Six Nations 2024 > Outright Predictions

image.png

Rugby Vision are bullish about Ireland to an extent that would make them a value bet in all 3 markets (they're pretty much 7/4 best outright, 7/2 the slam and 7/5 the TC). Whilst I'm suspicious about their estimates being entirely accurate I think the general argument that Ireland may offer a bit of value seems reasonable,

That said, much comes down to the very first game when Ireland go to France. It may prove to be the title decider though the other teams would still have something to say at that point. It will certainly give us a clear outright favourite assuming it doesn't end in a draw! My ratings (for whatever they may be worth) make that game a coin toss but the general consensus would have France as narrow favourites.

After that encounter both teams should have no difficulties with their home games against Italy. Their toughest ties would be France away to Scotland and Ireland away to England. I'd say France have the slightly tougher task but the markets will probably say they're about the same. Ireland host Wales while France go to them so that's in Ireland's favour. That leaves the final games where Ireland entertain Scotland and France welcome England, both games the favourites will be expected to win.

I think that any value lies with Ireland but that depends on how confident you feel about them winning that tricky opening fixture. If you're as gung-ho as Rugby Vision then pile on, it's a no-brainer.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve taken 12/1 about France to win the 6 Nations, Ireland to win the Triple Crown and Italy to finish bottom with Hills. Same thing is 9/1 elsewhere and sub 6/1 if you multiply out the best odds for each component.

I can’t see any related contingency aspect here that would justify getting pretty much double the multiplied best odds so it feels like a decent enough punt.

14 hours ago, harry_rag said:

I’ve taken 12/1 about France to win the 6 Nations, Ireland to win the Triple Crown and Italy to finish bottom with Hills. Same thing is 9/1 elsewhere and sub 6/1 if you multiply out the best odds for each component.

I can’t see any related contingency aspect here that would justify getting pretty much double the multiplied best odds so it feels like a decent enough punt.

Yeah I'll take that action too! France's toughest tests (i.e. Ireland and England) are both played at the Stade De France, while Ireland play Wales and Scotland at home. The only tricky one will be England at Twickenham, but it's worth a punt for sure.

I'm on 4+ red cards in the tournament at 7/4 with Sky Bet. Not necessarily a glaring rick (SX go 2.7-3 for total red cards) but someone's got it wrong as the unders line is as big as 8/11 or 8/13 elsewhere. My gut feel is that 7/4 is slightly generous for this line though I could be right and 8/11 could still be a decent bet for the unders.

12 hours ago, tschurchy said:

@harry_rag could be over already 😅

Yeah, close to impossible now but Ireland winning that one was always going to make it difficult for France to win outright (out to 21 on the exchange now). Shame the game wasn’t last rather than first then we might have got a bit more of a run for our money at least.