** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Demo trading really realistic?

Hi folks,

Ive been doing pre-race scalping now for some months whenever I was bored or had some free time. The problem is right now for six months or so I am in profit. Its still in demo so Id like to ask if its realistic at all. For this reason today I want to stray away from my trading plan to see if the software is just playing games with me. Anyone here made lots of money on demo (like turning 10k into 25k starting with small $10 stakes). Id like to know before I go live with real money as Im skeptic and careful with my forex/stocks trading background. Did 1100 races UK/IRE only pre-race scalping 3 ticks with autohedge after I see a strong wave and other conditions.

Thanks in advance.
Nappy

Edited by Crazychicken
Include sample size and more info

Hi, that is a LOT of races done in virtual, I would not have had that patience and gone real a long time ago :)

Well, I would look at the variance, how does your total profit graph look like, think about the feeling you would have at any point with real money. If you feel confident that you can keep your strategy the same with real stakes (many start chasing losses or other non sense), then go for it!!

I would start with a bank and then a % per bank as each trade liability, that way you can scale up your stakes automatically, slowly. Would keep that % quite small, like 0.5% of bank.