** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Primeira Liga Predictions > Aug 13th - 16th

Estoril

They won the first prize of Portugal Segunda Liga in last season, which can not be ignored. They make a dream start this season by a 2-0 victory over FC Arouca in last game. They are in high morale now.

Vitoria Guimaraes

They were the eighth in last season. In last game, they lose to Portimonense at 0-1, which ends their two-match winning streak in recent games. It seems that they put too much effort on Portugal League Cup so that they do not play well in the League.

Verdict:

Estoril take the lower hand over Vitoria Guimaraes in past head-to-head clashes with a record of 3W-2D-5L. But Estoril are in high morale and have home advantage. Vitoria Guimaraes are in poor condition. Estoril stand the chance to win in upcoming game.

Goals in Match: Over 2 goals

Estoril Vs Guimarães

Friday 13/08/2021 20:15 PM

Estoril: 

Estoril made a promising start of the campaign, defeating FC Arouca 2-0 in a match where they didn't allow their opponents to create much. On the other hand they didn't create many chances either. Estoril was promoted this year to the 1st league, I believe they will be a team that will move from the middle of the table to the bottom, according to my initial power rating of the Portuguese league, even fighting for maintenance. They had a bit of luck in the last game, because the opposing team, even creating few chances, could have tied the game, and when they were all balanced in attack, the last minute Estoril sealed the match with a quick counter-attack move.

Guimarães:

Guimaraes had little luck in their last game at home, they could perfectly have won, as they created many scoring opportunities, only failing in the finalization. I believe that this time it will be different, they have a good coach, a team with the potential to fight for Europe places, and they have a squad with some quality in the attack.

Conclusion:

I believe that in this game, Guimarães will come strong in to the game, they are a quality team, which will only have to improve their defensive movements. When that happens they will be a difficult opponent to beat in this Portuguese league, and with a stronger and more creative squad than Estoril, I think they have to be considered favorites in this game and the handicap (-0.25) for this game has to be considered of value.

Pick:  Guimarães Handicap -0.25 Odd: 2.05 Pinnacle

GD Estoril vs Vitória Guimarães

2021-08-13T21:15+02:00

GD Estoril

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other):

Suspended:

Vitória Guimarães

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other):Bruno Varela (0/0 last season first goalkeeper), Amoah (0/0 m), Nicolas Tié (0/0 g), Estupiñán (0/0 f)

Suspended:

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Portimonense vs Gil Vicente

Saturday 15/08/2021 15:30 PT

Portimonense:

The home team comes from a surprising triumph in the 1st round of the championship, against Guimarães, where they had some luck, resulting from the waste of the opponent, the team from Portimão was effective in finishing and took the 3 points. But I don't believe that luck would smile on them again here, because we'll see a Portimonense fighting for the last places in the table, as happened last season when they managed to avoid relegation in the last round of the championship. They have some defensive weaknesses and I believe they will concede goals here, because playing at home they expose themselves more to risk and opponents tend to take advantage.

Gil Vicente:

Here is a team that can be one of the good surprises of this championship, in my opinion, if the results show up at the beginning, they have everything to walk calmly in the table. In this pre-season phase, they played away and didn't lose any game. They also won in Tondela for the league cup and only tied with Celta de Vigo 0-0. Coming from a morale-boosting 3-0 victory in the 1st round against Boavista, this Gil Vicente likes to take over the game and looks for quick transitions, as stated by his coach who likes to play as a big team.

Conclusion:

I believe that in this match Gil will be able to exploit his fast counterattack in certain situations. Portimonense will fight to take over the game, but Gil Vicente is better at this stage of the season playing better football and able to exploit some defensive gaps that sometimes the Portimonense leaves for their home games. The positive handicap for outsiders still has some value in my opinion and I think this odd will decrease as the time of play approaches.

Pick: Gil Vicente handicap (+0.25) Odd:1.85 Bet365