Racing Chat - Monday 26th September.

kensland

Newcastle. 

Single. 

7.00. Emirates Voice.   13/2

Double. 

3.10. Ffos. Royal Thunder.          4/1.. Nr.   entered 7.00.Kempton Wednesday. 

1.05. Ham. Lord P.                      9/2..... 3rd 

singles & double 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Towards the end of the season I like to look for once-raced two year olds in maiden and novice races who might improve a lot for their debut runs and who might just be late maturing staying types who were waiting for the 7 furlong plus races. You#re looking for next years middle distance horses who couldn't compete against 2yo sprinters but might blossom in th last month or two of the season given a trip and some slower ground

Given that there's a lack of information about these horses 'cos they haven't got much form in the book I'm only interested in EW shots

So found a couple today

Down Royal 3.15 - La Tulip Noire - EW at 33/1 bet365

Finished 8th on debut but showed promise .... behind early, made headway mid-race, tired in the last furlong. The winner has gone on to be beaten less than a length in a group 3 and the horses that finishd 4th and 10th both won next time out

Newcastle 6.00 - Balalaika - EW at 18/1 bet365

Unfortunately a non runner since I looked at this race means only 2 places now. The horse finished last in a small field on debut and the form hasn't worked out that well. He ran OK, in touch, made headway, faded in the finish. That was nearly two months ago so he's had time to strenghen up and the yard has had 4 winners in the last fortnight. More of a hunch selection than anything else !

Focussed on just a few races today

Strongest looking selections:

2.48 Ham Beautiful Secret 7/2 @The Brigadier

3.23 Ham Stunning Beauty 9/2 @The Brigadierew selection at 11/2

1 x 3 pt win double = poss return of 74.25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singles and savers

2.48 Ham Spanish 4.02 at 2.78 = 11.03 ret, +Beautiful secret 1.50 win at 4/1

3.23 Ham Imdemnify 2 pts win at 3.85, Stunning Beauty 1.2 win at 5.7 and Crownthorpe 0.60 ew at 12/1 @black rabbit

4.03 N Abb The Height Of Fame 2 pts win at 4.6 @The Brigadierand 1 pt win on Maroochi at 3.70 saver (backed off the boards but looks to have a good chance even so)

Total stakes 15.92 

--------------------------------------------------

Got a "yard" gamble tip on my phone from someone I don't know.  This was for Shahnaz at 9/4 in the 4.33 Hamilton  This is a now 5/2 favourite in an 11 runner class 5 event.  I won't be backing it but if it is in anyone's tracker they may want to take a look

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS UPDATE

My double failed but my cover bets meant that I made a small profit of 1.63 (A dead heat in the 4.03 at Newton Abbot.

My MTD is +114.67 and YTD -181.90

There are a few open class 4 and upwards races tomorrow so I hope that I have some better opportunities than I did today

Edited by The Equaliser

7 hours ago, Trotter said:

Towards the end of the season I like to look for once-raced two year olds in maiden and novice races who might improve a lot for their debut runs and who might just be late maturing staying types who were waiting for the 7 furlong plus races. You#re looking for next years middle distance horses who couldn't compete against 2yo sprinters but might blossom in th last month or two of the season given a trip and some slower ground

Given that there's a lack of information about these horses 'cos they haven't got much form in the book I'm only interested in EW shots

So found a couple today

Down Royal 3.15 - La Tulip Noire - EW at 33/1 bet365

Finished 8th on debut but showed promise .... behind early, made headway mid-race, tired in the last furlong. The winner has gone on to be beaten less than a length in a group 3 and the horses that finishd 4th and 10th both won next time out

Newcastle 6.00 - Balalaika - EW at 18/1 bet365

Unfortunately a non runner since I looked at this race means only 2 places now. The horse finished last in a small field on debut and the form hasn't worked out that well. He ran OK, in touch, made headway, faded in the finish. That was nearly two months ago so he's had time to strenghen up and the yard has had 4 winners in the last fortnight. More of a hunch selection than anything else !

La Tulipe Noire - PLACED 40/1

Balalaika - WON 20/1

Obviously I put the wrong one in the Naps competition .......... ?