** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Championships

Fader

Straight into the next one as the Cazoo European Championships get started on Thursday. Peter Wright won this last year, beating the previous years winner James Wade, in the final. A 4 day event that's hosted in Austria, Suljovic's home country.

The top 32 players from the European Tour make up this event so think the Super Series, Winter Series winners etc..

Price is in the top half and it looks like he will meet MVG in the Quarter Finals (aslong as MVG can beat Wade) in the other part of the top half we have Ratajski, Smith, Searle, Noppert and Aspinall so this tournament will really catch fire Quarter finals onwards. The player I like from the top half is Ratajski. He played some really good stuff last week and was unlucky to go out to Clayton in that Quarter Final. He was the only player to really push Clayton at the Grand Prix.

In the bottom half Peter Wright will have Suljovic and Cullen in his half. I think Suljovic has a chance of going deep in this event but it's hard to know his form because the Grand Prix has the double in/double out aspect. Add to the fact Mensur is "at home" i think he is worth a small bet. In the other half of the bottom I like a few outsiders. Cross will likely meet De Sousa in the Quarter Finals but I wasn't that impressed with De Sousa and I think one of Rydz/Humphries/Williams can give Cross a go if they make it through.

2pts e/w K.Ratajski to win European Championship 25/1 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w L.Humphries to win European Championship 25/1 paddypower
1pt e/w M.Suljovic to win European Championship 33/1 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------
0.5pts C.Rydz to win European Championships 66/1 paddypower
0.5pts L.Williams to win European Championships 100/1 paddypower

9 hours ago, owenclass said:

Is Clayton competing 

No, not this event. Good to see Wright go out last night. Opens up the bottom half so much. There wasn't much I liked last night. Here's tonights line up:

Gawlas Vs Murnan
Ratajski Vs Noppert
Wade Vs Smith-Neale
Aspinall Vs King
M.Smith Vs Searle
MVG Vs Krcmar
Price Vs Edhouse
Heta Vs Clemens

Some nice 50/50 kind of matches tonight, atleast from the bookies perspective but I think Gawlas and Searle (both even shots) are more than 50% likely to win. Gawlas is a good player and if he can bring that form to the big screen then he should be too consistent for Murnan, who is either awful or brilliant. Searle looked excellent at the Grand Prix until he got to the Semi-Final and then was terrible but in the early round of a tournament I think he will be care-free against Smith and would like to think the doubling would return.

I'll also take King to beat Aspinall. Aspinall just hasn't shown me any real solid form since the Premier League and King is dangerous to anybody.

4pts A.Gawlas to beat J.Murnan evens paddypower
3pts R.Searle to beat M.Smith evens bet365
2.5pts M.King to beat N.Aspinall 13/10 bet365
--------------------------------------
2pt treble MVG, Searle and Heta 7/2 paddypower
1pt accy - Gawlas, Ratajski, King, Searle and Heta 24/1 paddypower (money back if 1 loses)

Euro Champ bets 0pts

Gawlas and Searle both win and the treble comes in for +10.5 last night. Ratajski went out to Noppert, of whom I think has a good chance of going deep now. The match with Searle and Noppert should be a great match, today.

The one I like the look of tonight is Heta to beat Aspinall. Aspinall is still hitting late 80s to 90.00 averages and I think you need more than that to be winning in this event. Heta should be able to get into a similar kind of scoring that he beat Clemens with (94) and I think that would be enough. Aspinall hit 5 180s and still only averaged 90 and that says alot about his doubling.

2.5pts Heta to beat Aspinall evens bet365

I'll also add a boosted treble with paddy. I'm not sure on the Dolan/Cross match but if Cross raises his game then he should win. I think Cullen wins and Humphries has every chance against De Sousa if he can get his doubling going early.

2pts treble - Cross, Cullen and Humphries all to win 6/1 paddypower

Yep, lost out again on 1. De Sousa turned up against Humphries but then next match ofcourse he's all over the place. Anyway, good to see Cross win another tournament. It's been a while coming and he needed MVG to drop off his form abit but a wins a win. We have a Super Series as next Darts event on Tuesday.

-4pts for me with this event