Notifications Icon...

Just now, harry_rag said:

So if you click the pop up is displayed so you can see the notifications and click on one to go to the post if you wish? (Whereas we see it for a split second and get taken to the full page listing all our notifications).

Can I ask you both what result you get on messages? I get the same outcome as with notifications, brief pop up then taken to messages page. I assume @Torque gets the same outcome but @Fader sees the pop up and has the luxury of looking at the messages and clicking on one if you wish?

@harry_rag sounds to me that you don't have the problem to be honest. For @Torque when he clicks the notifications, it goes full screen without even clicking on anything. That's different to what is supposed to happen. Goes full screen once you click on a notification

1 minute ago, Fader said:

@harry_rag sounds to me that you don't have the problem to be honest. For @Torque when he clicks the notifications, it goes full screen without even clicking on anything. That's different to what is supposed to happen. Goes full screen once you click on a notification

I appreciate the 3-way chat has got a bit disjointed but I'm pretty sure we've got the same issue and have had historically. We hover on the icon, nothing (this may be expected). We click on it and the pop-up is displayed for a split second before we are taken to a full page listing all our notifications. I assume the expected outcome (and what you get) is that the pop up remains displayed and you don't go anywhere else unless you click on a specific notification. So what we're getting (if different to others) is taken to a different page when we just want to view the pop up.

I've signed in and out and tried another browser and got the same result. I'm not inclined to delete cookies as I assume that would sign me out of most sites and that would be more hassle than it's worth. 

Cheers for having a go, I guess we'll just have to write it off as a mystery and put up with it.

1 minute ago, harry_rag said:

I appreciate the 3-way chat has got a bit disjointed but I'm pretty sure we've got the same issue and have had historically. We hover on the icon, nothing (this may be expected). We click on it and the pop-up is displayed for a split second before we are taken to a full page listing all our notifications. I assume the expected outcome (and what you get) is that the pop up remains displayed and you don't go anywhere else unless you click on a specific notification. So what we're getting (if different to others) is taken to a different page when we just want to view the pop up.

I've signed in and out and tried another browser and got the same result. I'm not inclined to delete cookies as I assume that would sign me out of most sites and that would be more hassle than it's worth. 

Cheers for having a go, I guess we'll just have to write it off as a mystery and put up with it.

OK, I understand. What you get is the same as me. I do remember it may have been a bit different but I'm not sure in a notification there is anything you're missing to NOT click it, if that makes sense. What I mean is, I click notifications and I can see Harry Rag has quoted you on and then I click it anyway to be able to action anything.

I assume that's why loads of people are not moaning so much about it. No need to clear anything down. I also got that result, which I assumed was normal.

We may be not too far away from a forum upgrade soon. It may change the way it's dealt with through that update 🤞

4 minutes ago, Torque said:

I can't understand the functionality of that at all. Surely it's either drop-down menu or full screen, not one followed by the other.

When I get a moment, I'll record a video to show you what I get. Will be easier. 

10 minutes ago, Fader said:

When I get a moment, I'll record a video to show you what I get. Will be easier. 

These pictures should cover it, see if you are getting the same as us,

image.jpeg

1 - hover the cursor over the icon nothing happens. My recollection is that this previously caused the pop up to appear.

image.png

3 -  having seen the pop-up for a split second we get taken to this page listing our entire history of notifications. This is not the desired outcome. The desired outcome is to see the pop-up, click on one of the notifications if we want to or remain on the original page if not. It's a minor inconvenience but it's either an error or a sub-optimum outcome if intentional.

3 minutes ago, Torque said:

Round of applause for @harry_rag that is exactly what I get and it makes no sense for it to be like that.

Indeed, one way or another the pop up should remain displayed and be possible to interact with. We’re being taken directly to “all notifications” and I’ve just noticed there’s a link for that at the bottom of the pop up. You’d have to be The Flash to click that or anything in the pop up in the split second it’s displayed for.