Non-League Predictions - 27th January

Gateshead v Barnet
So frustrating we didn't get the chance of getting a big price winner against Gateshead on Tuesday and whilst Barnet aren't as big a price hopefully they can beat them. A bit of a break will help Gateshead, but they clearly aren't going to be as good as they were before losing all their players. Barnet clearly just need to make sure they finish in the top 3 now as Chesterfield are well gone and they did lose to Oldham on Tuesday, but both goals were penalties and there wasn't much in it otherwise. Given what happened in the reverse fixture I do get the feeling Oldham are Barnet's bogey team this season. This does look a good chance for Barnet to bounce straight back though.

Banbury v Scarborough
This would have been a max bet if Banbury hadn't sacked their manager on Thursday. I watched their game against Gloucester on Tuesday and they were awful. For a team to make us look half decent at the moment says it all and after managing to get an equaliser in the 66th minute they didn't actually manage to have another shot after that. Gloucester had some good chances as well to make it more than 2 and deserved the victory. Scarborough are now into 3rd and have been in good form and given Banbury can't win, especially at home, it should be an away win.

Buxton v Brackley
Buxton were hopeless on Tuesday night losing 6-0 to Warrington and whilst they beat Chester last Saturday it was a game of few chances and they just happened to score one of those. Brackley have won 5 on the bounce and are looking pretty good at the moment so they should be shorter to beat Buxton.

Rushall v Curzon
The home side losing their star striker to Southend is not going to help their cause to stay up and they host a Curzon side who are looking very good again after having a little blip a few weeks ago. To go to Kings Lynn and win 4-0 on Tuesday night was impressive.

Dartford v Weymouth
Weymouth have only lost twice in their last 10 games and whilst they have drawn half of the other 8 I think they are value to beat a Dartford side who are not having a great season and don't have a manager at the moment.

Taunton v Aveley
Time to back Aveley again as they have improved after their poor performances a few weeks ago. Weymouth beat Taunton on Tuesday and Taunton are suffering off the field at the moment with a winding up order against them. Their squad looks weak at the moment with plenty of players leaving. I didn't oppose them on Tuesday as I wondered if they might still be strong at home as they did make Yeovil work hard the other week, but Tuesday night gives me the feeling they will struggle at home now and Aveley are looking good right now.

Horsham v Potters Bar (Isthmian Premier)
Potters Bar have treated us well and whilst I know they lost 3-0 to Lewes last time they did end up with just 9 men on the pitch. Horsham haven't won in 5 and whilst they have two good draws against Hornchurch and Enfield in their last 2 games, this is another tough one and we know Potters Bar are better than their league position.

Matlock v FCUM (Northern Premier)
Like Rushall the home side have lost their star striker with Margotts going to Kings Lynn. He scored a goal a game and scored 2 of the 3 they put past Atherton last time. They are going to suffer badly with him gone and whilst FCUM aren't having their greatest season they are in good form having lost just 3 of their last 10. I thought they looked over priced.

Prices from 9pm Thursday

Barnet 2pts @ 6/4 with Paddy Power and Betfair (Coral are 8/5 and take up to Evs)
Scarborough 4pts @ 4/5 with Skybet, Paddy Power, Betfair, Betfred and Bet365 (take up to 4/7)
Brackley 3pts @ 8/5 with Skybet, Paddy Power, Betfair and Betfred (take up to 11/10)
Curzon 1pt @ 7/5 with Skybet (take up to 6/5)
Weymouth 1pt @ 14/5 with Paddy Power, Betfair and William Hill (Skybet are 3/1 and take up to 11/5)
Aveley 1pt @ 7/5 with Paddy Power, William Hill, Betfair and Betfred (Skybet are 6/4 and take up to 6/5)
Potters Bar 1pt @ 2/1 with Bet365 (take up to 7/4)
FCUM 1pt @ 21/10 with Skybet and Betfred (take up to 7/4)