** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

EW Double System

slapdash

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EW Double System

A. Ardglass 2.00 Plumpton (16/1) placed B. Opera Comica 3.20 Wolverhampton (SP) placed (8/1) C. Flight Leader 5.00 Plumpton (10/1) placed
Bets with returns: AB returned 10.92 points. AC returned 12.6 points. BC returned 7.8 points. With 6 points staked, that's a 25.32 point profit. Starting bank: 1000 points. Staked: 938 points. Current bank: 1354.67. P/L: +354.67. (win -114.00, place +468.67) Yield: +37.81%.

Re: EW Double System A. Kintbury Cross 2.00 Southwell (13/2) B. Young Scotton 2.00 Southwell (SP) C. Palm Island 2.20 Folkestone (8/1) D. Major Miller 2.20 Folkestone (SP) E. Pardishar 2.50 Folkestone (SP) F. It's Wallace Junior 2.50 Folkestone (SP) Bets: All 12 doubles at Stan James.

A. Kintbury Cross 2.00 Southwell (13/2) placed B. Young Scotton 2.00 Southwell (SP) lost C. Palm Island 2.20 Folkestone (8/1) placed D. Major Miller 2.20 Folkestone (SP) lost E. Pardishar 2.50 Folkestone (SP) placed (10/1) F. It's Wallace Junior 2.50 Folkestone (SP) lost
Bets with returns: AC returned 5.98 points. AE returned 6.9 points. CE returned 7.8 points. With 24 points staked, that's a loss of 3.32 points. Starting bank: 1000 points. Staked: 962 points. Current bank: 1351.35. P/L: +351.35. (win -126.00, place +477.35) Yield: +36.52%.

Re: EW Double System A. Maneki Nero (2.00 Musselburgh, SP) B. Frith (2.00 Musselburgh, SP) C. Blushing Thief (2.50 Lingfield, SP) D. Oasis Sun (4.50 Lingfield, 20/1) E. The Music Queen (5.00 Musselburgh, SP) F. Sparron Hawk (5.00 Musselburgh, SP) Bets: All 13 doubles at Ladbrokes.

A. Maneki Nero (2.00 Musselburgh' date=' SP) [b']placed (13/2) B. Frith (2.00 Musselburgh, SP) lost C. Blushing Thief (2.50 Lingfield, SP) placed (5/1) D. Oasis Sun (4.50 Lingfield, 20/1) lost E. The Music Queen (5.00 Musselburgh, SP) lost F. Sparron Hawk (5.00 Musselburgh, SP) lost G. Earth Master (4.50 Lingfield, 20/1) lost
Bets with returns: AC returned 4.6 points. With 32 points staked, that's a loss of 27.4 points. Starting bank: 1000 points. Staked: 994 points. Current bank: 1323.95. P/L: +323.95. (win -142.00, place +465.95) Yield: +32.59%.

Re: EW Double System Hi, My menu included Frankie Dori @6 (placed) but the price fell down before I could post it here. Still, it was not the brightest day... I tried to send you a PM about picks but I receive some error message concerning registration. Do I have to be on your buddy list? I don't want to post my tips before you and mislead other punters. It would also save some of your time.

Re: EW Double System Yeah, not the best day. You need to have made a certain number of posts (not sure of the exact number) before you can send PMs. It's nothing personal, but a site like this attracts a fair number of opportunists who want to spam members with their tipping services, etc., and it's to protect members from this. Today there seemed to be a lot of borderline picks (and it looks as though I picked the wrong ones!). Also, the Betfair prices will vary throughout the day, and I don't constantly monitor the prices, so especially with the borderline ones, what would be a selection at one time might not be quarter of an hour later. I didn't notice Frankie Dori, though. Feel free to post the ones you notice. I'll continue to post mine independently, but you may well spot some I miss, and you shouldn't worry about misleading other punters: it's up to them to decide whether they follow the ones you post. Nobody who posts tips on Punters Lounge gives any guarantees, and one of the good things about this site compared to other betting sites is that by and large there are no recriminations when a tip loses. By the way, people may have noticed that I post more selections in this thread than in my other thread. The ones I only post here tend to be the borderline ones. Most often that is because, although the place price on Betfair is a lot lower than the bookies' prices, the win price on Betfair is too high, so betting in EW singles I'd expect to lose too much on average on the win half of the bet to make what I'd expect to win on the place half worthwhile. But putting them in EW doubles might (I hope!) make a profit.

Re: EW Double System I see. So before I qualify I'll be spaming this forum. Concerning the odds changes I've seen the biggest jumps (of horses we bet on) in a last hour before the race and that's to late for any action. Especially, when you already placed your bets. If I have some free time I'll make some printscreens of the odds graphs before a race start. That might tell us more. I don't remember exactly the differences of today picks but when I place my bets I do it after certain period of monitoring the market. Unless one bookie significantly overpriced the horse. Maneki Neko, The Music Queen and Sparron Hawk were horses with no doubts-all three races with one strong favourite. Oasis Sun at Ladbrokes was overpriced as you wrote (SP @21, no doubts either.

Re: EW Double System the Betfair prices will vary throughout the day, and I don't constantly monitor the prices, so especially with the borderline ones, what would be a selection at one time might not be quarter of an hour later. this happened to oasis sun yesterday,varied between 50/60 in the run up to the race.

Re: EW Double System 2.40 Taunton Blue Business (11/2 Sporting Odds) Blushing Bull (11/2 Sporting Odds) 10 points EW on each. Each way system. I think these two mucst be Siamese twins! For both of them: We're getting odds of 2.10 for the place compared to lay odds on Betfair of 1.69, and the win price on Betfair is 6.60, just a touch more than we're getting.

2.40 Taunton Blue Business (11/2 Sporting Odds) Blushing Bull (11/2 Sporting Odds) 10 points EW on each. Each way system. I think these two mucst be Siamese twins! For both of them: We're getting odds of 2.10 for the place compared to lay odds on Betfair of 1.69, and the win price on Betfair is 6.60, just a touch more than we're getting.
Sorry, the above was meant to be in my other thread.

Re: EW Double System I think these two races deserve our attention: Fakenham 4.20 (Galway Breeze, Moving Earth, both @6,5-Stanjames) Betfair prices have not settled yet, strong favourite in this race. Fakenham 4.50 Rosita Bay @8 (Sportingbet)might be good selection for a single bet as well. Two favourites in this race. Nannys Gift @21 looks also good but I prefer SP. Since we have strong favourites in both races, SPs might bring better odds.

A. Tufty Hopper 1.50 Fakenham (10/1) placed B. Rosita Bay 4.50 Fakenham (SP) placed (13/2)
The double returned 6.9 points, so that makes a 4.9 point profit. Starting bank: 1000 points. Staked: 996 points. Current bank: 1328.85. P/L: +328.85. (win -143.00, place +471.85) Yield: +33.02%.

Good point. Lucky I waited for your opinion.
Maybe not so lucky, since Galway Breeze won!
BTW can you suggest any good page where I could find any warning about potential N-Rs? Or is it just an Act of God?
No, I don't know of anything like that. Wish I did!

Re: EW Double System I've noticed that but I flatter myself that the bookies had only 2places, didn't they? Otherwise I should be:cry Nannys Gift came 4th and I am still hesitating if the bet was worth it (win price at BF was around 50 and place price was around 4,5 - since the SP was 33/1 I got 7,6) I would welcome your judgement. http://members.chello.cz/slh/feb17.htm

Nannys Gift came 4th and I am still hesitating if the bet was worth it (win price at BF was around 50 and place price was around 4,5 - since the SP was 33/1 I got 7,6) I would welcome your judgement.
When I looked, the best early price was 25/1, I think, and the Betfair win price was something like 45.00. The difference in place prices was good, but the difference in win prices was just too big for me, even for putting it in doubles. If 33/1 had been available as an early price then I'd probably have gone for it.

When I looked, the best early price was 25/1, I think, and the Betfair win price was something like 45.00. The difference in place prices was good, but the difference in win prices was just too big for me, even for putting it in doubles. If 33/1 had been available as an early price then I'd probably have gone for it.
Fair enough. I placed it 5minutes before the start when the price drifted and I thought that the massive difference in place odds compensates the win price. Next time I should be less hasty. Thanks

Fair enough. I placed it 5minutes before the start when the price drifted and I thought that the massive difference in place odds compensates the win price. Next time I should be less hasty. Thanks
Well, that was just my opinion. When I looked earlier in the day, the difference in place prices was not so massive and the difference in win prices was bigger. If the prices had been as you described when I looked then I would almost certainly have taken it in a double with Tufty Hopper. And although it looks as though it was well beaten into fourth place, I wouldn't feel too bad about backing a 33/1 shot each-way if it finished fourth. During the week I rarely have time to look at the prices just before the race, so I'm really not sure how well the system works if you use show prices instead of early prices. I've stumbled across a system that has been quite profitable, but I still have a lot to learn about it.

I quite fancy Jeremy Cuddle Duck at 12.40 Haydock (15 @Sportingbet). We get 4' date='5 for place (3,6 on Betfair). With Robo (1.10 Haydock, 51 @Sportingbet) it makes nice crazy bet...[/quote'] I've missed the price on Robbo now. :( There are a few in the 12.40 I might have gone for. I'll just take two ... A. Five Colours 12.40 Haydock (SP) B. Jeremy Cuddleduck 12.40 Haydock (SP) C. Creme Brulee 3.10 Wolverhampton (SP) D. Oneiro Way 3.10 Wolverhampton (SP) E. Vinando 4.25 Wincanton (SP) Bets: All 8 doubles.