shame it came to this, but well done SO for being pro-active. :clap:ok
Well done Valiant - great result :clap :clap :clap And well done Sporting Odds - that is EXACTLY what we want to see - it needs to be consistent and prolonged (and applied to all tables - including cash games) - but it is the way it has to be dealt with :clap :clap :clap

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Thanks guys:ok The chat ban was imposed on foreign nationals of course. The unfortunate thing was the guy who came 1st was by no means the worst offender, although he still answered in Hungarian. The problem I have is there seems to be only 1 'good' game in me per week, although it is generally a Monday when I'm ker nackered, I've used this weeks already, so I'll just pay my dollar then sitout tonight. :lol;)

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Quote:I'm also thinking of the ridiculous hypothetical example of the guy who finishes 1st in 3 of them and can't make the 4th and gets an average of like 32nd happy.gif In my opinion, that's the beauty of the monthly tournament. It puts pressure on us all to try and make every single game for that month!!! It means more poker, more bonding and more fun, surely that can't be a bad thing!!! :D DC ps see you all in there later.... I'll have my Hungarian dictionary handy...

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Well done, Valiant! clap.gif

The problem I have is there seems to be only 1 'good' game in me per week, although it is generally a Monday when I'm ker nackered, I've used this weeks already, so I'll just pay my dollar then sitout tonight.
Well, I seem to have about three 'reasonably adequate' games in me per week. I'd gladly swap them for one 'good' game!

I see csonter is down to a new 1 account. its Csonter5
:@ :@ :@ Defeats the object of a ban really if he just reregisters!!!! Where do you see him? (I sense another email to SO coming on!!!!) He's not in Dollar Up (though some of the other players I reported earlier are!!!)

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Markus: Hello Telepe, my name is Markus, How may i help you? Telepe: Hello. A player, Csonter, was banned yesterday (on 3 id's) after being caught cheating ...... I notice a new player (from the same town) - Csonter5 - currently playing in the Safety Net - he has just reregistered - are you able to deal with him? Markus: I will send his account details to our fraud and security department. Thank you for telling us. Telepe: But in the meantime nothing can be done about the tournament he is playing in? Markus: i will look into it right away, but we can not lock a customer before it has been investigated Telepe: Ok - it was investigated yesterday ........ I will leave it with you...... thankyou. Markus: I have spoken to a supervisor and we will kick him out of the poker room

He's sitting out now ... presumably involuntarily.
Yes - which unfortunately means he'll probably get in the money - although he won't get it, it will deprive someone else ...... still I'm pleased they acted..... Problem is, I'm sure he'll just reregister again - and if he's any sense, he'll call himself something other than Csonter .........

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** This is what I'm sending every time I come across anything; Hello, My username is Valiant23pl nickname Higgs23pl. Playing in todays Safety Net which started at 1900hrs. I would like to report the following players for using non-english chat; Pancilla from Pomaz Fizimiska1 from - smizsa2 from Fuzesgyarmat Thank you for the action taken in this matter

Re: ** Poker Monday 7th November ** Seems i missed all the excitement with this one. If people start pissing me off and use a foreign language, i usually start my own conversation with some of the other players that i have seen speaking English GAF - Flub a lublub luu li lub a lub? It's amazing how many people join in. Almost forgot - I think the final partypoker freeroll will be between 1/2am I'm not going to be in it if you were wondering