Racing chat Sunday 10th September

41 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Well at the moment my view on the 2yo's in general is very negative and i will make re-assessments after November but i can't remember a poorer lot to be honest and the rates of the horses running in pattern racing has dropped significantly even in France nothing stands out, you have to put aside the arse licking attached to the O'Brien horses and assess them as you would any other Longfellow beat 3 horses yesterday in a time slower than fallen angel's race so make of that what you will, the drooling over O'Briens horse was far and above that of the Burke horse. One of the problems these days is that the "O'Briens" have got so many horses no wonder he wins more group races than anyone else. In my opinion if you can run 3 horses in every G1 and other trainers are scared off by the BS you don't need to be a genius to reach a 1000 winners. The list of horses that were supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread and turned out to be buns is very long but they never talk about those. Fabre and Appleby are better trainers than O'Brien but you wouldn't know it listening to the arse lickers.

On a different note the Arc is intriguing given 3 of the last 4 winners were German bred. and given the fact that in past years the arc winner either started fav for the Prix Neil or won it Fantastic Moon beat some good horses yesterday at 16/1 looks a decent bet especially if the ground turns soft-heavy which might find Ace Impact out.

Just had a saver on Fantastic Moon.

Managed to get 20-1 with corals

5 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Well at the moment my view on the 2yo's in general is very negative and i will make re-assessments after November but i can't remember a poorer lot to be honest and the rates of the horses running in pattern racing has dropped significantly even in France nothing stands out, you have to put aside the arse licking attached to the O'Brien horses and assess them as you would any other Longfellow beat 3 horses yesterday in a time slower than fallen angel's race so make of that what you will, the drooling over O'Briens horse was far and above that of the Burke horse. One of the problems these days is that the "O'Briens" have got so many horses no wonder he wins more group races than anyone else. In my opinion if you can run 3 horses in every G1 and other trainers are scared off by the BS you don't need to be a genius to reach a 1000 winners. The list of horses that were supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread and turned out to be buns is very long but they never talk about those. Fabre and Appleby are better trainers than O'Brien but you wouldn't know it listening to the arse lickers.

On a different note the Arc is intriguing given 3 of the last 4 winners were German bred. and given the fact that in past years the arc winner either started fav for the Prix Neil or won it Fantastic Moon beat some good horses yesterday at 16/1 looks a decent bet especially if the ground turns soft-heavy which might find Ace Impact out.

Thanks for the reply.

I asked cos I know 2yo is more your scene than mine. I take onboard your points - certainly I think it’s not been a great year for the sport across the board and I hope the 2yo crop is more of an anomaly rather than a trend to an overall lower standard.

I rewatched the race and I wasn’t impressed. I was curious as the price had drifted but can’t detect anything to suggest this isn’t anything other than warranted.

thanks for the Arc pointer as well

Edited by BBBC

Agree fully with assessment of Fantastic Moon , but trainer stating openly will only run if ground is good , will not run if soft or worse .

On the Aiden O`Brien point again fully agree .Having this huge pool of horses surely is detrimental to the sport , it should all be about competition not the nearly monopoly that exists in Ireland at present . Similar scenario with the NH domination of  Mullins .

6 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Agree fully with assessment of Fantastic Moon , but trainer stating openly will only run if ground is good , will not run if soft or worse .

On the Aiden O`Brien point again fully agree .Having this huge pool of horses surely is detrimental to the sport , it should all be about competition not the nearly monopoly that exists in Ireland at present . Similar scenario with the NH domination of  Mullins .

Strange angle for the trainer to take but he knows the horse better than anyone or should do. Here's an angle, Sir Mark Prescott probably knows more about horses than anyone on the planet but i bet he had a massive oops moment when Torquator Tasso won the arc in 2021 knowing Alpinista had beaten that horse easily on two occasions in Germany, no surprise then that last years arc was targeted and won by Alpinista so just shows even the best get it wrong some times.

Dermot Weld himself got it wrong in 2020 when Tarnawa won one of the Arc trials  , didn`t supplement it but won the 10f race instead on Arc day . Horse subsequently won  at the Breeders Cup same year . It would surely have won the Arc that year , but He decided to wait a year to win it , when unfortunately finished 2nd to Torquator Tasso .

9 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Dermot Weld himself got it wrong in 2020 when Tarnawa won one of the Arc trials  , didn`t supplement it but won the 10f race instead on Arc day . Horse subsequently won  at the Breeders Cup same year . It would surely have won the Arc that year , but He decided to wait a year to win it , when unfortunately finished 2nd to Torquator Tasso .

Yes Tarnawa cracking horse i made a fortune out of that animal. Breeders cup i had tarnawa, glass slippers and audarya in singles, doubles and trebles as well as a lucky 15 the one that let me down was Siskin ironically for me my top rated 2yo of 2019 that was a happy night for me one of my best in fact even though Siskin losing actually cost me £25,000 or put a better way if siskin had won i would have banked £25,000 on top of what i won.