** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

African Cup of Nations 2019

ACON.thumb.PNG.8624e5d59efd1a05327c27b514834ff7.PNG

3 teams stand out for me at the current prices...

Senegal are my NAP and are available at 7/1 - since the start of this season 32 players have made it on to the pitch in Senegal's international matches, of those 32, 25 (78%) are within peak age ranges (21-24 early peak, 25-28 peak) with 26 (81%) playing in the top 10 European leagues, breaking this down even further 22 of those are playing in an elite league (Prem, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga), further more 18 (56%) fall into the peak age ranges AND playing in an elite league. For what it's worth they are also the top African team on FIFA rankings. Senegal should be favourites for me

My N.B. is Ivory Coast who are inexplicably 13/1 with Paddy Power - they may not have the star power of years gone by but 65% of the 20 players to feature this season are playing in the top 10 European leagues, 75% fall into the peak age ranges with 50% peak age and playing in an elite league.

There is one more nation who I feel can't be ignored at current prices and that is Algeria who are 19/1 again with Patrick. Their peak age and players playing in elite/ top european league numbers may not be as fancy as Senegal or Ivory Coast but they have enough quality in their squad and deserve more respect

Bet

2pts - Senegal to win the African Cup of Nations @ 7/1 (Bet365)

1pts - Ivory Coast to win the African Cup of Nations @ 13/1 (Paddy Power)

0.5pts - Algeria to win the African Cup of Nations @ 19/1 (Paddy Power)

Edited by jazzman02

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Egypt - Zimbabwe 

I destroyed the odds on Egypt I think when I bet -1.25 @ 1.85  on Egypt  , now odds changed to -1.5

I think myself easy win for Egypt here , the Risk to lose half the bet always possible , but when I think more about it and how both teams play and what players both teams got I see something like 2-0 or 3-0 

Egypt national team have super players in midfield area , they will make many chances here and if fast 1-0 come then we should get 2-0 or late 3-0 even hopefully 

On 5/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, jazzman02 said:

ACON.thumb.PNG.8624e5d59efd1a05327c27b514834ff7.PNG

3 teams stand out for me at the current prices...

Senegal are my NAP and are available at 7/1 - since the start of this season 32 players have made it on to the pitch in Senegal's international matches, of those 32, 25 (78%) are within peak age ranges (21-24 early peak, 25-28 peak) with 26 (81%) playing in the top 10 European leagues, breaking this down even further 22 of those are playing in an elite league (Prem, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga), further more 18 (56%) fall into the peak age ranges AND playing in an elite league. For what it's worth they are also the top African team on FIFA rankings. Senegal should be favourites for me

My N.B. is Ivory Coast who are inexplicably 13/1 with Paddy Power - they may not have the star power of years gone by but 65% of the 20 players to feature this season are playing in the top 10 European leagues, 75% fall into the peak age ranges with 50% peak age and playing in an elite league.

There is one more nation who I feel can't be ignored at current prices and that is Algeria who are 19/1 again with Patrick. Their peak age and players playing in elite/ top european league numbers may not be as fancy as Senegal or Ivory Coast but they have enough quality in their squad and deserve more respect

Bet

2pts - Senegal to win the African Cup of Nations @ 7/1 (Bet365)

1pts - Ivory Coast to win the African Cup of Nations @ 13/1 (Paddy Power)

0.5pts - Algeria to win the African Cup of Nations @ 19/1 (Paddy Power)

I'm surprised to see Egypt at such a short price. Is that purely because of the Mohamed Salah factor? I agree about Senegal. Look at their squad. Kalidou Koulibaly, Salif Sane, Idrissa Gueye, Cheikhou Kouyate, Moussa Konate, and Sadio Mane to name a few. Very solid throughout.

Egypt vs Zimbabwe

Egypt are set to claim a comfortable win over Zimbabwe in the opening match of the 2019 African cup of nations. Javier Aguirre’s men go into the tournament as hosts and favorites having won the competition as hosts on three of the last four occasions. They have won their two friendlies in the build up to the 2019 AFCON.

Egypt have claimed victory their last five home matches and with Star man Mohamed Salah finished the season on high with EPL club Liverpool and is expected to start in attack alongside Marwan Mohsen.

Zimbabwe drew their two warm up matches in their build up to the 2019 AFCON. They drew 0-0 with Nigeria in Asaba before playing out a 1-1 draw with AFCON bound Tanzania.
The Warriors were eliminated during the group stage of the 2017 AFCON in Gabon after losing two and drawing one of the three matches in the opening round. 
Zimbabwe coach Sunday Chidzambwa is expected to stick with Anderlecht striker Knowledge Musona who found the net six times during the qualifiers alongside Khama Billiat.

Egypt to win and BTTS @ 5.00 Betway

Anytime Goalscorer Mohamed Salah @1.90 betway

Edited by Sterphyle