** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

NFL - Week 9

PercyP

NFL Week 9 Predictions

Can you believe it is week 9, already?  After these games we will be half way through the regular season.

(1) LA Charges to win ATS -3.0 points @ 5/6

Justin Herbert suffered fractured rib cartilage in week 2 and has probably played in pain for a few weeks. Fully rested after the bye I expect him to drive the Chargers to victory.

(2) Cardinals to win ATS -2.0 points @ 10/11

Despite losing to the Seahawks 19-9 two weeks ago, I am taking the Cardinals to get their revenge at home. The Seahawks defence has let in 27,45,39 and 23 points away from Seattle. With DeAndre Hopkins back in the line-up I am expecting more points from the Cardinals.

(3)Bills to win ATS -12.5 points @ 10/11

The Bills are showing the best form in the NFL and should be too strong for a depleted Jets team. Bills won 45-17 here last season.

(4) Bucs to win ATS -3.0 points @ 20/21

Tom Brady has been sacked 13 times in 8 games (1.6 per game). Matthew Stafford has been sacked 24 times in 7 games (3.4 per game). This stat together with home advantage and the Rams injury list should see the Bucs win.

(5)Vikings to win ATS -3.5 points @ 10/11

The Vikings offence which features Justin JeffersonAdam ThielenDalvin Cook and Kirk Cousins has recently been further strengthened by acquiring T.J. Hockenson from Detroit.

Bet:

10 x 1 point trebles

5 x 3 point 4 timers

5 point accumulator

30 points staked

All prices Bet365

(6) Colts to win ATS +5.5 points @ 10/11

The Patriots usual win against rookie QB’s at Foxborough, but I have a feeling the Colts are better than their record indicates.

(7) Titans to win ATS +12.5 points @ 10/11

Titans are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games at Kansas City, so the spread looks appealing. Derrick Henry running the ball will keep Mahomes off the pitch.

(8) Bears to win ATS +5.0 points @ 10/11

Chicago is known as the windy city which will not play to the Dolphins main strength the pass game. I expect the Bears to play ugly and keep it close.

(9) Raiders to win ATS -1.5points @ 10/11

After their awful performance against the Saints, the Raiders season is on the line. This is a must win game.

(10) Packers to win ATS -3.5 points @10/11

The Lions have not won since beating the Washington Commanders, 36-27, in Week 2. Aaron Rodgers should eek out the win.

Bet:

10 x 0.5 point trebles

5 x 1.5 point 4 timers

2.5 point accumulator

15 points staked

Two for me this week that I like, both with Bet365

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1.68

Play at home against the L.A. Rams who have been pretty average this season after last season's heroics. The Bucs will be motivated to get their season back on track.

Los Angeles Chargers 1.71

Play away against the Atlanta Falcons. Chargers went on a decent 3 game winning streak before losing to Seattle last time. A rest week last week will preferably see their players rejuvenated healing any knocks and will take advantage over the Falcons who had a tough overtime game last time out.

These are my bets for tonight.

Diggs (Buffalo) at 11/10 with Hills

Williams (Detroit) at 11/8 with Fred

Walker (Seattle) at evens with 365 (Only allowed half of my already modest stake on that one)

Ekeler (LA Chargers) at 8/11 and Jacobs (Las Vegas) at 10/11 double with Fred (opted to play the 2 odds on shots as a double)

Henry (Tennessee) ok at evens with 365 but trying to get a bit better on BF.

NFL Week 9 Results

After the excitement of last week’s win, I came into week 9 full of optimism for another successful week. What a disappointment. Who could have predicted the Jets winning? Brady and Rodgers both fail to win yet again. Raiders throw away a 17 point lead and the Vikings win but lose against the spread by 0.5 points.

Week 9 Record W2 D2 L6 – 45.00 points staked - no return for a weekly loss of 45.00 points.

The YTD record is now: Total selections 90 – W35 D5 L50 staked 405.00 returned 443.82 for an overall profit of 38.82 points.

(1) LA Charges to win ATS -3.0 points @ 5/6 - Draw = LA Chargers win by 3 (20-17)

Justin Herbert suffered fractured rib cartilage in week 2 and has probably played in pain for a few weeks. Fully rested after the bye I expect him to drive the Chargers to victory. Not pretty.

(2) Cardinals to win ATS -2.0 points @ 10/11- Lost =Seattle win 31-21

With DeAndre Hopkins back in the line-up I am expecting more points from the Cardinals. Didn’t expect more points for Seattle. DeAndre Hopkins also went invisible after an early touchdown. 

(3)Bills to win ATS -12.5 points @ 10/11 – Lost = Upset of the century Jets beat Bills 20-17

The Bills are showing the best form in the NFL and should be too strong for a depleted Jets team. How wrong can you be?

(4) Bucs to win ATS -3.0 points @ 20/21- Draw = Bucs win by 3 (16-13)

Tom Brady has been sacked 13 times in 8 games (1.6 per game). Matthew Stafford has been sacked 24 times in 7 games (3.4 per game). This stat together with home advantage and the Rams injury list should see the Bucs win. They did but only by stealing the game by 3.

(5)Vikings to win ATS -3.5 points @ 10/11 – Lost = Vikings win by 3 (20-17)

The Vikings offence which features Justin JeffersonAdam ThielenDalvin Cook and Kirk Cousins has recently been further strengthened by acquiring T.J. Hockenson from Detroit. Kirk Cousins said after the game that his team needs to win more convincingly, if only.

(6) Colts to win ATS +5.5 points @ 10/11- Lost = Patriots comfortable win 26-3

The Patriots usual win against rookie QB’s at Foxborough, but I have a feeling the Colts are better than their record indicates. Rookie QB Sam Ehlinger was sacked nine times

(7) Titans to win ATS +12.5 points @ 10/11- Won = Titans lose in overtime 20-17

Titans are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games at Kansas City, so the spread looks appealing. Derrick Henry running the ball will keep Mahomes off the pitch. Derrick Henry rushed for 114 yards and two touchdowns

(8) Bears to win ATS +5.0 points @ 10/11- Won = Bears keep it close 32-35

Chicago is known as the windy city which will not play to the Dolphins main strength the pass game. I expect the Bears to play ugly and keep it close. Both sides offensives played well in what was the most exciting game of the week. Chicago QB Justin Fields became the first player in NFL history with three passing TDs and over 150 rushing yards in the same game.

(9) Raiders to win ATS -1.5points @ 10/11- Lost = Jags come from behind to win 27-20

After their awful performance against the Saints, the Raiders season is on the line. This is a must win game. The Raiders blew a 17 point lead and didn’t score in the second half.

(10) Packers to win ATS -3.5 points @10/11 – Lost = Oh Aaron!

The Lions have not won since beating the Washington Commanders, 36-27, in Week 2. Aaron Rodgers should eek out the win. Having been a big fan of Aaron Rodgers it appears time is catching up with him. He threw three interceptions and the Packers have now lost five on the bounce.

3 hours ago, harry_rag said:

I put 3 other requests up which I didn't really expect to get matched (on Olave, Likely and Duvernay) but most has been matched for the latter at 4.4.

Matched on both Olave and Duvernay at 4.4. I doubt Likely will live up to his name in terms of getting matched, given the price I've asked for!

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

One of those weeks with the unmatched Likely the only TD scorer. At the price it would’ve returned a small net profit had the bet been taken.

Hard lines mate. Like you say, just one of those rounds.

Looking at the positives, you still identified plenty of TD scorers, so take heart from that for sure.