** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Oct 7th - 9th

QPR vs Reading FC

2022-10-07T21:00+02:00

QPR

Doubtful: Seny Dieng (12/1 g), George Thomas (1/0 m), Niko Hamalainen (2/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Chris Willock (9/6 f, top scorer), Taylor Richards (1/0 m)

Suspended: -

Reading FC

Doubtful: Andy Yiadom (11/0 d, captain)

Out (injuries/other): Shane Long (8/1 f, illness), Naby Sarr (2/1 d), Femi Azeez (0/0 m), Liam Moore (0/0 d), Baba Rahman (3/0 d), Scott Dann (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
QPR
5 home games
Reading FC
5 away games
1.4 Goals scored per game 0.4
1.0 Goals conceded per game 1.8
20% Clean sheets 40%
60% Team scored 40%
40% Team scored twice 0%
0% Scored in both halves 0%
40% Goal in both halves 20%

Wigan vs Cardiff

The weekly prediction roulette that is the Championship continues for another week as I look at Wigan versus Cardiff in a 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon from the DW Stadium. These two sides are currently sat in mid-table mediocrity but that doesn't say a lot about this division when there's only a win or two separating them from the play-offs and the relegation spaces.

Wigan stormed to the League One title last season yet many had them down as potential strugglers. The owners put little to no investment into the team as they came up but head coach Leam Richardson has worked wonders by keeping faith in the players that did the business last season. The Latics are in 12th position and only 2 points off the play-off spots with a game in hand on most of the teams above them. Strangely, home form has blighted their season so far with the club failing to pick up a league win in front of their own fans this season with 2 losses and 3 draws from their 5 home league matches so far. The fact the team have only scored 3 goals at home in the league this season also shows you where the root of their problems in getting the wins on home turf lie.

Cardiff surprised me with an accomplished display at home against a very average Blackburn team in midweek. The same old problems of failing to make dominant possession and positioning in the opposition final third count. Luckily, a combination of a 1 in every 20 games Mark Harris goal and Ryan Allsop making up for his own indiscretion at the end helped us get the win. Questions also need to be asked about the referee's judgement when he failed to spot Perry Ng's kick at Sam Gallagher in the area and Gallagher's retaliatory lash out plus Blackburn netting a second after the ref blew for a penalty. It's easy to see why Jon Dahl Tomasson wasn't happy but, if we're being honest, his team hadn't done enough to take anything from the game overall. Mark Hudson continues in his role as caretaker head coach and I'm still not sold on what we're doing since Morison's departure. We need to create more space, we need more movement off the ball, and we need to stop slowly passing it over short distances up until the penalty area which leads to no space being available in the final third.

I have to say, I'm still not convinced we'll get anything from our games right now. I really hope Hudson proves me wrong but we appear to still be failing to address the issues that have hampered us all season in the final third. Wigan are also struggling to score at home so this has all the hallmarks of a low-scoring bore fest. We generally have a poor record against Wigan down the years having failed to win any of the last 4 meetings and only winning 2 of the previous 17 encounters. I would definitely take a draw tomorrow and, if by some miracle, we do scab a win then maybe I'll start to feel I got Hudson wrong. I'm not optimistic though and Wigan really should be looking to win this one.

Draw @ 3.25 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.63 with SBK