Non league predictions 5th February

Darran

AFC Telford v Alfreton
I'm pretty keen on Telford here. In their last 3 games they managed a draw against Kettering and Gateshead and then were impressive in beating Curzon in midweek. They look capable of getting themselves out of the relegation battle and if they play like they have been then they can beat Alfreton here. Alfreton have only managed to beat Spennymoor in their last 7 games and haven't even managed a goal in their last 4. I would make the home side clear favourites here. 

Curzon Ashton v Gloucester
Curson might have been well beaten on Tuesday, but on the whole they are in good form as they were unbeaten in 5 games going into that game. They have only lost 2 games at home during the season and given Gloucester have only managed to beat Farsely and Leamington on their travels I think the home side can win. I'm slightly concerned about the draw as both sides have had a few stalemates of late, but Gloucester have managed just 5 goals in their last 10 games so if Curzon can get one it might well be enough.

Farsley Celtic v Spennymoor
The away side were struggling for numbers on Saturday, but still managed to draw against Gloucester mainly because we are so bad away from home. Given Farsley managed to beat Kidderminster at home last Saturday and then were unlucky to lose to Bradford on Wednesday I think they have a chance of winning again here. Spennymoor's away form has been awful as well although they did manage to beat Chester in their last game on the road, but that was their first in 10 away games. With the improvement in Farsley I think they have a better chance of winning than the bookies think.

Bamber Bridge v Buxton (Northern Premier)
The home side are really struggling of late as they continue to fall out of play-off contention. They have only picked up 8 points in their last 10 games and only 2 of those have come in their last 6. Buxton meanwhile sit in 2nd in the table and after having a blip they are bang in form again and they are unbeaten in their last 6 games. They are a shade of odds on but I think that is value for an away win so they can keep the pressure on South Sheilds at the top of the table.

Merstham v Leatherhead (Isthmian Premier)
Leatherhead need a minor miracle to stay up, but they have certainly been improving and whilst they remain winless at home they have actually managed 4 away wins. They have been a bit unlucky to have only won once in their last 7 games, but at the same time they have only lost two of those games to Cheshunt and Hornchurch. Merstham are not in great form themselves and I don't think there is a great deal between these two sides, indeed I think you could argue that Leatherhead have been playing better. Therefore an away win looks the value play.

AFC Telford 2pts @ 6/4 with everyone apart from Hills who go 8/5 (take up to 11/10)
Curzon Ashton 1pt @ 5/4 with William Hill and Coral (take up to Evs)
Farsley Celtic 1pt @ 11/5 with William Hill and Coral (take up to 7/4)
Buxton 2.5pts @ 19/20 with William Hill, Bet365, Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to 8/11)
Leatherhead 1pt @ 14/5 with Paddy Power (both Hills and Betfair are bigger but will use this price in the stats and take up to 2/1)