** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Azerbaijan GP (Sunday 1.10pm UK)

For round four of the Formula One championship we go to Azerbaijan for only the third time ever.

Not much to go on stats wise but last year we had two drivers on the podium that came from miles back so anything is possible around this circuit. Daniel Riccardo won from 10th on the grid and will be eager to follow up his victory in China two weeks ago.

So far Mercedes have taken a back seat with victories for Vettel twice and Ricciardo but Lewis Hamilton is still not that far behind championship leader Vettel and amazingly the Mercs are in front in the constructors chart. If they can get their act together they should be strong around here.

Plenty of incidents are predicted especially as we race here 2 months earlier than normal and track condition should be cooler. I fancy the 'unders' this week in the Classified Drivers market.

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 12.53.19.png

Latest prices for Sundays race; from Bet365

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 13.04.25.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 13.06.12.png

Fascinating race in store after all three of the main constructors had decent sessions at one time or another. It was Vettel who landed on pole again for Ferrari but I get the feeling Hamilton and Bottas will make it a very close race.

Red Bull are also not far off the pace and last years winner Ricciardo looks strong once again.

Vettel is Even money with bet365 with Hamilton second best at 5/2 with Coral. Ferrari are going well but the value bet is with Hamilton. Interestingly BetVictor are going 3 places for the outright, the only bookie to do it as far as I can see and Bottas at 12/1 may interest some?

I think I would just prefer to back Bottas to get on the podium as that looks tasty at 6/5, looks a match up with Red Bull for 3rd spot.

Elsewhere a Safety Car looks a certainty around here but at 1/6 you wont get rich. The unders at 8/11 looks very good value now after seeing a few drivers scrape the wall in practice and qualifying.

Grid
1. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari
2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
3. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes
4. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull
5. Max Verstappen, Red Bull
6. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari
7. Esteban Ocon, Force India
8. Sergio Perez, Force India
9. Carlos Sainz, Renault
10. Lance Stroll, Williams
11. Sergey Sirotkin, Williams