Game Week 4 Table & Game Week 5 Chat

fantasy.jpg

The Punters Lounge Fantasy Football League enters the first international break of the season with a new leader at the top of the table. Rob Cooper's email this team in have dislodged Ya'u Ado's Zakariya FC at the summit. In fact, Zakariya FC have dropped all the way down to 9th after a mediocre 69 points total. It just goes to show how high the quality is this year. Rob will be thanking not only Erling Haaland as his captain for bringing home 40 of the 92 points he earned but there were also solid points returns from the likes of Cristian Romero, Andrew Robertson, Bryan Mbeumo, Martin Odegaard, James Ward-Prowse, and Darwin Nunez. He even enjoyed the luxury of having Gabriel Martinelli's 5 points on his bench unused.

Still, the 92 points Cooper's men earned wasn't enough to earn him Manager of the Week. Not even close. In fact, it wasn't even @Gray306 with his Ju-Lo's Lamborghini with 105 points. Or @TFC's TFC with their 108 points haul. This week's Manager of the Week went to @Chris P's Dynamo Langdale. Unsurprisingly, his decision to triple captain Haaland was the moneymaker. Even so, Haaland's 60 points were added to by impressive double-figure returns by Trent Alexander-Arnold, Son Heung-min, and Dominik Szoboszlai. Well played!

Unfortunately, us staff members here at Punters Lounge must grieve the reputation of one of our own this week. For it is our very own tech wizard @Steve Coleman who must parade through the streets of his current hometown naked and full of shame after amassing a meagre 22 points to end up with the lowest score of the week. Steve will have his team in for extra training next week with only Bukayo Saka, James Maddison, and Alexander Isak earning more than 2 points each!

A special shout out to Ya'u Ado's Zakariya FC who was the winner of the August Manager of the Month but, unfortunately, did not fulfil the required criteria of posting their team name and username in the competition sign-up thread so did not win the monthly prize that was available. Let's hope this month's Manager of the Month does meet the eligibility!

We now have a two week break until the next round of Premier League matches with the deadline for transfers not until 11 am BST on Saturday 16th September. Let us know which players you're thinking about putting in and shipping out. I would also like to apologise to all Chelsea fans for bringing Raheem Sterling into my team this week. Absolutely jinxed you didn't I! :loon

Not that I was anyway near, though wouldn't it be a good idea to give the manager of the month prize to the highest placed team of the month who followed the correct entry criteria?

Otherwise, we could end up with many many months of unclaimed prizes.

And @StevieDay1983 don't be too hard on yourself in regards to Raheeeeeeeem Sterling this weekend. He also had the double anchor of me selecting the nimble chap to weigh him down as well 😄

4 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Not that I was anyway near, though wouldn't it be a good idea to give the manager of the month prize to the highest placed team of the month who followed the correct entry criteria?

Otherwise, we could end up with many many months of unclaimed prizes.

Now that's a very good idea 😉😀😀