Racing Chat - Monday 18th April

12 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Funny enough it was tricky to find selections today and have still had to compromise on a few prices

My Trixie is

4.15 Hunt Danny Whizzbang 2/1

4.55 Chep Sebastopol 16/5

5.21 Wolv Carlos Felix 3/1 (2nd Fav)

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 91.80 pts

Cover bets

4.15 Hunt Eagle Hill 1 pt at 5.8, Boughtbefoelunch 0.5 at 9/2 (short) and Innisfreelad 0.5 pts at 5/1 (short) NB omitted Truckin Away because of poor recent form)

4.55 Chep Mick Pastor 1 pt 9/2, Rikoboy 0.5 pts at 6/1 and Zambezi Fix 0.5 at 11/2 (short) NB omitted King DArgent as not been running well)

5.21 Wolv Crystal Starlet 1 pt 85/40 (short) Richard RHB 0.5 pts at 11/2 (short) and Bobba Tee 0.5 pts at 10/1 Nb Omitted Running Cloud and Antonine Road (Mark Johnstone, always dangerous to leave out.

The best I can do today

10 points staked

RESULTS UPDATE

My Trixie was denied by 3/4 length today.  I think that the jockey's inexperience caused the horse to get beat.  However, it did get 7lbs of it back and I guess we can't have it all ways can we?

Anyway a net profit of 5.73 for my bets today and a 3 point loss for my bet on the Irish National.  Accum new method is now -2.40, MTD -58.30 & YTD -214.11

I thought I could escape looking up the merits of each qualifying runner in my chosen races but now realise I can't.  I still have to look at each qualifying runner to see if one looks to be ahead of others in the race.  The horses at the forefront of the betting market do not necessarily reflect those with the proven form and having the best ability to either win the race or make a bold showing in attempting to do so.  More work for me I guess.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:51 AM, The Equaliser said:

Funny enough it was tricky to find selections today and have still had to compromise on a few prices

My Trixie is

4.15 Hunt Danny Whizzbang 2/1

4.55 Chep Sebastopol 16/5

5.21 Wolv Carlos Felix 3/1 (2nd Fav)

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 91.80 pts

Cover bets

4.15 Hunt Eagle Hill 1 pt at 5.8, Boughtbefoelunch 0.5 at 9/2 (short) and Innisfreelad 0.5 pts at 5/1 (short) NB omitted Truckin Away because of poor recent form)

4.55 Chep Mick Pastor 1 pt 9/2, Rikoboy 0.5 pts at 6/1 and Zambezi Fix 0.5 at 11/2 (short) NB omitted King DArgent as not been running well)

5.21 Wolv Crystal Starlet 1 pt 85/40 (short) Richard RHB 0.5 pts at 11/2 (short) and Bobba Tee 0.5 pts at 10/1 Nb Omitted Running Cloud and Antonine Road (Mark Johnstone, always dangerous to leave out.

The best I can do today

10 points staked

Very unlucky, pity that you changed your format. The Favourite approach would have produced a winning trixie.

I am confident that by avoiding the very short prices you will hit a nice payday. Good luck.