Racing Chat - Saturday June 13th

Only time for some very brief reasoning this week, but I gave bets in 4 races at Moonee Valley and 5 races at Rosehill.

Moonee Valley R3 (4.35am)

Sikorsky should have won last time a couple of weeks ago, but he just didn't have quite enough at the end of the race after doing plenty early enough. He doesn't have a great draw here which is a worry, but the shorter straight should help and he can win this after connections decided to give him another week after scratching him last week.

Sikorsky @ 13/8 with Betfred

Moonee Valley R4 (5.15am)

Great Again was a good winner 1st up at Flemington and I think he can win again. His record over 1200m reads 5/7, 2nd up he's won twice and finished 2nd twice from 4 starts and on soft ground he's 6/8 and finished twice the other two starts. He showed great guts the last day and I think he can get the better of main danger Tavisan.

Great Along @ 11/4 with Betfred

Moonee Valley R7 (7.15am)

With Royal Ascot next week we have last year's Britannia Stakes winner Biometric make his 2nd start in Oz. I thought he ran really well 1st up even though he only came 9th. He was last as they turned from home and he got no luck in running in the straight. It would be no surprise to see him improve massively for that run as well and Craig Williams takes over in the saddle.

Plein Ciel is a horse I have followed for a while, but he's been out of form for a bit now. However he's first up run at Flemington a month ago was a return to form especially over a trip which was short of his best. He was just beaten in 3rd that day and is worth adding as a saver as if he builds on that he's a big player.

Biometric @ 7/2 with Betfair

Plein Ciel @ 6/1 with BetVictor

Moonee Valley R8 (7.50am)

This is a good race which could see horses going to the big races in the spring. Django Freeman is the main selection. He was 2nd in the German Derby on his last start in Germany and he was one just to watch on his Oz debut at Flemington last month. Over a short enough trip he ran a cracking race to finish 3rd to Reykjavik. The Melbourne Cup is on his radar and stepping up to 2040m is going to see even more improvement.

I am going to have a saver on Harbour Views even though he is the market leader. I put him last time and he was only 3rd behind a massive priced winner, but he was found to have mucus in his lungs after that so he is worth giving another chance to. Connections are eying up a tilt at the Cox Plate so he needs to be winning this to be up to that level.

Django Freeman @ 11/4 with Bet365

Harbour Views @ 9/5 with Bet365

Rosehill R3 (3.55am)

I have to give a last chance to Miss Einstein. She didn't get much luck in running and arguably wasn't given the best of rides behind Bound To Win last time. McEvoy takes over in the saddle and she deserves a win this prep as her two previous runs are top notch form and more than good enough to land this.

Miss Einstein @ 100/30 with Betfair

Rosehill R4 (4.10am)

The Lord Mayors Cup over 2000m here a couple of weeks ago is clearly the key form race and although others are better off in the weights now I think Wu Gok can win again. His form on a heavy track is superb and he looks set to get a very easy lead again just as he did last time. There is no other speed in the race and I can see him making all again.

Wu Gok @ 13/8 with Betfred

Rosehill R5 (4.50am)

Rari is first up after looking decent last prep. The concern is he has finished 2nd 5 times and won just 1 of 10, but he trailed well behind Classique Legend recently and that bodes well for this. 

I also like Bring The Ransom who is a big price. She had no luck at all behind Mo's Crown last time. She was still in 10th passing the 400m mark and was crowded most of the way down the straight until she was checked about 150m out losing all momentum. It was some effort to finish as close as she did.

Rari @ 7/1 with Bet365

Bring The Ransom e/w @ 12/1 with Betfred

Rosehill R6 (5.30am)

Across Dubai is another having his 2nd Oz start having been trained over here. He got no luck here a couple of weeks back over 1500m and he wasn't knocked about late on when he's chance had gone. He can only improve off that effort and an extra 300m trip will also help.

New Arrangement is one of the reserves so isn't guaranteed to run, but he was really unlucky last time and ought to have won. He's another who used to be trained over here and his last 3 runs have all been good enough to win this especially as he didn't have much luck in the other two either.

Across Dubai e/w @ 10/1 with Betfred (4 places unlike in Oz)

New Arrangment e/w @ 7/1 with Betfred

Rosehill R7 (6.10am)

Adelong was set to run last week, but they scratched her which was probably a wise idea as this looks weaker. Yes others who have run behind her recently are better off in the weights, but she has really impressed me and I think there is plenty more to come.

Adelong @ 9/5 with Betfair

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.