** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

First Division A Predictions > Aug 30th - Sep 1st

Club Brugge vs Genk

The Belgian First Division A gives us a humdinger of a clash this weekend when 4th placed Club Brugge face their toughest challenge to date against 6th placed Genk in a 1:30pm BST kick-off at the Jan Breydel Stadium. I will admit I have a soft spot for Club Brugge after a save I had on Football Manager with them. I bought their kits most seasons over the last 10 years so always keep an eye on them.

Club Brugge have started the season well with 3 wins and 1 draw from their opening 4 league games. The club was leading the way but has seen a couple of their games postponed so they've dropped down the table a few places. I can't find anywhere online that states why their games were postponed but assume it was the Belgian FA giving them the best chance possible to qualify for the Champions League group stage. If that's the case it's worked because they did it. It's back to the reality of domestic football here.

Genk bring a whole new test to this Brugge side. It's been an inconsistent start for Felice Mazzu's side with 3 wins and 2 defeats. This degree of inconsistency can be seen on their travels with the team losing one week to Mechelen 3-1 but then hammering Waasland-Beveren 4-0 on another week. This makes it hard to tell which Genk side will turn up here. At their best, they can tear apart any side in this division but at their worst they become their own biggest enemy.

As a fairweather Club Brugge fan I'm only going one way here. Phillippe Clement has put together a really solid team this season and it's going to take something special to stop them. Over the long term it'll be interesting to see how the team deals with competing domestically and in Europe. On this occasion, I think the buzz factor from qualifying for the Champions League will give them a boost and they should get the win.

Club Brugge to Win @ 1.80 with Blacktype

Draw (Club Brugge +1) @ 6.50 with Betfair