** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis Tips - February 20 - February 26

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina to beat Constant Lestienne at 1.50 with William Hill

Fokina looked very good to me despite losing against Medvedev, and this is a tournament he should care about. Miles ahead of Lestienne in terms of talent, and the conditions aren't quick enough for Lestienne to have any sort of advantage in that regard imo. Good luck this week guys!

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina to beat Soon Woo Kwon at 1.71 with Unibet

Going with Fokina again, as I liked him in the first match and as Kwon wasn't too impressive against the relative newcomer from Jordan.

As for Rublev, @raduvlad1995, Rublev likes this tournament, and I'm pretty sure that he'll try hard to win. I wouldn't want to back him at these odds, obviously, and you are either backing Griekspoor or nothing at all, but I wouldn't be too happy with 3.25. You can find almost 4.00 at some bookies!

Stan Wawrinka to beat Arthur Fils at 1.80 with William Hill

Well, Davidovich Fokina is out, so I have to find someone new to back this week! Fils is in a really good form at the moment, but Wawrinka is capable of finding wins against these younger players, and he's playing his heart out this week, so I'm willing to give it a shot at these odds. I was expecting something closer to 1.57, so 1.80 certainly does the trick for me.

I ll take fills to take a set. Stan is my favorite player, but the youngster has the type of game that can annoy stan, big serve which will be hard to handle by stans mediocre return and also fills has big groundstrokes that will be hard to defend by wawrinka , also fills is gonna play his heart out himself in front of a french crowd.

No bet in Marseille for me today..

Barbora Krejcikova to beat Jessica Pegula at 2.45 with Unibet

I'm gonna have a try on Dubai with Barbora Krejcikova to beat Pegula. Jessica hasn't looked good this week but Barbora is out for something big here. I can see that by the way she plays or has played in Dubai. When her game is on it's very hard to beat her and it looks on to me.

In WTA Merida I'll try Cocciaretto and Mcnally to win their respective matches at 1.95 for Elisabetta and Caty at 1.78

Seong Chan Hong to beat (-1.5 sets) Toby Alex Kodat at 2.70 with Unibet

I'm also gonna have a go with Seong Chan Hong on Challenger Rome. Hong is looking pretty unstoppable so far and has been very good last 6 months. He has a good consistency now and should keep it up here since Kodat isn't very spectacular and his results this week hasn't been very impressive.

Camila Giorgi to beat (-1.5 sets) Sloane Stephens at 2.63 with Unibet

Also gonna have a go at Camila in Merida. These two have met eachother 5 times and 4 of those have been on hardcourts, 3 outside the US and this is the fourth on hard outside US. Camila has won in straight sets very easy all 3 times on hard outside US. Sloane won 11 years ago, a result I wouldn't read too much into and she won on clay in RG in 3 sets. My bet will be Camila to win this once again in 2 sets as the italian could easily run away with it. Also Sloane didn't look convincing in her win over Gracheva in 3. Camila has looked good enough for a straight set win here.

2 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Camila Giorgi to beat (-1.5 sets) Sloane Stephens at 2.63 with Unibet

Also gonna have a go at Camila in Merida. These two have met eachother 5 times and 4 of those have been on hardcourts, 3 outside the US and this is the fourth on hard outside US. Camila has won in straight sets very easy all 3 times on hard outside US. Sloane won 11 years ago, a result I wouldn't read too much into and she won on clay in RG in 3 sets. My bet will be Camila to win this once again in 2 sets as the italian could easily run away with it. Also Sloane didn't look convincing in her win over Gracheva in 3. Camila has looked good enough for a straight set win here.

Sloane Stephens in altitude... I wouldn't go against her. If the WTA played their entire season in altitude, Sloane Stephens would be a top 10 player.

I would probably go with Bublik against Hurkacz today at 2.3 or at least to win a set at 1.55. Watched the matches of both players on this tournament and Hurkacz doesn't look the same as last year. He is playing fine but he looks slow and is not making much winners. Bublik on the other hand won against Grisho with many aces and a lot of short balls which are going to be hard for Hurkacz I think. If Bublik doesn't make so much unforced errors I think he is the more in form player rn. 

9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Really looking forward to Krejcikova - Swiatek...Krejcikova has been really impressive recently, and 6.00+ is an insult, really.

The disrespect to hang a 6/1 number on the only person to beat Iga in a final since the pandemic...

Krejcikova beat the #1, #2 & #3 at the same tournament. She joins Venus, Serena, Graf and Sabalenka among those who have accomplished that. 

Ashlyn Krueger to beat Erika Andreeva at 1.84 with Unibet

Should be a close match according to the odds, but I think that Krueger should be a bigger favorite after her dominant performance against Bejlek yesterday. Andreeva struggled to get past a weaker player, meantime, so I'm not that positive about her chances.