WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone ^ yeh haha was just testing to see if anyone was awake on here :eyes and i agree andycoull Scotland are very hard to predict and this game against Norway could go any way we usually play better against bigger opposition and when our backs are against the wall, this is a back against the wall job, and it'll be entirely how motivated Walter can get the guys and how well we perform on the night our poorness at set plays scares me when the likes of Carew will be playing

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone Agree England should see off NI but England have a habit of making hard work of these things. I watched the whole of the NI/Germany match live on TV. It was 1-1 at half time, Northern Ireland were playing well and Germany had a man sent off. The BBC persuaded the German Assistant Manager to come on. The presenters could hardly keep the smirk off their faces as they suggested to him that Germany might be in trouble in the second half. The German remained totally calm and said he expected his side to go on and win the match. They did 4-1 as I remember, NI completely folded in the 2nd half. Also Croatia should win as they are desperate to stay ahead of the Swedes. And Poland who are desperate to stay ahead of England.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone Norway are at a crazy price of 1.70. They are missing a few players, including Morton Gamst-Pederson, and are having troubles up front. They have apparently asked Egid Ostenstad (sp?) to come into the squad. He wouldn't even get close to the Scotland squand, and their strikers are terrible. I think all the value in this game lies with Scotland +1 at 2.25. I'd avoid Israel. Going to the Faroes isn't as easy as it used to be and it could easily kill you line. Avoiding Russia Portugal as well ... Russia can be a very good team, but as always, they are a bit unpredictable. They will want revenge for their humiliation in Portugal though where they were beaten something like 7-1. Just remember Portugal have basically qualified, they will want a draw out of this game. Moskva isn't the easiest place in the world to go to and holding a 5 point lead with only a couple games left (home to Liechtenstein & Latvia), a draw is more than enough to see them through. England, Poland and Croatia are the obvious bankers. Decent priced treble. Yet again the bookies haven't learned about Moldova. They are a good home side, have only lost to Italy by 1-0, and will be value with a goal start. 1.8 is available and I think that is a fantastic price after their 2-0 home victory at the weekend. Liechtenstein - 2 or 3 goals will be very good value. When you don't win too often you are going to enjoy humping a team when you get the chance. Should be fairly safe. France are attractive as well. They have to start winning to try and avoid a play-off or even going out. Italy took care of Ireland in a friendly last month and France have improved, so should take care of Ireland at a decent price. That is all that jumps out at me, but I think that Moldova +1 is the best bet available this midweek.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone The price available for France is not good and I don't even think they can beat Ireland away. It's always bad for one's betting bank to judge a team based on one result (Ireland-Italy 1-2), so do you remember this: Israel 2-2 (Q) china 1-0 (f) Portugal 1-0 (f) Croatia 1-0 (f) Faroe Isl 2-0 (Q) Cyprus 3-0 (Q) Bulgaria 1-1 (f) Jamaica 1-0 (f) Romania 1-0 (f) Czech 2-1 (f) Brazil 0-0 (f) Canada 3-0 (f) Turkey 2-2 (f) Russia 1-1 (Q) Australia 2-1 (f) Georgia 2-0 (Q) Albania 2-1 (Q) Norway 1-0 (f) Switzerland 1-2 (Q) - October 16 / 2002 A list of the home matches of Ireland before the Italy game until they lost last time a home game. I might have made a mistake but I think there's all. I would never like to bet for France (even there was value to be had) here who are still overrated because of the two champs in a row and could not even beat Ireland in the home match. In my opinion: if there's a team that has improved during the past years it's definitely Ireland. France had their time of success years ago when all the players were on perfect form & age but the team has gone down since then and IMO are not going up soon.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone Serbia & Montenegro(7.50 at WillHill) & cover with Draw(3.60) This is a pure value.I really can see no reasons why we shouldn't be able to take something from this game with the current form.Spain have shown nothing special so far to deserve these odds. Probable lineup: Serbia & Montenegro: Jevric(Ankaraspor) - Gavrancic(Dynamo Kiev), Krstajic(Schalke 04), Vidic(Spartak Moscow), Dragutinovic(FC Sevilla) - Stankovic(Inter Milan), Ilic(Galatasaray), Duljaj(Shakhtar Donetsk), Djordjevic(Olympiakos) - Milosevic(Osasuna), Kezman(Atletico Madrid) According to S&M newspapers, coach Ilija Petkovic may give a chance to Kovacevic(Red Star) or Zvonimir Vukic(Portsmouth), but I really doubt he'll risk too much in this moment.Another possible starter is Ognjen Koroman, but Saturday's lineup looked pretty organized, so it's very unlikely he'll make some wholesale changes.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone Hi guys. Here's some news from Italy: Del Piero, who was supposed to play tomorrow against Belarus, is out due to a knee injury, and so Luca Toni will probably play instead of him. There's a big pressure on the team for tomorrow match: Italy never won an away match in these WC Quals, and tomorrow will be the last chance and, considering that Belarus is already out from WC, there are good chances for an Italian win.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone Rep. of Ireland +0,5 handicap has got up to 1,825 at Pointbet which is an absolutely rewarding price. France are never 40% favs here and bigger-than-usual probability for the draw drops their chances too. That means the +0,5 handicap for the home team is at least 60% = me likey. That's a cracking bet and nothing too serious on the teams news either on my knowledge.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone I know that what I am going to write may be quite strange, but it is very important IMO. Everyone talk about banker which is Poland. And now I am 100% sure that it will be OK. Why ?? Yesterday players from Wales was seen in one of Warsaw pub`s...there were also polish players, but there was one difference...Poland drank juice and Wales beer :D It shows how our opponents come to the game :rollin And odd about 1.30 on Poland is VERY good. GL :hope

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone

I know that what I am going to write may be quite strange' date=' but it is very important IMO. Everyone talk about banker which is [b']Poland. And now I am 100% sure that it will be OK. Why ?? Yesterday players from Wales was seen in one of Warsaw pub`s...there were also polish players, but there was one difference...Poland drank juice and Wales beer :D It shows how our opponents come to the game :rollin And odd about 1.30 on Poland is VERY good. GL :hope
Beer is our version of 'juice' - if we weren't taking it seriously it would've been straight spirits!:rollin seriously tho, as a Welshman I have to say :wall and :cry

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone 2 certs to win are sweden and switzerland but requires a sizeable bet to pay good returns. Slovakia also have the chance to go 2nd in their group, with the russia - portugal game on mind - slovenia also have a great motivation to win in moldova. got a sneeky fiver on Scotland, Lux and macedonia - either of these teams can win, especially at the odds given - were now talking of LIECHENSTEIN !!! at 1/5 on !!!!!! neither them or lux are anything in football terms and ladbrokes 9/1 is worth a wee fluter - scotland arent the team they where and with the confidence up here now, norway are not to be touched in at 1/2 - finland couldnt beat andorra ! and the fiver paying £2000 :notworthy is worth a fun bet if nothing else. Georgia's last minute goal done me for 300 at the weekend against ukraine who I thought would blow them away :wall Turkey are the shout here albeit the bookies have chopped the legs from the 5/2 that was available in some quarters on sunday. Sweden and Switzerland are the 2 nailed-on teams though the level of stake will have to be raised from the norm !

Some news regarding the Welsh Line up..... Cardiff City midfielder Jason Koumas could line up for Wales in Poland on Wednesday evening.
239316-1.jpg
John Toshack could make 4 changes to the side that narrowly lost to England. Up front Robert Earnshaw will replace the suspended John Hartson (I hope they remember to change tactics) and at the back James Collins is set to replace Robert Page. Another defensive change could see Rob Edwards replace Richard Duffy. The 4th change could be a start for Jason Koumas ahead of Carl Fletcher.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone caution on betting on teams who have "nothing" to play for and wait for team news. ukraine have qualified already cause they are a very strong side - tempting as it is to lump on turkey at that price they have been playing a little below expectations and unless something dramatically changes in both teams play or ukraine's lineup, you can equally say this is a good price for Ukraine. Last Nov Ukraine thumped turkey 3-0 in Istanbul and Turkey have yet to win against quality opposition away in this group. Poland are banker material , also like the look of Switzerland at 1.50 - don't see a reason why they wouldn't be all out to beat Cyprus as this is there big chance to consolidate their position at the top of a tight group

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone Ukraine - Turkey 2

Team Total Won Draw Lost Goals Points
1. Ukraine 10 7 3 0 16 - 4 24
2. Turkey 10 4 5 1 21 - 9 17
3. Greece 9 4 3 2 12 - 7 15
4. Denmark 9 3 4 2 15 - 10 13
5. Albania 10 4 0 6 9 - 17 12
6. Georgia 9 2 3 4 13 - 18 9
7. Kazakhstan 9 0 0 9 4 - 25 0
Denmark has Georgia, Greece home and Kazakhstan away Greece has away both Kazakhstan, Denmark and Georgia home Ukraine already qualified with the remaining Turkey Albania matches. Turkey has Ukraine and Albania matches both away Ukraine soccer is the same as Greece soccer they don play attacking football in fact they play anti-football, defensive play n counters, that's a style I don like even in Chelsea it sux :) Ukraine may be flattered after qualification also Sheva already back to Milan but Voronin and Rotan stands there On Turkey side Terim the emperor already mentioned -before the Denmark match- 7 points will be enough perhaps will not but he aimed to win 2, so Ukraine match have to be the first! So it will be, even Ukraine aint beaten at home Turkey gonna win by 0-1 or 1-2 I guess n hope n pray

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone have to admit the 9/1 on Lichtenstein is tempting Luxembourg got beat by them 4-0 in the previous encounter Lichtenstein lost 2-0 to Russia, Luxembourg lost 6-0 to Portugal in the previous round dunno if that says anything about either side really, quite impressed with Lichtestein only conceding 2 against Russia 1/3 on Luxembourg is not betting material as there isn't that much difference in the sides, however Luxembourg have done absolutely nothing in previous rounds to suggest they can do anything small punt on Liechtenstein if anything on a further note I'm starting to like the look of Slovakia to beat Latvia Slovakia beat Germany 2-0 at the weekend which should give them a big lift, and they beat Latvia 4-1 last time they met coming from a goal behind no less Slovakia will want to win this no question to keep above Russia who are on equal points (18), and Russia play Portugal so depending on the team Portugal put out i can see Russia dropping points odds of 2.2 seem to be the best on offer

Poland are banker material
I dont see it that way at all, Wales are sure pack their defence like against England and try to shut out the Poles, and lets not forget if it wasnt for a great save by Robinson and a delection for Coles goal Wales could have nicked it. With a Packed defence, Koumas who is a very good distributer and the pace of Giggs and Earnshaw Wales could make this a very hard game to win if they were to pinch one. Poland will probably win but your probably going to have to sweat for your money.

caution on betting on teams who have "nothing" to play for and wait for team news. ukraine have qualified already cause they are a very strong side - tempting as it is to lump on turkey at that price they have been playing a little below expectations and unless something dramatically changes in both teams play or ukraine's lineup, you can equally say this is a good price for Ukraine. Last Nov Ukraine thumped turkey 3-0 in Istanbul and Turkey have yet to win against quality opposition away in this group. Poland are banker material , also like the look of Switzerland at 1.50 - don't see a reason why they wouldn't be all out to beat Cyprus as this is there big chance to consolidate their position at the top of a tight group
Poland should win tomorrow but I would hold back on the banker status at least until we know more about the Polish line-up. A defensive feel is to be expected and although we don't play too well away, it would rely on Poland having a decent game to get the goal (or 2) that they'll need for the win. A Polish win would heap pressure on England but Toshack has targeted finishing above N. Ireland in the group and a point would please most supporters, I feel. I'm slightly tempted to go for >2.5 goals but won't be making any decisions until tomorrow. As for the Switzerland game - I have to agree that despite the mediocre opposition, this presents as a must win game. In this group, 3 pts is = the other teams playing 3 games as there are so many draws here. The odds won't excite people but, barring major problems, the game should be there for the taking.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone Latest info about Bulgaria - Iceland: Key striker Berbatov returns for the hosts after being suspended against Sweden. Unfortunately useful right-back Blago Georgiev is now suspended after getting two yellows on Saturday. Coach Stoichkov got a red card as well and will watch the match as a spectator. Young midfielder Chavdar Yankov is doubtful because of an injury, even if he starts, he will not last for more than 60 minutes. There's huge pressure on Bulgaria as the local media are furious about the coach, the players, the tactics, the discipline... well, about pretty much everything. I don't expect too many fans on the stadium today. The expected lineup is: Goalie: Ivankov Defence: Kishishev, Valentin Iliev, Topuzakov, Ivaylo Petkov Midfield: Stan Petrov, Martin Petrov, Lazarov, Chavdar Yankov (or Gargorov) Attack: Berbatov, Genkov (young and of unknown quality) All of the reserves are little known players from Bulgarian teams - no chance for an inspiring substitution. I don't know much about Iceland but they have only managed to get an away draw and a home win against Malta so far; they lost all other matches. They have a poor defence (21 goals in 8 matches, a single clean sheet - away at Malta) and their most influential players is probably Gudjonsen. They have scored 11 goals in 8 matches - they played 3 away matches and they failed to score in two of these - against Croatia and Malta, they did score 2 against Hungary though. On Saturday they were leading 1:0 at HT against Croatia but were demolished 1:3 in the second half. Iceland shoud be extra motivated because their President will be at the stadium and I think this is a rare occasion for an away match. I will probably not bet on this match as I can't find decent odds. I might only take Iceland to score - 1.65 at Fonbet but there's not that much value in it.

Re: WC Quals. 07/09 European Zone Right, here's some snippets of team neews for tonight... hope this can be of some use... Italian forward Alessandro Del Piero has been forced to withdraw from the Azzurri squad preparing for the crucial World Cup qualifier away to Belarus. An injury to his right thigh has forced the Juventus forward to return to Italy, ruling out any chance of playing some part in the fixture in Minsk. Del Piero was not expected to start the match, but could have played an important role coming off the bench for the Azzurri. England winger Joe Cole looks set to be dropped to accommodate the return of Michael Owen, despite scoring the winner against Wales at the weekend. Newcastle forward Owen was suspended for Saturday's 1-0 win in Cardiff but looks likely to earn an instant recall for the game against Northern Ireland. Coach Sven-Goran Eriksson is set to stick with his new 4-5-1 formation. Striker Wayne Rooney is expected to occupy Cole's role on the left side for the game in Belfast. Scotland manager Walter Smith believes patience is the key for the must-win World Cup qualifier in Norway. Wolves striker Kenny Miller is set for another lone role up front against Norway after his hugely impressive display against Italy. Nigel Quashie is rated no better than 50-50 by Scotland manager Walter Smith for Wednesday's make-or-break World Cup qualifier against Norway. The Southampton midfielder - part of Smith's favoured midfield quartet of Quashie, captain Barry Ferguson, Darren Fletcher and Paul Hartley - missed Monday night's training after being taken off during the weekend draw with Italy. But Smith is desperate to keep the four together so will not make a decision until on Wednesday. Scotland manager Walter Smith has drafted in Aberdeen FC Scott Severin for the fixture after the midfielder's club captain Russell Anderson pulled out with an ankle injury. The visitors will also be without the suspended Christian Dailly, although Steven Pressley is available following his ban against Italy. Scotland, five points adrift of the second-placed Norwegians in Group 5, need a win to keep their slim qualification hopes alive. Norway have reacted to the loss of three players through suspension and an injury to Steffen Iversen by recalling Egil Østenstad for the game against Scotland. The striker has not played for his country since 1999 but a combination of recent good form and a knowledge of Scottish football led coach Åge Hareide to turn to the former Rangers FC man. Iversen hurt his leg during Saturday's 3-2 win in Slovenia, while match-winner Morten Gamst Pedersen and Erik Hagen both picked up yellow cards and will sit out the tie in Oslo along with Jon Inge Høiland. Wales manager John Toshack is set to make four changes to the side beaten by England for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier with Poland in Warsaw. The only enforced change will see Rob Earnshaw replacing the suspended John Hartson up front. James Collins is poised to take Robert Page's place as one of the three centre backs, with Rob Edwards coming in at right wing-back for Richard Duffy. Jason Koumas is set to come in for Carl Robinson in a central midfield role. Wales have now failed to score in their last four matches. Liverpool striker Fernando Morientes will undergo tests on Wednesday after injuring his thigh in the final training session before Spain face Serbia & Montenegro. Doctors say it is too early to determine the extent of the damage. But insiders say it is suspected he may have torn a muscle, which could sideline him for several weeks. With Morientes absent, Spain coach Luis Aragones is likely to put striker Fernando Torres alongside Raul. Lithuania v Bosnia With Lithuania having proved tricky opponents so far, perhaps Sliskovic is sensible to be cautious, but with Mirsad Bešlija, Ivica Grlic and Branimir Bajic back from suspension for Wednesday, the tide of fate may be turning in the former Yugoslav republic's direction. They will be without the banned Emir Spahic, but if they can keep their heads and hope that all around them start losing theirs, those painful memories of EURO 2004™ qualification could be obliterated by the greatest success in the annals of Bosnia-Herzegovnian football. The Czech Republic have lost two of their key players to injury ahead of Wednesday's visit of Armenia in FIFA World Cup qualifying. Goalkeeper Petr Cech bruised his shoulder in Saturday's 2-0 loss to Romania and has returned to Chelsea FC, while Marek Jankulovski flew back to AC Milan today for treatment on his ankle. Coach Karel Brückner also has concerns over two first-choice midfield players as captain Tomáš Galásek and Tomáš Rosický both missed the defeat in Constanta and are doubtful for the tie in midweek, although he will not call up any reinforcements. Jaromír Blažek, of AC Sparta Praha, is set for a first international start since February between the posts in Olomouc. France coach Raymond Domenech will give Djibril Cissé as much time as possible to recover from a sprained ankle for Wednesday's vital Group 4 game in Dublin against the Republic of Ireland. The Liverpool FC forward scored twice in Saturday's 3-0 defeat of the Faroe Islands, only to have his celebrations soured by that ankle blow. "He'll be spared training until Wednesday," said Domenech of Cissé. Defender Lilian Thuram seems certain to play, however, after limping off at the weekend with a thigh strain. "The injury just requires rest," said the Juventus FC player. "As I'm not injured very often I can't say how my body will react." The Irish, who are level on 13 points with France and leaders Switzerland with three games to go, hope to have midfield duo Damien Duff (knee) and Matt Holland (rib) available. "Damien's injury is a bigger concern because it was picked up on Thursday but he should be OK," said manager Brian Kerr. Andy O'Brien and Kevin Kilbane have both overcome illness, however, and are available for selection. In Group 6, Austria coach Hans Krankl has called up Michael Mörz, 25, for the first time as fellow midfielders René Aufhauser, Markus Schopp and Joachim Standfest are all suspended for the game in Azerbaijan. San Marino coach Giampaolo Mazza has called in four players, three of whom are uncapped, for Wednesday's Group 7 game in Belgium, while Iceland, out of the running in Group 8, have travelled to Bulgaria with a fresh face, Bjarni Ólafur Eiríksson, due to Gylfi Einarsson's suspension.

Anybody has some news on Austria? Yes' date=' they're already out of the games, but I hardly see them go to lose some points in Azerbijan, and 1,50 (at Snai) seems pretty good to me.[/quote'] see the last paragraph of my last post... I personally feel Azerbijan have got the ability to get a draw, especially with the state of their pitches - doesn't help people to play football....