** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Gooner’s One Goal 2024

JdsGooner90

Good luck with this one. I appreciate you might want to keep track of the number of selections but it might be best to keep a count of the actual number of bets as well. If the treble wins you’ll have had 5 winning selections but it will only count as 2 consecutive winning bets. That’s the negative with doing doubles and trebles; whilst they can help accelerate bank growth they only count as one bet for consecutive winner purposes regardless of the number of selections.

First time I have done doubles & trebles and I just assumed they would count individually towards the consecutive run as it’s the amount of games you back to have a goal or more - didnt think it mattered if I did that as multiple bets or individual. 

Nevertheless I don’t expect to get anywhere near a worthwhile score anyway to really go for the consecutive run so not too fussed. 

It’s a moot point to some extent (could be seen as harsh that 33 winning doubles only counts as 33 bets rather than 66 when someone doing the same bets as singles would be on 66). But that’s the scenario @Mrjol. finds himself in.

The rules for the consecutive bets table are clear on this point and it’s been debated at some length without being changed. It’s correct from a literal viewpoint, 3 singles are 3 bets, a treble is 1 bet consisting of 3 selections. I guess the bottom line is we do singles if the priority is targeting consecutive bets and trebles etc where we think that will maximise returns but we can’t have it both ways.

@Skittle am I correct with my interpretation of current rules and that this isn’t something we’re inclined to fiddle with this far down the line. You can argue the point both ways but the rules are clear and give everyone the same choice.

49 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

It’s a moot point to some extent (could be seen as harsh that 33 winning doubles only counts as 33 bets rather than 66 when someone doing the same bets as singles would be on 66). But that’s the scenario @Mrjol. finds himself in.

The rules for the consecutive bets table are clear on this point and it’s been debated at some length without being changed. It’s correct from a literal viewpoint, 3 singles are 3 bets, a treble is 1 bet consisting of 3 selections. I guess the bottom line is we do singles if the priority is targeting consecutive bets and trebles etc where we think that will maximise returns but we can’t have it both ways.

@Skittle am I correct with my interpretation of current rules and that this isn’t something we’re inclined to fiddle with this far down the line. You can argue the point both ways but the rules are clear and give everyone the same choice.

To my mind you are correct in your interpretation.

7 hours ago, JdsGooner90 said:

Bet 7 

IMG_8867.thumb.jpeg.7eef40d2c8c392112122f391eebe1079.jpeg

There's something not quite right about doing a game like that. I don't think the word 'Random' would even cover it.........wherever it may be being played.

1 hour ago, Skittle said:

There's something not quite right about doing a game like that. I don't think the word 'Random' would even cover it.........wherever it may be being played.

It’s football anything can happen , don’t care what country they are from :ok .

Wouldn’t see me backing it had i been deep into a run but it thought it was worth a punt at the odds.