Exacta/Trifecta

10 hours ago, tonythepaint said:

I'm going to have the odd go at the Exacta/Trifecta this year and see what happens. 

Good luck for the year.

Bet 1

Screenshot_20240101-063954.png

The exacta and trifecta, you have to have a £2 minimum stake, you might be better off going with the R/FC and AWT/C. My best advice would be to avoid favs and stick to anything over around or over 8/1. which is what happened in the race you backed in.

55 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

The exacta and trifecta, you have to have a £2 minimum stake, you might be better off going with the R/FC and AWT/C. My best advice would be to avoid favs and stick to anything over around or over 8/1. which is what happened in the race you backed in.

I don't mind doing a reverse exacta for £2 total stake.

I normally do a 25p combination trifecta with 3 horses (total stake £1.50)

1 hour ago, tonythepaint said:

I don't mind doing a reverse exacta for £2 total stake.

I normally do a 25p combination trifecta with 3 horses (total stake £1.50)

Can you do a combo trifecta for less than £2 stakes? For what its worth i do 3 horses 6x50p F/C and 6x 25p T/C =£4,50. seems to work well enough for me i don't get many T/C's but i get a good few F/C's you don't need to get many up if the odds are reasonably big to make a good profit. The odd thing is i do better in small fields (5-8 runners) than big fields which suits the fixed odds better than the tote.

10 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Can you do a combo trifecta for less than £2 stakes? For what its worth i do 3 horses 6x50p F/C and 6x 25p T/C =£4,50. seems to work well enough for me i don't get many T/C's but i get a good few F/C's you don't need to get many up if the odds are reasonably big to make a good profit. The odd thing is i do better in small fields (5-8 runners) than big fields which suits the fixed odds better than the tote.

I have been putting on a combination trifecta at 25p unit stakes (total cost £1.50) with the tote and they have never said that I need a minimum bet of £2.

It's interesting about the small fields, I'll keep an eye on that.

Cheers Tony 

5 hours ago, tonythepaint said:

Just looked at yesterdays results.

Looked at handicaps with 10 runners or less.

The exacta beat the straight forecast 10-8

Where tricasts were available the trifecta won 8-3

I know it's only one days results. 

I'll keep a check over the week.

You will find that in most cases the tote does beat the "bookies" about 80% of the time, The big prob i have found over the years, because it is a pool bet you can get some right shockers, granted you can get some good ones too but i prefer knowing the approx return when i place the bet. i have had a few horror stories with the tote over the years. Will be interesting to see how you get on.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

image.png.c7b1d466a8bba2f02b4ff698bd2d9d84.png

bummer 1st & 3rd i got 16/1 and 14/1 bog, the returns of the exacta and fc would have returned round about the sp which was 12/1 and 7/1. (approx 80/1) as opposed to (176/1) that is a very big difference compared with the exacta.