Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct To whoever it concerns just read that Rafael Nadal is a doubt to play 2moro and as he has tendinitis in his knee a problem he has suffered with lately may be forced too pull out of the Madrid Masters, which is great news for me as I have backed Roddick on betfair at 6.2 with a view to lay. Joe Mavis

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct HAAS v Hrbaty @ 2.00 Tote Think Haas should be a bit of a favourite for this one. H2H is 6-3 to Haas, Hrbaty has won the last two, but I still think it is advantageous. Feel Hrbaty is thinking about the Davis Cup final coming up and no one can blame him for that. He had a very poor loss last week to Saulnier and hopefully another early exit this week. I thought Haas was hitting the ball well last week but ran into Ljubicic early on. He has already had a match here this week which is always a help and he took care of Pavel well enough. Go Tommy!

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct HENMAN v Stepanek @ 1.83 Tote Before last week Henman led this H2H 4-0 which shows he clearly has Stepaneks number. Last week was his first tournament for a while and he was clearly rusty. Still managed to win the first set against Stepanek beofre collapsing. Against Dent in the first round I thought he looked a lot shaper tha he has for quite a while and I can see him having a decent week. Should have too much for Steppy.

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct :rollin @ Mr I! Can't believe the nonsense that Madrid threw up yesterday - and I thought Real Madrid were the only bunch of tossers who could spring any sort of an upset as big as that from the Spanish capital. Well, let's see how today goes... 30pts LAY Acasuso to beat Gaudio (2.48 @ Betfair) Acasuso has no business to be here and I remain convinced Youzhny threw it away more than Acasuso winning it. Up against fellow compatriot Gaudio, Acasuso will have his work cut out as there really wouldn't be much of a surprise element IMO considering the pair have played each other 6 times(all on clay incidentally) in which Gaudio has won 4 out of the last 5(and 3 of the 4 played in 2004-2005). Gaudio's game is just far more solid and less prone to making unforced errors which I feel could prove decisive in bringing about the demise of Acasuso. That said, it wouldn't surprise me that much should Acasuso go on to win this 6-0, 6-0 now given the day I had yesterday... :wall Cheers & Good Luck(to whoever bothers to follow the jinxed bet)! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 52.90pts Profit/Loss : -47.10pts

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct Starting bank : 100 points Profit/Loss: -20.08 points. Current bank: 79.92 points. Whoops, too late to back Haas today. Youzhny retired so only 20 points down yesterday. Today Roddick v Karlovic Over 23.5 games 1.80 Globet More tie breaks today I think, so value with this. The spread estimate is 26-27 so I think Globet are a bit low here. 20 points Moya to bt Robredo 1.80 Coral Talk of this being Moya's final season may give a clue to him wanting to show the Madrid crowd some good performances as a send off. Difficult to gauge his commitment sometimes, but fancy him to edge this all Spanish affair. 20 points

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct MIRNYI v Puerta @ 1.37 Centrebet Most of this play is based on being impressed with Mirnyi yesterday. His serve appreared to be working quite a bit better than it has been lately. Puerta has done surprisely well indoors lately but since the drug issue (:unsure) came up a couple of weeks ago he has obviously been unsettled. With Max having already had a match on these courts and conditions I can't see Puerta being able to cope.

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct Mr I. For some reason every time I go to place a bet on the above match I'm immediately drawn to Puerta. Mirnyi had a great result against Ferrero and his serve did look much better. I'm not sure it'll continue and I just think Puerta's return of serve and back court game will nick it for him. Ah sod it, gut feeling..... I'm on Puerta @ 9/4 (unless you can convince me otherwise)!!!

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct Mr.I I would be happy just to be break-even... Its unbelievable at the moment. I have the feeling that E V E R Y bloody match can go both ways - it doesn´t matter who is playing. Unfortunately they do go in every direction. Atm it seems that this tournament is kind of flipping a coin with dreadful odds! Simply: :puke

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct

I know Steway. I don't think anyone posting on this thread is up (please correct me if I am wrong). I think it's the model ballgirls - bloody whores:loon.
:rollin :rollin Tea went through my nose. :$ Shouldnt be laughing, when you are losing money, but indeed very bad tournament betting wise.

Well I was thinking about backing Moya. Has anybody an opinion? I think he will loose because I am on his side ;-(
Not saying anything:lol The whores are on the court so: LAY Roddick v Karlovic @ 1.4 Betfair We all know how this match will go. Chance Roddick is a bit rusty. Hopefully he will be a bit distracted. COME ON IVO!!:D

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct Mr I. Agree with you on the Davydenko shout. He should have too much pace for Ginepri. Got a strong fancy for Nalbandian this morning. Played some excellent stuff v Melzer on Wednesday and listening to interviews he's obviously very happy with his game and sound like he's full of confidence. Johansson playing reasonable well also but got to back Nalbandian as I'm on him e/w for the title as well!!! After picking up some cash on Puerta yesterday I feel the need to back him again. Same reasons as against Mirnyi, every time I look at the game I'm immediately drawn him. Could go either way but going with gut feeling again! Probably go for two of that three so opinions more than welcome.

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct Gone for an early even money double. Nalbandian should take care of Johansson as said above. Acasuso had a good win against Gaudio in the last round but more down to Gaudio being poor rether than Acasuso being any good. Stepanek really shouldn't have any problems here. NALBANDIAN/STEPANEK double at just over EVS.

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct Starting bank: 100 pts Profit/Loss: - 24.08 pts Current bank: 75.92 pts. Karlovic/Roddick went as expected but Moya lost. Today, have to fancy Nalbandian. TJ had a surprise loss to Srichaphan in his home tourney on hard last week. Bandy runner up here last year and looks to be playing well. 8/11 is an acceptable price. 33 points. Karlovic v Hrbaty Over 25 games 1.85 unibet Using the same principle as previously, 2 tie breaks may be the result here. Hrbaty not exactly a server in the mould of Roddick and Rusedski, but Karlovic is simply poor returning. 15 points Puerta v Ferrer 5/4 Bet Direct Ferrer started well against Calleri but was there for the taking when Calleri got his groundstrokes going. Puerta has heavier groundstrokes than Calleri so should give Ferrer even more problems. If Puerta is on his game, he is the superior player on hard surfaces. Worth a pop. 12 points.

What about those line judges wearing those Flat caps. Guys it's a tennis tournament not a fcuking fashion show!
Maybe the caps get in their eyes, as it looked like there were some shocking line calls last night. I was there and didn't have the clearest of views (about 20 rows back, in the corner), but it looked like Roddick had some terrible calls go against him. Was anyone watching on TV? Was Roddick right with the points he was appealing to the umpire on, because from where I was sitting it looked like he was right with most of them? Then in the Moya - Robredo game the umpire decided to take things into his own hands, several times he called serves out when the line judges hadn't said anything. Felt quite sorry for the model ballgirls too, some of them looked terrified when they were in the firing line for the serve :lol

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct Moya lost! SO everybody! You could respect me as a safe contra indicator! When I expect sb to win, back his opponent and you will win :rollin It´s that easy! Well, today I was thinking of backing Ginepri and Hrbaty. You know what to do!;)

Re: Masters Series Madrid - starts 17th Oct CORIA V Gonzalez @ 1.8 Betfair I would normally say that Gonzalez will blast Coria off the court but look at the H2H.

individualmatches_yeartournamentcityetc.gif
2005 ATP Masters Series Rome, Clay, R64 Italy Clay R64 Coria 7 6 5 7 6 4
2004 Miami AMS, Hard, S FL, U.S.A. Hard S Coria 4 6 7 6 6 1
2002 Washington, Hard, R32 DC, U.S.A. Hard R32 Coria 6 4 7 6
2001 Bogota, Clay, R16 Colombia Clay R16 Coria 6 0 6 3
2001 Australian Open, Hard, R128 Australia Hard R128 Coria 4 6 7 6 6 4 6 4
Coria leads 5-0 and the main thing in that whenever it gets tight (like in Rome this year) Coria is able to come through. I think this sort of thing will affect Gonzalez and can't see him getting the better of Coria tonight. Sometimes you have to question Corias motivation but he's needs the points to get to Shanghai and looked up for it in the first round as he did a few weeks ago in Beijing.