Hunter Chase - 8.05 Chepstow

The Exeter race was a bit of a strange one in the end. Crews Pitch didn't help make the running and at one stage he found himself a long way back as the winner and Hinterleitnweg picked up the pace down the back. He stayed on well enough, but could never get to the winner. Rose Above It looked very green still so should improve, but this was a very weak contest. Fountains Chief looks like he needs 3m and Hinterleitenweg was keen enough in front and had nothing left down the home straight.

No Dunraven Bowl at Chepstow this year due to the fact there have been no Welsh points, but at least they have kept the hunter chase on the card. Good to see a bigger field than we have seen of late, however 6 of the horses have got no chance. I guess Danny Park is a bit of an unknown, but he has shown little in bumpers and hurdles so far.

All things being equal Salvatore should win this. He has the best form in the race, he enjoys good ground and has a top jockey on board. The only possible reason he will get beat is the fact he was a bit disappointing at Cheltenham last month and sometimes we do see horses come from Cheltenham and Aintree and then disappoint next time. I'm not sure we will see that happening here though because it is such an uncompetitive contest that he could run a stone below his best and still win.

I was pretty keen on Master Dancer last time at Ludlow, but he was a big disappointment and to me there was no obvious reason behind the poor show. Everything looked to be in his favour, but he was 60L behind the winner in the end. That was over 2m4f and he did run better over 3m when 4th at Ludlow the time before and maybe rather than the trip it was his fitness that gave way late on. 

Right Of Reply is the other one who has a chance and he ran really well at Fakenham last month on his first start for nearly 3 years. He caught my eye at Bangor back in February 2018 when I thought he got a kind ride on his 1st start since a wind op. He was poor in two starts after that although his former owner rode him at Towcester which didn't help. He stayed on well behind Peacocks Secret at Fakenham after getting out paced which bodes well for today's test round a less sharp track. 

In what is likely to be a battle for 2nd I will take Right Of Reply to follow Salvatore home because he should some on for that Fakenham run and it was a much better effort than Master Dancer showed the last day. I will also back Right Of Reply e/w just in case something happens to the favourite. You can get 5/1 so it ought to be money back at worse for that bet. I would also take as low as 4/1 which would only be a small loss.

Right Of Reply 1pt e/w @ 5/1 with Bet365

Salvatore to beat Right Of Reply 1pt f/c