** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Non-League Predictions - 7th February

Darran

Halifax v Barnet
Oldham really didn't make it very hard for Halifax to win on Saturday as they managed just one shot in the entire game. Halifax still had to rely on a rebound from a penalty for the winning goal though and I still wouldn't have them as turning the corner. Barnet continued their impressive run of form by winning 3-1 at Scunthorpe on Friday night. That is a decent effort given the new owner and new manger will have really got the crowd going. I just don't understand how Barnet aren't clear favourites for this as they are certainly the better side and they are unbeaten in 10 league games. Indeed in their last 10 games they have recorded 26 points which is the same as Wrexham and Notts County. They have also sneaked into contention for 3rd place. Their average xG for the season is just 1.25 yet their average goals per games is 1.93. That ought to be unsustainable, but they have just been so clinical all season and crucially at the moment they aren't conceding goals either with just 4 scored against them in that run of 10 games.

Maidenhead v Southend
Fair play to the Southend players to still be getting as many points as they are given all the off the field issues and it seems like they haven't been paid for January yet. There is a real risk they could be forced out of business at the start of March as well. They won on Saturday, but they were playing a York side who also have issues of their own at the moment. Maidenhead look to be coming out of the other side of a bad run of form although they haven't always been playing that badly and at home they continue to be strong including giving Notts County a big scare. This is just the type of game that Maidenhead thrive in and whilst Southend should be favs I think there is value in the price about a home win.

Oldham v Dagenham & Redbridge
Dagenham weren't ones to trust away from home earlier in the season, but that has picked up since they beat Chesterfield away and actually at the moment you would have to say they have been better away than at home. They lost on Saturday 1-0 at Wealdstone, but they had so many chances that they really ought to have got at least a point. As I have mentioned above Oldham stunk the place out on Saturday and if they play like that again there is only going to be one winner. Dagenham are too big a price not to back here.

Taunton v Dulwich
One bet at Step 2 tonight comes in this game. Dulwich can't stop leaking goals and have conceded 18 in their last 6 and have lost five of those. Even in the game they won they conceded twice. Whenever I write about Dulwich I always mention the strange choice of manager and it really does seem his inexperience is showing at the moment. Taunton have only lost once at home all season and even managed to beat Havant last week in their first loss on their travels all season. Taunton surprisingly beat Eastbourne 3-0 on Saturday and if they continue in that form then they should be picking up another 3 points here.

Barnet 2pts @ 7/4 with William Hill and Betfred (take up to 5/4)
Maidenhead 1pt @ 14/5 with Bet365, Coral, Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to 9/4)
Dagenham & Redbridge 2pts @ 11/5 with Paddy Power, Betfair and Ladbrokes (you can get bigger on Betfair exchange and with Coral take up to 7/4)
Taunton 2pts @ 13/10 with Paddy Power, Betfair, William Hill and Ladbrokes (take up to Evs)