** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

European Tour ‘24

12 minutes ago, Fader said:

European Tour - Event 4 (Grand Prix)

I'm sticking with the guys I had last week as they didn't do too much wrong, especially Pietreczko. Ross Smith should have beat Price, too. Dobey is on the brink of another win, I'm sure. I'll also throw in Bunting. 

1pt e/w Dobey 33/1 Bet365
1pt e/w R.Smith 40/1 Bet365
---------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Bunting 40/1 Coral
0.5pts e/w Pietreczko 125/1 Paddypower

Following you in on Dobey & Smith.

Makes sense to go heavy in the top half of the draw with your picks with how its shaped up.

43 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

I went with Dobey and Smith too, I just hope Ross doesn't choke this time, LOL.

I'll also follow you on Pietreczko, he has a dangerous "A game".

It's funny how their prices skyrocketed because of Littler (and MVG).

yeah, I'm loving Pie's price.

37 minutes ago, Trimble89 said:

Following you in on Dobey & Smith.

Makes sense to go heavy in the top half of the draw with your picks with how its shaped up.

Yeah, i was thinking Anderson in the bottom half but there is alot of good players down there so I'll just try Bunting for interest. Top half is the place to be.

3 minutes ago, Fader said:

how on earth does Clayton beat Dobey there? 4 match darts missed and 4 100+ checkouts from Clayton. Ugh!

Yeah, I watched it... Clayton hit some amazing checkouts, and still, Dobey should have won it at 5-5, 4 match darts missed there...

5th event tomorrow. I'm going with these 5. Thought about Rob Cross but his price is too skinny. 

3pts e/w Bunting 22/1 Paddypower
2pts e/w R.Smith 28/1 Paddypower
--------------------------------------------
1pt e/w Rock 33/1 Paddypower
1pt e/w Schindler 40/1 Paddypower
0.5pts e/w Edhouse 80/1 Willhill

14 hours ago, Fader said:

5th event tomorrow. I'm going with these 5. Thought about Rob Cross but his price is too skinny. 

3pts e/w Bunting 22/1 Paddypower
2pts e/w R.Smith 28/1 Paddypower
1pt e/w Rock 33/1 Paddypower
1pt e/w Schindler 40/1 Paddypower
0.5pts e/w Edhouse 80/1 Willhill

Sorry for the late response, but did not have the time today: I also went with Ross Smith (LOL) l, Rock and Schindler, and then I went with Joyce at 150 and Taylor at 250. Yes, it's stage and not floor, and it's foolishness, but this was my instinct somehow.

6 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Sorry for the late response, but did not have the time today: I also went with Ross Smith (LOL) l, Rock and Schindler, and then I went with Joyce at 150 and Taylor at 250. Yes, it's stage and not floor, and it's foolishness, but this was my instinct somehow.

well worth a nibble at those prices. You just never know. Many players have pulled out, too. Could be wide open

15 hours ago, ThunderDan9 said:

I'm starting to... dislike Littler... 😯

so annoying. I have no idea how I didn't even get a place in that tournament. Only time I'll like Littler is for the double I have on him winning PL and Worlds

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been busy with work so didn’t have a bet on the Players Championships this week - which was a bit annoying as I’d been backing Dolan to win on the European Tour the last few events, and he pops up and wins a Players Championship at around 150/1.

Had a look at the Baltic Sea Darts Open though, and the player that I like has already been highlighted by @Fader - and that’s Stephen Bunting. Seemed to play well enough earlier this week and has a decent looking draw. A few of the big names like Price and Smith are missing, so 25/1 would appear a fair price.

6 hours ago, daveg said:

Wow - just seen Peter Wright is available at 80/1.

He’s got a terrible draw (van Gerwen or Littler in the last 16, Humphries in the Quarters) and isn’t playing well, but 80/1 seems big.

Anyone tempted?

Not for me. He has it in him and if he was in the top draw maybe but he showed last night again that he isn’t playing well at all

I wonder if it's worth also siding with another German this weekend. So far, on the Euro Tour, we've had Events 2, 3 & 4 in Germany.

Event 2 - Schindler Semi-Final
Event 3 - Schindler wins it
Event 4 - Clemens QFs

I have Schindler but I also think Clemens or even Pietreczko at bigger odds is worth following. You know what it's like, especially with Pie, he can turn up and be in the mood. I think Pie beats Dennant and then would take on Aspinall/Clayton (probably)

Aspinall is thinking about the Premier League in my opinion & Clayton doesn't seem to do it on the Euro Tour anymore. It could be Pie v Bunting for a place in a weak-looking QF and whilst I like Bunting this week, he also finds a way to lose with wide-open draws. Pie has shown he can get it done in Germany.

0.5pts e/w Pietreczko 150/1 Paddypower

boring old Rob Cross continues to troll me hard. Beats everybody i back and does nothing when I back him myself

You always knew he'd find a way to beat Edhouse there. Mainly because of Edhouse unfortunately