The 100 Club

harry_rag

Bet 17 is Danny Walker (Warrington) to score a hat trick v Hull at 150/1 with Sky Bet.

Tailing the tip on him to score anytime at 11/4 (now 10/3 in a place) and done the brace at 18/1 and the 'trick. Optimistic but you have to be in it to win it!

I may never hit a winner in this thread but there's reasonable evidence that the bets aren't too silly. I've hit "1 short" winners at 9/1, 11/1 and 20/1 on bets posted in here. (The last two bets where Troost-Ekong scored once when I was also on the brace and Solanke scoring twice when I was also on the hat trick).

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Go again at 375/1 today. Done 14s anytime & 40s from outside the box.

:ok Scored, even if from close range and only once, so a 14/1 winner. This must be the most profitable thread ever to have had a 100% losing record! :lol

(Joins the list of previous "1 short" winners backed at 9/1, 11/1 and 20/1.)

On 3/10/2024 at 12:51 PM, harry_rag said:

Gone again with Lejeune for Vallecano. 650/1 today! :loon

20/1 anytime and might have a quick look for the "from outside the box" price as well.

And again, 300/1 the brace, 14s anytime (out to 16/1 now) and 50/1 the “screamer”.

On 3/2/2024 at 5:42 PM, harry_rag said:

:ok Scored, even if from close range and only once, so a 14/1 winner. This must be the most profitable thread ever to have had a 100% losing record! :lol

(Joins the list of previous "1 short" winners backed at 9/1, 11/1 and 20/1.)

Scores again at 14/1 and direct from a free kick to land the 50/1 so 2 more to add to the list. 0/21 in terms of the thread itself but nicely up on the underlying bets that the 100/1+ shots are based on. The initial rationale for backing him (before he’d scored a goal this season) was how high he was in the rankings for shots from free kicks. Let’s see how he’s priced next time around.

3 of my rugby league tryscorers look particularly big this weekend and all can be backed at 100/1 for the hat trick. Worth a quid each I think.  Anytime prices quoted for reference.

Hull KR v Salford: Evalds 5/2 and Hiku at 9/4

Dragons v Cowboys: Laybutt at 12/5

• 2 weeks later...

Frimpong (Leverkusen) hat trick at 225/1 with Uni.

Unlikely but perhaps not 225/1's worth of unlikely! 11 goals this season but not even a brace so far this season, did manage two of those last season.

18/5 anytime looks too big as do 11/1 first and 29/1 the brace.

Fernandes and Diaz both to score from outside the box at 200/1 with Lads. A bit more mug/fun bet than most in here but I'd rather add another loser than see it win and go unposted! I'm on Diaz as a single at 20/1 and Bruno to score at 11/2 so those are the "underlying" bets for this one.

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Fernandes and Diaz both to score from outside the box at 200/1 with Lads. A bit more mug/fun bet than most in here but I'd rather add another loser than see it win and go unposted! I'm on Diaz as a single at 20/1 and Bruno to score at 11/2 so those are the "underlying" bets for this one.

Backed the wrong one as a single (to be fair, Bruno was short v 11/2 just to score anytime). Also had evens for a Diaz SoT so another profitable game even if the quest for the big one rumbles on.

4 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Lejuene back in action but shorter than previously so maybe one last throw of the dice at 100/1 for the brace with Sky Bet. 10/1 anytime and 22/1 the "screamer".

Why one last throw @harry_rag it could still be a worthwhile bet in future - whether it lands or not this time shouldn't necessarily make any difference to whether you back him again.

3 minutes ago, Torque said:

Why one last throw @harry_rag it could still be a worthwhile bet in future - whether it lands or not this time shouldn't necessarily make any difference to whether you back him again.

He might generally be priced closer to fair from now on which might make me consider the value has gone and he might not be priced up in 3 figures as often anyway. I was more thinking about the actual availability of odds of 100/1 plus but I was also conscious of how much shorter he was generally this week (“only” 100/1 and only in 1 place).

Tella (Leverkusen) hat trick at 100/1 Lads

Took the 9/4 anytime with Sky Bet (11/5 best Uni now; still looks big). He was 80/1 for the trick but boost took it to 100/1. Small bet on 1st at 8/1. 

Leverkusen scorers the gift that keeps on giving, so many who can score and are often overpriced.

Mancini (Roma) to score 2 or more goals at 300/1 in a few places (PP, Coral, Lads)

As posted in the Serie A thread I've backed him to score at 20, seems to be a huge threat in terms of headed goals. Scored 7 in 34 starts this season, in all of his last 3 games and in 5 of Roma's last 15.

No doubt he's due an off night but I think the anytime price is generous and, perhaps, he might be less than a 300/1 shot to score a brace.

Murphy (Newcastle) hat trick at 750/1

Obviously firmly ticks the "probably not going to happen" box that is par for the course when betting at 3 figure odds but I'm on him anytime at 9/2 which gets a rare rating of >100 and I think 750/1 is out of line even if 9/2 was about right. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Feel like I'm due at least an "underlying" winner though would be nice to finally hit the big one!

11/2 Brannagan landed so a profit on the bets posted for the game but he wasn't big enough for a bet in here. Scored just before the break so a quiet relied that he didn't add another in the 2nd half!

My mate Lejuene scores again for Vallecano after a bit of a gap. "Only" 15/2 today and didn't get matched at double digits. Hopefully doesn't add another but pretty sure that 2+ wouldn't have been 100/1 today.

van den Belt (Feyenoord) to score in both halves at 100/1 Lads

6/1 anytime an almost off the charts system bet so we'll give this a go. His stats aren't great though, but similar to Mackay-Steven who landed at 6/1 for Kilmarnock yesterday. Best not to question the wisdom of the numbers!

On 5/15/2024 at 7:04 PM, harry_rag said:

My mate Lejuene scores again for Vallecano after a bit of a gap. "Only" 15/2 today and didn't get matched at double digits. Hopefully doesn't add another but pretty sure that 2+ wouldn't have been 100/1 today.

150/1 against Barca; I'll give it a go. Taken the 14/1 anytime.

• 4 weeks later...