** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > April 19th/20th

Darran

All the National League games take place on Good Friday with the other leagues playing across both Friday and Saturday before we get everyone playing on Easter Monday.

Gateshead v Chesterfield

I am opposing Gateshead again here having taken them on last Saturday which paid off with Eastleigh winning 1-0. That put to bed any realistic chance they had of reaching the play-offs and it made it one point in six games as the off the field issues are showing on the pitch. Chesterfield are finishing the season strongly. They are 3rd in the last 10 game form table and are now unbeaten in 6 after a routine win over Maidstone last week. Given John Sheridan will be having his first close season in charge I imagine the players are playing for contracts for next season so I don't see any reason for them to take things easy in a game which has little riding on it. I think the 6/4 with Betway and Betfred is a cracking price.

Maidenhead v Barrow

The home side were outclassed by Salford in the live game last week and it wasn't a terrible performance as such, but Salford were just so clinical in front of goal and so strong in defence. I think this offers a chance for them to get 3 points as Barrow haven't won in 4 and they blew a 2 goal lead against Dover last week to lose 3-2. Barrow are in 11th and Maidenhead are in 20th, but points wise there are only 7 points between them and Maidenhead were woeful for most of the first half of the season so I don't think there is much between these two sides at all. I would have them as favourites for this so the 15/8 with Marathon, Bet365 and William Hill makes plenty of appeal.

Wealdstone v Dulwich

Wealdstone are still in play-off contention and Dulwich made themselves safe last week after they beat Hungerford 3-1 and Truro lost to Concord on Tuesday night. That means Wealdstone obviously have more to play for, but Dulwich have really found their form at the moment and I think it is worth taking the risk that they keep performing up to the same standard they have been. In the last 10 games they have actually picked up 2 more points than their hosts and Wealdstone lost to a poor Hampton side last week. I think Dulwich are better than Hampton and they are certainly worth an interest at big odds (15/4 with Bet365)

Weston-Super-Mare v Hampton & Richmond

Speaking of Hampton a couple of surprising wins over Billericay and Wealdstone has seen them survive when I really did think they would get sucked into the bottom 3 given how poor they are. I think it sums up the league though which has been pretty poor again this year. Weston are likely to go down although they are given themselves a chance as they have beaten Dartford and East Thurrock in their last 2 games and I think they are worth chancing here. Like I say Hampton are poor and I reckon the might switch off now they are safe and with Weston still having something to play for I am happy to take a chance on them at 19/10 with Marathon.

Wingate & Finchley v Margate

I am going to back Margate again despite them losing their last two and that Wingate need the points to survive at the bottom. They were disappointing against Potters Bar last week, but they are better than Wingate and just shouldn't be as big as 2/1. Wingate have lost their last 3 conceding 10 goals in the process and this is certainly harder than their last game when they lost 3-1 to Corinthian Casuals. Just because a team at the bottom needs points it doesn't mean they will get them and there can often be value in taking them on and hopefully that is the case here.

Chesterfield 3ps @ 6/4 with Betfred and Betway

Maidenhead 1pt @ 15/8 with Marathon, Bet365 and William Hill

Dulwich 1pt @ 15/4 with Bet365

Weston-Super-Mare 1pt @ 19/10 with Marathon

Margate 1pt @ 2/1 with Bet365

Nice on Darran! I'll be following these today. Can see some upsets in League One and League Two as well so will make up some doubles. Good luck

EDIT: I'll also be backing Leatherhead and Swindon Supermarine

Edited by Johnmccain

On 4/19/2019 at 5:11 PM, sap said:

@Darran

Price on dulwich had dropped,is there specific reason?

Didn’t see this until after the game but yes Dulwich drifted out to at least  6/1 and for the first time I cashed out my original bet for a loss and went in at the bigger price. Can only imagine the Asians got involved with Wealdstone given Dulwich had nothing to play for.

2 hours ago, Darran said:

Didn’t see this until after the game but yes Dulwich drifted out to at least  6/1 and for the first time I cashed out my original bet for a loss and went in at the bigger price. Can only imagine the Asians got involved with Wealdstone given Dulwich had nothing to play for.

Ha.Saw sap's post but bottled going in again at 6/1. Profit on the day. Cheers mate.