** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Austrian Open

Fader

This is the 5th of the weekly European Tour tournaments. I am going to try and cover these more often as there is some value in the outright markets (as long as MVG doesn't win) Of the 4 so far that I haven't covered, MVG has won 3 of them to be fair but he's only human and there is every chance of some each way value.

Looking at the draw for this, the top half has some big matches in it. Aspinall Vs Chisnall. Gurney plays the winner and then would have MVG in a semi-final. In the bottom half Van Barneveld Vs Suljovic could be a cracker. RVB has a good record against Mensur, but with Mensur in his home country, that could bode well. 

I'll take 3 in the outright. The top half I will take Gurney. He beat MVG tonight and got the double over him in the Premier Leauge this year. It also means 3 in a row for Gurney and he no longer fears MVG. He has to be the play here. In the bottom half, I just can't split the Barney/Suli match. Winner of that should beat Price who isn't in any kind of form and then would face Rob Cross in the Semi-final (no value on Cross for me)

1.5pts E/W M.Suljovic to win Austrian Open 20/1 Paddypower
1.5pts D.Gurney to win Austrian Open 25/1 bet365
0.5pts E/W N.Aspinall to win Austrian Open 50/1 bet365
0.5pts E/W Van Barneveld to win Austrian Open 80/1 bet365

Yeah, Gurney was the closest out of the picks from me. Van Gerwen was awesome against him though. big checkouts including a 170. Gurney got it to 4-3 but missed doubles. I think looking at how MVG played, there was some revenge wanted by him. As he wasn't as good against the other players he played.