De Graafschap - Den Bosch         
Den Haag - Maastricht         
FC Emmen - Cambuur         
Groningen - Helmond         
Venlo - Eindhoven FC         
Willem II - Roda

4 hours ago, Skittle said:

Ya plonker. It's supposed to be a piece of cake where we all get rich. 😁

To be fair, I thought there would have been a bit more interest but it wasn't to be. I'll put this one to bed.

Thought so myself, pity I still want to get rich 😁

5 hours ago, Skittle said:

To be fair, I thought there would have been a bit more interest but it wasn't to be. I'll put this one to bed.

I believe there were 5 of us who contributed which is probably all of the active “Glory Hunters” in the traditional sense (there are a few others at bigger prices or lesser bet frequency). I’ve got an idea for something we could try that might work, I’ll post when I get a bit of time. Busy weekend so might be a couple of days but could play into a 1st of the month start if there’s sufficient interest.

4 hours ago, harry_rag said:

I’ve got an idea for something we could try that might work, I’ll post when I get a bit of time. Busy weekend so might be a couple of days but could play into a 1st of the month start if there’s sufficient interest.

High level precis (not used that word in yonks; or that one)!

Collaborative thread where we take it in turns to post a selection with a view to (say) rolling over the starting stake till doubled up. See how we do and how much bickering there is etc. Pace will probably be fairly sensible, weekends with most scope for a few bets per day. Won't be as hectic as the "action junkie" threads but aim should ideally be quality over sheer quantity. I reckon it might be worth a go with a minimum of 3 people, see how it plays out.

Title (I watch too many repeated quiz shows on Challenge) "Bridge of Bets" or "The Weakest Bet" (latter maybe if the banking decisions are left to the person who's turn to bet it is! :unsure

...so say there's 4/5 of us inclined to give it a go, we decide the order and each take it in turn to place a bet.

First person up gets us going, 10 points staked and then posts the result and next stake,

Over to person 2 to roll over the stake and so on and so on.

I'd suggest we aim to at least double the bank and then whoever's turn it is can make a banking decision (or we could just keep it simple and say double up and go again).

I'd suggest no in-play bets and a minimum half hour ahead of start time (in case anyone wants to follow).

Sticking points could be odds approach (some might prefer the 1.01 angle, some might want to take a bit more risk) but we'd just have to accept a "different strokes" scenario. Then there's the bet frequency (let's say some of us are more selective while others of us enjoy what you might call "chain-betting" to use a smoking analogy) but, again, it is what it is and we see how it goes.

Maybe to keep some sense of momentum we could say you have 24 hours to place a bet after the other one has been settled and, if none is posted in time, the next person in the list can nick your go. (You snooze, you miss your opportunity to lose.)

Let's start with a roll call of "I'm in", "I'm out" or "maybe".

@Skittle @glennhughes @JdsGooner90 @kaiserchris85

Ok, we start Friday (start of the month) and as we stand there will be four of us. I'll start a thread in time but in the meantime here's what we go with unless anyone wants to counter beforehand (I'm not dictating the terms, just steering the ship).

• Thread title - "Your Turn, My Turn" doesn't really matter and can be changed later anyway. The title of this thread is a Grant McLennan song and I've gone with a Go-Betweens song (the band he was in). It's better than the Chuckle Brothers evoking "To me, to you". 
  • Order - I'll draw at random and post in the thread. be ready to go on Friday.
  • Odds allowed - anything from 1.01 upwards. Common sense dictates we'll be playing at long odds on.
  • Bets allowed - I'm going to say exchange only but I'm open to allowing bets with bookies if there's a consensus on that. I just think it makes it easier for us all to be on any of the bets should we so wish. Let's stick to back bets to avoid anything fiddly stakes wise.
  • No in-play bets, bets to be posted at least half an hour ahead of the off time. (So bets between innings and rounds could be allowed if they satisfy the half hour criteria)
  • Post your bet with stake and odds and update with result and new bank total (allowing for commission)
  • Next up can place a bet as soon as the previous one is settled. Ideally next bet should be posted the same or next day. if someone fails to post a bet by the end of the next day then the next person is free to take their turn. (Should ensure that we generally stick to a minimum of a bet per day)
  • Start bank £100 and first stake £10. Roll it over until doubled then bank. Next stake is 10% of bank but £10 minimum (might as well try and build the bank with a bit of compounding).

As I say, we go on Friday. Any opinions on what I've said above then let us know, same if you think there's anything I've not covered that needs to be. It's not rocket science and I'm sure we can tweak things on the go if needed. 

Seems fair, would tend to stick to the exchange for most but may use WH for the no goals in 1st 5 mins bets.  Would you want reasoning behind each bet rather than a random over 0.5 goals in a game?  As an example: Below would be my starting bet with reasoning behind it.IMG_3286.thumb.jpeg.72b465fcb41f14ba17be9d0e109b9777.jpeg  10th v 12th. 0-0 last time they met. St Johnstone only scored 17 in 27 matches and Livingston 18 in 27 matches. 

I’d say rationale welcome but not essential. We’re all fairly seasoned short odds backers (me perhaps the least of us if you exclude the 960 SoT winners) and/or value fiends. The clear implication is that we’ll be putting something up that we think is value at the price taken. Given the relatively low bet frequency you’d hope that we’ll all exercise a degree of selectivity in the bets we choose for in here.

For the avoidance of doubt, we are going with “exchange bets only” as it stands. Unless @glennhughes would prefer the option of bookies’ prices as well in which case we can give it further thought.

My thought was we won’t all have accounts with the same firms. My dilemma would be that some of the best bets I could find would be with 365 and I don’t want to end up looking for bets with a firm I can’t get on with!