** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

New Season

I'm trying to see how many weeks of games there are left to determine whether we can get another 8, 9 or 10 week season in.  I would prefer to take one week break now to get the results sorted and new Divisions set up if possible, but we might just need to power on through!  There are plenty of weeks left of Premier league games which has rather misled me, but the lower Divisions look like they finish a few weeks earlier.  I can't see the fixtures ahead for the European leagues, can anyone tell me when they run until?  There is an International Break week coming up at the end of this month when only the lower leagues continue so we most likely will need to skip that.

Bear in mind some of those 'gameweeks' are mid-week fixtures.

If we count the next two weekends before the international break,
there are 11 weekend sets in the Prem (5 in April, four in May).

8 in the Championship (2 in March, 5 in April, ONE in May). They're
jamming a lot of matches mid-week.

9 in League 1 (3 in March, 5 in April, 1 in May). Ditto on the mid-weeks.

9 in League 2 (3 in March, 5 in April, 1 in May). Same, same.

Scotland has 5 (ONE in March, 4 in April)

Bundesliga has 11 (2 in March, 5 in April, 4 in May)

La Liga has 10 (2 in March, 5 in April, 3 in May)

Ligue 1 has 12 (2 in March, 5 in April, 4 in May, 1 in June)

Serie A has 12 (2 in March, 5 in April, 4 in May, 1 in June)

Info from soccerstats, just trawl through 'matches'.

Bloody hell, I need a cup of tea after that.

I'd suggest one of the following options, having just had a look at the fixtures.

• Take a one week break and go again from the 18th of March for a 10 week season ending on the weekend of the 27th May (final week of Prem) with a break for the International weekend 25th March
  • Or take a 3 week break (rather than play a single week before the International break) and start on 1st April for a 9 week season (same end week)

Either way, the fixtures are going to thin out as the Scottish and lower English leagues finish a few weeks earlier than the rest.

Brilliant, cheers all, I'll take a look at soccerstats.  Looks like I'll be at home on a snow day tomorrow so I should get season 2 results wrapped up and new Divisions sorted, and I'll make a decision on weeks.  Don't want to go out with a wimper but if we have Prem plus all the Europeans it should work ok.

2 hours ago, avongirl said:

Brilliant, cheers all, I'll take a look at soccerstats.  Looks like I'll be at home on a snow day tomorrow so I should get season 2 results wrapped up and new Divisions sorted, and I'll make a decision on weeks.  Don't want to go out with a wimper but if we have Prem plus all the Europeans it should work ok.

Portugese League @avongirl  :)

Thank you for all the input, it's been really helpful.  I think we all deserve a week's rest so we will restart on weekend of 17/18/19/20 March. 

We'll have to take a 1 week break the week after due to the unfortunate timing of the International Break, but it looks like we can then run through to end of May and have another 10 week competition.  We will lose the Scottish Prem league half way in, but I can put the Championship in for a couple of weeks after that.   We'll have 7 weeks of EFL and then presumably a few weekend play off matches at least.  I'll add in Portuguese Primeira Liga from May.

:ok

We still have spaces left to join in this season so as we have an enforced break next week I'll leave it open to join until leg 2 beginning of April.  There will be no penalty for a no show in leg 1 so elimination rule will apply if you don't play in 6 weeks of the 9 following legs. :ok

8 hours ago, avongirl said:

We still have spaces left to join in this season so as we have an enforced break next week I'll leave it open to join until leg 2 beginning of April.  There will be no penalty for a no show in leg 1 so elimination rule will apply if you don't play in 6 weeks of the 9 following legs. :ok

So 5 no shows available?

2 hours ago, Xcout said:

The it would be if you don't play in 3 of the 9 following legs?

I’ll have a go. No penalty for missing week one. You have to play at least 6 of the remaining 9 weeks. You would be out if you missed 3 of those weeks in a row. So a maximum of 4 no shows if you missed week one and 3 other non-consecutive weeks. All subject to ratification by the boss of course, but that’s my take.

On 3/19/2023 at 7:40 PM, harry_rag said:

I’ll have a go. No penalty for missing week one. You have to play at least 6 of the remaining 9 weeks. You would be out if you missed 3 of those weeks in a row. So a maximum of 4 no shows if you missed week one and 3 other non-consecutive weeks. All subject to ratification by the boss of course, but that’s my take.

Perfect :ok thanks.