Racing chat-monday 24th july

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

My idea of “zoom protocol” is whether you nibble it from the pointy end downwards or the bottom end up!

Apparently they’re not available any more though Morrisons briefly brought them back in 2019. We could have a chapter of the confectionery of yore that you can’t get anymore. I wonder if they still do Mivvis!

Nibbits for me loved them but alas they exist no more.....

3 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Nick Mordin had a system for 2yo in soft ground and it went something like this- when the ground is soft or heavy back the horse with most runs where the rest of the field has had few or no runs.  Last night i identified the 620 at windsor as one such race to be interested in (ish) although there are a few in the field with more runs than i would like the fact that Mullins Beach has shown form on soft ground and is getting so much weight from the others it is well worth a bet was 25/1 now around 12/1 the problem today is that last night the going was good to soft but today it is described as good puts me off a tad because that tells me it is drying so i am hoping for a bit of a deluge because my money is already down, as i have 25/1 and it is now around 12/1 i could cash out for more than i staked (bit of profit) but to micro manage bets to me is alien so i will let it run.

race time suggests good ground which renders this post pointless 😁

Beverley 7pm

makeen

each way 

unlucky at Newmarket two runs back..

Ugo  Gregory 

win

high strike rate. follow up wins not normally on Easterby mo but two have won twice in last week and Ugo 6/10 here.

Ballinrobe 7:10

vishio

win

every chance of repeat performance from this front runner.
Rain

each way

goes up in trip after two forgettable runs over shorter on Irish debut. Ex Andre Fabre has won on soft over further.

Edited by sporting sam

Beverley 8pm

Precedent 

win

in the process of running a big race when beaten by an improver last time.

still a maiden but very well treated on Irish form. Usual suspects here, this one has a bit more.

magnetic north 

and vishio 

a first double for yard in Ireland both front runners.

Golden shot

was the longest traveller from Newmarket.

Edited by sporting sam

41 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

My favourite was the Aztec bar.

I think they just got phased out before I became “chocolate aware” though got resurrected briefly years later. I have an original era “Feed Aztecs to me” badge amongst my badge “collection”. (Mostly badges from when I was a child then my punk era purchases.) I have some Robertson’s Jam badges that you could get arrested for wearing these days.

I remember some short lived abomination called the Amazin Raisin bar by cadburys where they seemed to think they could take on the Mars Bar by forcing raisins into the mix. It didn’t really work!