Racing chat - Monday 4th September

Brighton 2:35

horse whisperer

win

this class dropper may be able to follow up on second nursery run.

dropped into a class six for the first time on handicap debut showed a willing attitude to grab to the rail and rallied once headed to get back up on the line.

Raised just three pounds this horse was  sixth in a class two stakes on debut finishing ahead of subsequent winners. The winner went straight to Royal Ascot where upon scoping badly was pulled out and next seen in a listed class one. 

Horse whisperer was put to learning the trade in class fours and fives before resurfacing just three pounds lower than today in a lowly nursery.

A bid to repeat over course and distance looks likely and while quick turnarounds may bounce at this stage of development, a false mark means we may not have seen the best of this runner yet.

Brighton 1:50

Pop Dancer

win

A four runner field and not much between these runners, who all hold valid claims.

preference is for the mount of Group 1winning jockey Luke Morris who often rides well at Brighton. Pop Dancer.

He holds the highest rating and is a six year old in a field of two six’s and two fives.

Pop dancers’  last win  was a class four and prior to that last win was here in this grade. 
Has won numerous times for yard since leaving Richard Fahey as a two year old. Two juvenile wins for the Yorkshire trainer and still retains ability. Top weight here.

In reality any of these can go forward here, but I prefer the profile of this one.

Edited by Sporting Sam

😘 Thank you @Sporting Sam for the 4/1 winner 🐎.....i also did the RFC in 2nd advice, so am still 22.5 pts ahead 👍.......while my husband is 'spoiling a good walk' bashing a white ball around a field 😂 which i know he isnt, as its my 62nd Birthday on Friday, so after 28yrs i know he out getting my pressie 😎

16 minutes ago, Brahmin said:

😘 Thank you @Sporting Sam for the 4/1 winner 🐎.....i also did the RFC in 2nd advice, so am still 22.5 pts ahead 👍.......while my husband is 'spoiling a good walk' bashing a white ball around a field 😂 which i know he isnt, as its my 62nd Birthday on Friday, so after 28yrs i know he out getting my pressie 😎

My pleasure. 
I hope it’s a stake in a race horse he’s getting you !!

and happy returns on Friday 

Roscommon 3:27

barnso

Port Louis 

both win

nothing to lose at the prices in a race supposed to be won easily by stromburg. Draw data and  the weights suggests it’s not all clear cut.

The O’Briens have a very strong record in this race and one stable runner has already defected in favour of the other. Port Louis the only course winner on show in this rated race.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Ross common4:02

Mullacash Buzz
each way

pallismore lass

win

sticking implicitly to draw data in previous race would have given second and third -stall5-at 125/1.

hence the above selection pallismore lass a maiden who has Colin Keane onboard for second time. A real chance here while under the free energy system Mullacash buzz who won this race off same mark and has won off two pounds higher at Dundalk should go close in this big field.

First half of a 3.6 double wins with 'Havanagreattime' going onto 'Montevideo' in Chepstow 5.05 🤞    Lost 

Ross 5.12      Hazalaya  7/2    1ST          Chestnutter  6/1 EW  

Brigh 5.20     Intercessor  6/4    1st        Sir Titan  4/1 

Going to stop with those 2 wins, so along with earlier 4/1 winner from @Sporting Sam think my husband be happy to see his account balance increased nicely now 😎

Edited by Brahmin

Roscommon 5:12

yermanthere

hazalyla

both win

yeemanthere is up twelve pounds for his win but that is covered by a half pound claim and he holds a decent turnaround at the weights on his main rival.

the draw data gives this race to stall 8 after an adjustment due to an anomaly and also puts the aga Khan bred runner in the driving seat

Edited by Sporting Sam

Roscommon 6;45

Deakin

win

the obvious one on form dropping down from handicap company 

the draw data though says stall 8

Rioja Alta

win

the free energy aspect says for two reasons to expect the newcomer to feature here as stall 1 and stall 11 are  interlocked.

Zariygann 

each way

Gavin Cromwell’s Aga Khan runner looks a bit special and could go well here with a bit of help if the top horse doesn’t fire.

Would need to be smart to figure on first run but related to the precocious  Zanahiyr.

Combination forecast the three runners.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Roscommon 7:15

macinamillion

win

denied by stablemate and denied a clear run beaten favourite but not entirely unexpected from yard and no complaints in the stewards after.

Cherokee run 

( in last years winning stall and also in receipt of an energy boost)

Each way

Tasmanian girl

The draw data horse and despite never placing has “real claims” here

each way

Edited by Sporting Sam

Windsor 7:30

Pottoro

win

Finn Star 

each way

never placed before but physics suggests this one may get into the running. Also on a career low at the weights and claimer placed on board to try and take some advantage. You would not see this one put up anywhere else, as no one has ever thought to delve into the physics.

Pop Dancer 

hazalyla

Deakin

Emperors clothes

INTERCESSOR

The five winners

best of the selections though was the previously  unraced Zariygann who was each way placed at double digit odds

Edited by Sporting Sam