Racing chat-monday 24th july

Ballinrobe 5:10

Magnetic North

win

dropped into a claimer again for new connections, this consistent handicapper has found he is shooting fish in a barrel at this level. Has won his last two by a total of nine lengths.

Carries the same conditions as before 10-2 must be the ceiling , Adam caffery takes another five off. They stop losing at some stage but there looks to be more just yet.

Ayr 2:30
Golden shot 

win

travels to Scotland minus Luke Morris as this is an apprentice race.

Yard’s only runner here and this horse drops back in trip and runs down in class from debut run at Leicester where ability was shown in the early stages. ( won by now 85 rated perlando)

has gone through the usual metamorphosis since the mandatory three sprint runs out the back to classy middle distance runner with an unscalable mark and won twice very easily .

Did not appreciate step up in trip latest and given a long break. If sent to the front early enough could run away with things here. A drifter today and could go off a nice price.

the saver is a reverse forecast with two auld lads.

golden shot to win by

2+ lengths @ 100/30

Golden shot to win

golden shot/ two auld pals

reverse forecast 

entered up multiple times this week and a win here means no penalties in those entered affairs . Has already bolted up eased down under a penalty. 
if Prescott has relatives up here or wants to post a letter cheaply ,then he has another reason to come, but sends one horse on a 750 mile round trip.

Edited by sporting sam

4.15 Ayr The Caltonian 5 pts win at 10.00 and Chookie Dunedin 5 pts win at 14.5 (my Pl Nap)

4.50 Ayr Darbucks 4 pt win at 3.80 ( I don't like the odds but this could be a good cover bet for the 4.15 if the two fail to fire)

Too many horses fail to fire for my liking which is one of the reasons I don't like to put increased stakes on the beasts.

Good luck to @richard-westwood today he deserves some luck in-running

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strange run by Darbucks it went into the lead and then dropped back.  Well done to the winner though, very good achievement under a penalty.

6.50 Win Magic Light 2 pts win at 5.6 for a 9.02 profit.  All my favourite Jocks running at Windsor tonight, I don't have the time to sift through that lot.  Instead, I will take a chance with Tom Marquand's mount.  The problem with Richard Hannon though is that he puts out so many runners it is difficult to find his winners

16 points staked today

Edited by The Equaliser

10 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

4.15 Ayr The Caltonian 5 pts win at 10.00 and Chookie Dunedin 5 pts win at 14.5 (my Pl Nap)

4.50 Ayr Darbucks 4 pt win at 3.80 ( I don't like the odds but this could be a good cover bet for the 4.15 if the two fail to fire)

Too many horses fail to fire for my liking which is one of the reasons I don't like to put increased stakes on the beasts.

Good luck to @richard-westwood today he deserves some luck in-running

Yes the ground is very changeable currently and it's having a big effect on results ...depending on whether there's a lot of rain on course on the day ......I can only go on ratings ...they look decent chances on paper but you don't know whether they'll run their race on day but that's racing for ya 😉 

1 hour ago, sporting sam said:

Ayr 2:30
Golden shot 

win

travels to Scotland minus Luke Morris as this is an apprentice race.

Yard’s only runner here and this horse drops back in trip and runs down in class from debut run at Leicester where ability was shown in the early stages. ( won by now 85 rated perlando)

has gone through the usual metamorphosis since the mandatory three sprint runs out the back to classy middle distance runner with an unscalable mark and won twice very easily .

Did not appreciate step up in trip latest and given a long break. If sent to the front early enough could run away with things here. A drifter today and could go off a nice price.

the saver is a reverse forecast with two auld lads.

golden shot to win by

2+ lengths @ 100/30

Golden shot to win

golden shot/ two auld pals

reverse forecast 

entered up multiple times this week and a win here means no penalties in those entered affairs . Has already bolted up eased down under a penalty. 
if Prescott has relatives up here or wants to post a letter cheaply ,then he has another reason to come, but sends one horse on a 750 mile round trip.

Spot on again. All the way out to 9/4, they seemed very confident the runner up was going to win (4's into 11/8)!

Nick Mordin had a system for 2yo in soft ground and it went something like this- when the ground is soft or heavy back the horse with most runs where the rest of the field has had few or no runs.  Last night i identified the 620 at windsor as one such race to be interested in (ish) although there are a few in the field with more runs than i would like the fact that Mullins Beach has shown form on soft ground and is getting so much weight from the others it is well worth a bet was 25/1 now around 12/1 the problem today is that last night the going was good to soft but today it is described as good puts me off a tad because that tells me it is drying so i am hoping for a bit of a deluge because my money is already down, as i have 25/1 and it is now around 12/1 i could cash out for more than i staked (bit of profit) but to micro manage bets to me is alien so i will let it run.

Thanks yossa

ayr

dorothy Lawrence 

drops a long way in class here and is priced accordingly.

three very decent races at listed and stakes level and placed in all of them not far behind Persian dreamer.

should dominate here.

Dorothy Lawrence to win by 4+ lengths 

Pilgrim

each  way ( on breeding but will most likely need the run)

All small stakes but as zilzalian says its a soft ground thing.

Edited by sporting sam

10 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

Thanks yossa

ayr

dorothy Lawrence 

drops a long way in class here and is priced accordingly.

three very decent races at listed and stakes level and placed in all of them not far behind Persian dreamer.

should dominate here.

Dorothy Lawrence to win by 4+ lengths 

Pilgrim

each  way ( on breeding but will most likely need the run)

All small stakes but as zilzalian says its a soft ground thing.

Pilgrim ran a blinder and was just nosed out of second place. Was wrongly called second. Very slow start from the favourite cost him any ground he made at the end.

3:40

early feelings are that whisky priest was hard done by to only get a dead heat last time out at Yarmouth.

Norfolk camera angles are different to visuals but he comes here a winner and looks a likely one to defy a penalty. 
I’m just double checking a couple of things before I bet it but will confirm at 3:35…………. Just a couple of question marks

yes.

whisky priest really should win this.

whisky priest

win

small saver

GRANDAD BOB

each way 

Looks dangerous especially with Paul mulreanhan up for the first time.

Edited by sporting sam

44 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Nick Mordin had a system for 2yo in soft ground and it went something like this- when the ground is soft or heavy back the horse with most runs where the rest of the field has had few or no runs.

Always liked reading his books, there haven't been any decent books written for years, I'm thinking of writing one myself

55 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Nick Mordin had a system for 2yo in soft ground and it went something like this- when the ground is soft or heavy back the horse with most runs where the rest of the field has had few or no runs.  Last night i identified the 620 at windsor as one such race to be interested in (ish) although there are a few in the field with more runs than i would like the fact that Mullins Beach has shown form on soft ground and is getting so much weight from the others it is well worth a bet was 25/1 now around 12/1 the problem today is that last night the going was good to soft but today it is described as good puts me off a tad because that tells me it is drying so i am hoping for a bit of a deluge because my money is already down, as i have 25/1 and it is now around 12/1 i could cash out for more than i staked (bit of profit) but to micro manage bets to me is alien so i will let it run.

Cash out you know it makes sense 😂😂

18 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Always liked reading his books, there haven't been any decent books written for years, I'm thinking of writing one myself

I reckon we could write a good few between us I'm full of useless information 🤣 As for Mordin i used to love his columns in the old Sporting Life (later RP) Weekender. A very clever man indeed but i must admit he had some shockers in his predictions just like the rest of us. 😁

15 minutes ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

What about the 5.55 Beverley no 9 ? Fall in ?

Well man who doesn't process what he is reading 😂 Absolutely not, non of them has run more than twice, but i will say Easterby/Allan at 14/1 oop norf "is always worth agamble" but Prescott doesn't fag all the way up to Beverley for sod all has already had 1 winner and i am sure it isn't just a travelling companion fer t'other one but i might be wrong.

Edited by Zilzalian
omission

11 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

I reckon we could write a good few between us I'm full of useless information 🤣 As for Mordin i used to love his columns in the old Sporting Life (later RP) Weekender. A very clever man indeed but i must admit he had some shockers in his predictions just like the rest of us. 😁

We should do the PL Forum Guide to Betting covering racing and sports. I’ll chuck in a couple of chapters on goalscorer betting and :drums spread betting. Something for everyone, it would surely be a bestseller! :unsure

Ayr 4:50

darbucks

win

Turbo command

each way

shows how hard it can be if you know about handicapping but choose to go off in a different direction.

turbo command has fallen to below last running mark but has won in Dundalk off far higher (75). Winning jockey back on board. 
Darbucks was just beaten by jkr one and meets on better terms…..

43 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

We should do the PL Forum Guide to Betting covering racing and sports. I’ll chuck in a couple of chapters on goalscorer betting and :drums spread betting. Something for everyone, it would surely be a bestseller! :unsure

Sounds like a podcast to me, A comedy of us lot trying to work out zoom protocol and shouting at each other to take a breath ffs. 

6 hours ago, sporting sam said:

Ballinrobe 5:10

Magnetic North

win

dropped into a claimer again for new connections, this consistent handicapper has found he is shooting fish in a barrel at this level. Has won his last two by a total of nine lengths.

Carries the same conditions as before 10-2 must be the ceiling , Adam caffery takes another five off. They stop losing at some stage but there looks to be more just yet.

Already advised magnetic north win.

Jaafel makes debut here and is still a maiden on turf but has three Dundalk wins.

colin Keane rides for gambling yard who mop up these claimers regularly……

JAAFEL

each way

Edited by sporting sam

My idea of “zoom protocol” is whether you nibble it from the pointy end downwards or the bottom end up!

Apparently they’re not available any more though Morrisons briefly brought them back in 2019. We could have a chapter of the confectionery of yore that you can’t get anymore. I wonder if they still do Mivvis!