European Championships 2022

Fader

The European Championships get going on Friday for another weekend of Darting action. After winning a maiden title at the Players Championships on Sunday, Josh Rock as come in to just 20/1 to win this event. Rob Cross is the defending champion. Somehow they are a similar price. Much will depend on if Rock brings his "behind closed doors" game to the big stage of ITV4. For me, that's too much pressure on the guy.

I quite liked the look of Clayton in this at 14/1 but I've left it and gone for some bigger prices purely because I think, for example, Chisnall is 40/1 and you look at the two. I'm not sure current form is that far apart.

Here's what I've gone for :

1.5pts e/w Heta to win Euro Championships 20/1 bet365
1.5pts e/w Cross to win Euro Championships 22/1 skybet
--------------------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w Chisnall to win Euro Championships 40/1 bet365
--------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Dobey to win Euro Championships 80/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w R.Smith to win Euro Championships 150/1 bet365

probably the easiest bet winner of the year. Surprising that 8/11 was offered on that. Semi-Final draw for tonight

DVD Vs Smith
Dobey Vs R.Smith

The perfect Semi-Final for anybody following the outright picks and a real good one too. An 80/1 in Dobey Vs a 150/1 in Ross Smith. Whichever the outcome, there will be a minimum of 40/1 payout but who will the winner play? In the other Semi-final i reckon DVD is worth a bet. He hit a 50% checkout in his win over Noppert compared to Smiths 40% in his win over Humphries. 

3pts DVD to beat Smith evens paddypower

I think Dobey looks the better of the two other semi-finalists. He is hitting the 180s like mad right now and I think I will go Dobey to beat Smith and hit the most 180s. Smith was off his game massively against Wright and was looking like potentially losing 10-2 at one point and so as fantastic as it is for him to be in the semi-finals, I reckon he goes out tonight and we see Dobey make the final.

5pts Dobey to beat R.Smith 4/5 paddypower
2.5pts Dobey to beat R.Smith and most 180s 17/5 bet365

• Fader changed the title to European Championships 2022